Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

This link was in the EA forums. I thought it was pretty cool. A site that has all NHL team goal horns and music.

2khockey.net

that site is awesome for authentic goal horns/sirens etc

Chants would be an all right touch, but if they're able to put actual goal songs in then I'm definitely using Anaheim.

I wouldn't be using the Preds, that's for sure. I still can't get that damn song out of my head.

Player ratings (from EA's forums):

Nicklas Lidstrom - 96

Chris Pronger - 96

Jarome Iginla - 94 (power forward)

Joe Thornton - 94 (playmaker)

Sidney Crosby - 93

Kiprusoff, Miikka 93

Roberto Luongo - 92

Dany Heatley - 91 (sniper)

Jason Spezza 91 - (playmaker)

Daniel Alfredsson - 90 (sniper)

Teemu Selanne 90 - (sniper)

Ovechkin 90

Datsyuk, Pavel 89

Havlat, Martin 88

Backstrom, Nicklas 88

Jaret Stoll 88

Ray Emery - 88

Simon Gagne 88 - (sniper)

Marty Turco 88 -

Souray, Sheldon 88

Gionta, Brian 87

Lehtonen, Kari 86

Afinogenov, Maxim 86

Andy McDonald - 86 (playmaker)

Daniel Briere - 86 (playmaker)

Dion Phaneuf - 86

Semin, Alexander 85

Malkin 85

Alex Tanguay - 85 (playmaker)

Jonathan Cheechoo - 85 (sniper)

Anze Kopitar - 85

Chelios, Chris 84

Tarnstrom 84

Tomas Vanek - 84

Samsonov, Sergei 84

Svatos, Marek 83

Chris Kunitz - 82 (grinder)

Craig Conroy - 82 (playmaker)

Beauchemin, Francois 82

Johnson, Jack 82

Milan Michalek - 81 (grinder)

Craig Rivet - 81

Kyle Mclaren - 80

Scott Hartnell - 79 (power forward)

Weber, Shea 74

Jarret Stoll an 88 :unsure:

Shea Weber a 74? Man I miss when EA knew hockey.

EA doesn't do the ratings

a separate company does all the ratings and sends it off to them each year

From the EA Developers blog on IGN:

"This year we had our NHL and AHL ratings done by a hockey analyst who has done pro scouting and junior scouting for NHL teams as well as scouts in Sweden and Finland doing the Elitserien and SM-Liiga ratings."

EA Dev Blog on IGN

Also this...

"Another interesting thing about the ratings this year is that the Overall can be deceiving as each rating is extremely important in terms of gameplay. Players like Maxim Afinogenov might not be the highest rated OV players but their offensive game is top notch with great speed and deking ability as well as offensive awareness. So looking at a player’s makeup in all their ratings definitely helps you determine what role the player will be best at in your game plan.

With the AHL in the game this year people will notice some of the AHL players rated higher than some NHL’ers in the game. This is true in that the only thing holding some of these players back are a weakness in one area of their game or their physical size. We have noticed some players dominate in the AHL and then as soon as we bring them up to the NHL they get manhandled or their weaknesses stand out a lot more. True to real life and a lot of fun to see. "

http://www.easports.com/nhl08/news.jsp?id=nhlonps2

Info on NHL 08 for PS2 and PC

basically, you get NHL 07 for 360 on PS2/PC with current gen graphics and gameplay

same AHL integration and what not as 08 for Next Gen though.

Awesome news. Thanks. Now us pc users, lets cross our fingers for widescreen support so we don't have to play a stretched out version where everybody looks like a bunch of fat beer leagers.

really? I tried 07 on my PC and 1440x900 resolution worked just fine.. are you using like a 22" widescreen?

I've got it running through my PC to my 46" HD Plasma...and it works and looks like a champ!!

really? I tried 07 on my PC and 1440x900 resolution worked just fine.. are you using like a 22" widescreen?

You are running it stretched. There is no 1440x900 resolution. There are three.. 800x600 and I forgot what the other 2 are. Regardless, none of them are widescreen resolutions. You will notice a HUGE difference on a non-widescreen monitor with the way it looks.

Shea Weber a 74? Man I miss when EA knew hockey.

EA doesn't do the ratings

a separate company does all the ratings and sends it off to them each year

If they knew hockey they'd be handling it themselves rather than send it to a company who apparently had a sister violated by Shea Weber.

I can live with whatever they give Arnott since he's got a cannon too, but 85? I may just avoid all NHL games this year and keep going with the NHL 94/07 seasons.

I like how Backstrom and Harding are both rated about a 75-80 for most everything. That'll make it fun playing the Wild this year <_<

I'm in a bit of a dilemma deciding which game to get. I've had and enjoyed the NHL 06 and 07 versions and played them strictly online for the ps2. Both of them were essentially the same game and only improvements were made on the 360 version. It seems both versions of the game for 08 and 2k8 are bringing in new features that make both games tempting, but are these features such as create-a-play for the 08 and breakaway moves for the 2k8 available on the ps2? I play these games so often that I'm thinking about even getting both, but if they aren't going to be up to par with the 360 and ps3, then I know exactly what's gong to be on my christmas list. I was really getting sick of all of the glitches and horrible goaltending in 07, so I really need suggestions.

October EGM

Bioshock 10, 10, 10 gotm

Heavenly sword 8, 8, 9

Warhawk 8.5, 7, 8.5

Wild Arms 5 - 8, 6.5, 5

Eternal Sonata - 6, 8, 7

Madden - 9, 9, 8.5

NHL 08 - 9.5, 9, 9

Medal of Honor - 6.5, 8, 5.5

Mysims - 6, 5.5, 6.0

Sonic Rush Adventure - 7.5, 7.0, 7.0

surprising to see NHL up there and not another sports game like Madden or NBA Live. Second to Bioshock that says quite a bit I guess?