Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Transformers

I heard someone talking about that scene, wondering if Starscream was one of the Raptors shooting at Megatron as well. I didn't notice it myself and if I drag myself to this again I'll keep an eye out for it.

In the sequel I'd really like there to be a bare minimum of human involvement in terms of the acting.

I agree. Too much trivial human nonsense.

What i think would've been a good idea, is if they used a story line close to the original animated movie. If they had Unicron coming to devour earth, i think it would've been epic.

That'd be a bit much for a first movie. The animated movie came after they'd had the show so you had a feel of what was going on. Granted people know about Transformers now but for a movie that could barely cover the Decepticons, that's a lot to ask.

Yes good point. I guess being a fan i was a little disappointed at the direction they took the plot and they did a lousy job of developing the transformers characters. It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the sequel.

I think they went over the top with Jazz too. The few things he said were ridiculous. Jazz should have been more sophisticated then they played him out to be. I mean his name is Jazz not Gangster Rap!

If I remember correctly, Jazz was a little hip-hoppish in the cartoon as well.

He was a cool cat, but pre hip-hop.

Jazz was voiced by Scatman Crothers in the tv show, then his character/legacy got raped by the son from Family Matters in the movie.

I don't want to see a damn movie about Cthulhu and that's what this is going to end up being, I bet.

As for TF, where the hell did Barricade (Saleen Mustang cop car) go at the end? They show him like he's going to be there to fight and never shows up? That was pretty gay.

Barricade was a Dodge Charger ; )

....made me fall in love with the car. Even mocked up as a police cruiser.

I don't want to see a damn movie about Cthulhu and that's what this is going to end up being, I bet.

As for TF, where the hell did Barricade (Saleen Mustang cop car) go at the end? They show him like he's going to be there to fight and never shows up? That was pretty gay.

Barricade was a Dodge Charger ; )

....made me fall in love with the car. Even mocked up as a police cruiser.

Nope, he was a Saleen. Saleen S281 "Extreme" Edition.

http://www.saleen.com/transformers.htm

Edit: Mack beat me to it, but ill leave the link for anyone who wants to check it out.

trans1wz5.jpg

I forgot about my infallible nature, he was a Saleen Mustang.

holy sh*t sir, you are correct! touche..

well then I now have a new found admiration for the new Mustang. I could have swore at least the front end was all Charger.

...And yeah, from what I gathered in the "making of" featurette I saw on HBO, Jazz is a Solstice, with a few "stream-line" modifications...

Is the hard top on the Jazz Pontiac Solstice a movie prop or a real option?

No, not a production option. Too bad, cause I think it looks a lot better.

No, what Jizz was was a complete atrocity. I did like hearing an older black lady with her kids say "Oh he's definitely a brotha."

I haven't seen the Transformers movie, but what did you guys think of the 1-18-08 trailer that was shown?

Any speculation on what the 'monster' in the movie is?

That's what seems to be the majority of this thread. My guess is that it's a Call of Cthulu movie.

Ah, I should have checked it.

I agree, I think it's the Call of Cthulu as well.

The ending of the trailer is pretty gnarly with the head of the Statue of Liberty screeching to a halt.

I just can't see JJ Abrams trying to do a Godzilla movie after the last one that came out. If it's not Call of Cthulu then I hope it's a movie version of Rampage.

It's not definately not a Godzilla movie, Paramount (Company behind 1-18-08) doesn't own the rights to the character here in the US. Sony does, also I read something where Toho doesn't want another Godzilla made for something like 10 years.

I wonder if Abrams will spill some beans at Comic Con, at least give the public some more stuff to gossip about over even reveal another website cause if you look at this quotes and stuff he says that the ONLY site that people have found is the official one. So does that mean their are more? I personally think so.

Not to drift into other things but I read online that Zack Snyder is supposed to announce some of the cast for Watchmen at Comic Con. I can't wait for that either

The Godzilla from Godzilla: Final Wars is the last Godzilla film as of 2004; Toho has decided to retire the franchise for a period of 5-10 years to renew interest in the future, possibly returning with a new film in 2013 or 2014 as Godzilla's 59th or 60th Anniversary

That was from Wikipedia's article on Godzilla