Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

If there is a superstar mode, that'd be great. If there isn't... Time to play around with curves then :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sven, read the bottom of page two and top of page three here to find out abotu superstar mode.

you create your player and then you workout during the combine, get drafted and basically you just take your player through his entire career, signing new contracts, trades, getting endorsment deals, its real fun.

They better fix franchise mode first, otherwise you're likely to get stuck in the minors and never called up.

And c'mon Mack, you know you'd enjoy that 'test-a-curve' feature for the same 1 min and 42 seconds everyone else would (which includes 24 seconds of load time).

The longer EA goes without giving up any more info on this game the more bitter I get. Even NBA 08 has a ton of info out there and it's being released almost a month later.

I wish they'd adapt the new skating to the "old" generation platforms. Don't want to spend $500 to play a video game a few times a month.

EDIT: Sven, read the bottom of page two and top of page three here to find out abotu superstar mode.

you create your player and then you workout during the combine, get drafted and basically you just take your player through his entire career, signing new contracts, trades, getting endorsment deals, its real fun.

Whoa, thats awesome! I think it will be the first game i will play in years. Im not a gamer but this seems pretty nice.

I am very interested in the new skating engine. I find that the current one on 360 is out of control. Players are all over the place and it makes it real hard to set anything up offensively.

why do so many players have their socks over their tendon guard, i hate that in real life. everything looks good though, the one90s came out pretty good it seems.

You guys are really weird. Its not a huge deal what they are using.

Well "If it's in the game, it should be, in the game." After all that's their slogan... Actually, I don't really care but if you comment about something obscure like a helmet I think the gloves and stick would have probably been noticed first since they're more visible. All I care about is better AI and no more glitches.

All I care about is better AI and no more glitches.

Thankyou. Equipment and crap should be the last priority.

yeah, it is pretty pointless. It's nice to have in screenshots and heck would be nice to have during the game but seriously are you going to notice unless it's a replay or a cut-away clip? Gameplay matters sooo much more, that's why the 2k series was my game of choice this year and that's inspite of *gasp* 2 out of every 3 players rocking a cnt stealth.

The preliminary screen shots of 07 had wrong equipment but they managed to fix that prior to release, 08 will be no different. Also, I'm pretty sure players are completely editable now as well.

So you're basically saying JR's work with the 2K series (ie. getting the equipment right) is last thing they should be focusing on?

I don't think it's completely unimportant. If the companies go to the effort to gather all of the licenses and accurately represent the equipment, why just randomly slap gear on players?

And out of any group of people interested in these NHL games, I would have thought the people on this board would care the most to have players wearing the right equipment!

So you're basically saying JR's work with the 2K series (ie. getting the equipment right) is last thing they should be focusing on?

I don't think it's completely unimportant. If the companies go to the effort to gather all of the licenses and accurately represent the equipment, why just randomly slap gear on players?

And out of any group of people interested in these NHL games, I would have thought the people on this board would care the most to have players wearing the right equipment!

Like Cavs said, in previews the players usually wear the wrong equipment because the game isn't completely fine tuned yet. Look at the first screens of Kipprusoff, he's wearing RBK Premier 2 pads but in the latest screens he's wearing his Vaughn V3's. It's not out for another 2 months and the programmers still have to assign the proper gear to however many players there are in the AHL and NHL.