Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

EA still can't get the gameplay right. I'm still waiting for a true hockey sim. Hope it happens one fine day.

Sounded to me like the reviewer said it was pretty tight. Not sure what you read that says they still don't have the gameplay right.

the video on IGN is clearly the old build, none of the players have the updated gear

the new create-a-play sounds cool, so does the ability to do single stride pushes and so does the other team getting to know your tendencies in a playoff series. Sounds promising but I'll wait till I play it.

You guys are really weird. Its not a huge deal what they are using.

All I care about is better AI and no more glitches.

Thankyou. Equipment and crap should be the last priority.

So you're basically saying JR's work with the 2K series (ie. getting the equipment right) is last thing they should be focusing on?

I don't think it's completely unimportant. If the companies go to the effort to gather all of the licenses and accurately represent the equipment, why just randomly slap gear on players?

And out of any group of people interested in these NHL games, I would have thought the people on this board would care the most to have players wearing the right equipment!

It is important, for realism's sake. The project is a busy one, with a lot of people doing a lot of different things. JR's expertise on equipment has been invaluable thus far.

In the mean time I figured I'd share my 07 masterpiece.

Nice puck movement, bad defense! haha. You should have seen some of the sick moves that I've done in the shootout. *pretends I'm the only one that can do those siiick moves* :blink:

Some new game info from the Producer answering questions from fans:

Q: Both National Anthems?

A: Every country has their national anthem played, but not the whole song.

Q: Will we see roster updates with edited player ratings?

A: Roster updates will have some ratings updates depending on the player (same as last year)

Q: You say AHL is fully playable, can you elaborate?

A: We have the AHL liscense and you can play with them online, and you have full control over your AHL affiliate including roster updates!

Q: How much more of a role will special teams play?

A: For the first time in a hockey game, you'll feel like your at a complete disadvantage when down a man or two. Our guys when penalty killing are now icing the puck which shows that they are feeling the pressure.

Q: Did you get the rights to MSG, TD Banknorth, and Nassau?

A: No, but we did get Prudential in New Jersey and the MSG arena has been completely redone with the unique ceiling.

Q: Does that mean it looks like MSG, but they just cant call it that?

A: Indeed it does sir.

Q: Will there be tip-ins and traffic?

A: Yes

Q: Will weight be a factor in skating?

A: No, they each have a skate rating.

Q; Will tere be some flexible glass nhl action when we hit somebody in the boards?

A: Yes... flexible glass will be in.

Wow, this game is sounding better and better as info is released, I can't wait. I utterly hated most everything about NHL '07 but if '08 is anything like its being described as, this is going to be one hell of a hockey game.

I imagine this year they'll have some sort of intro before a game showing the stadium, because in '07 I don't know that I ever really noticed any arena features at all. (other than MSG has that buzzer sound)

I'm really wanting a next-gen system to play this one. $300 to play a video game though...but my PS2/DVD player IS broken :D

More Q and A from the game producers:

"First off, when we said the AHL, we mean REAL AHL players. When you win the Calder Cup, and you bring your players into the NHL, they have way more experience!"

Q: Will there be a superstar mode?

A: No, we dedicated an incredible amount of resources to get gameplay where everyone wants it to be. We have authentic depth including 30 different practice types, AHL, Dynasty improvements, created plays, goalie mode, where you play from the goalie's perspective, interactive create player, and many other new features that you'll learn about soon. We've laid the groundwork for the feature with goalie mode as a starting point. Just so you know, we also think it is a great idea…

Q: Do sticks break?

A: No, sticks don't break this year

Q: Is create a play really that effective?

A: More than you could ever imagine!

Q: Are the new RBK sticks in the game?

A: Yes! We have all the latest models, including the one with the holes.

Q: Have they added goalie injuries, and being able to skate into the goaltender and knock both the player and goalie down instead of just the player?

A: No, but goalies do get injured this season in dynasty. You find this out after you play a game.

Q: Have they added kicking players out of the face off circle and a minor penalty if two players on the same team get kicked out on 1 draw?

A: No, but we did fix the cheats to winning a face-off online.

Q: Have they added a better passing system for the goaltenders?

A: The pass will go exactly where your left analog is pointing. Also, goalies can shoot down to the other goal with the right analog stick.

Q: As was mentioned in the last post, is the AHL in the game similar to old MLB franchise?

A: The AHL has the REAL players that you can use in dynasty and vs. NHL teams.

Q: As a Rangers fan, I am curious…is Marc Staal in the game?

A: No, but possibly in a roster update!

" There are new defensive controls guys. We've added the pass block control, quick poke where you press the bumper and sweep where you hold the bumper and move the right stick to block passing lanes or knock the puck off the stick. Deflections and slap passes are also in the game this year. Screen shots will mean a whole lot more this year as well.

We also have the new Sabres uniforms. So that means we have the 06-07 and 07-08 uniforms."

okay at first I heard this was definatly coming out on wii, then I even remember reading it somewhere, now, according to ea sports nhl 08 website, it is only coming out on ps3 and 360, does anyone know more on this?