Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Transformers

I saw it monday night at midnight. I thought it was very entertaining. I thought the movie wouldn't make much sense to me since I never really followed transformers when I was a kid, but the storyline was easy to follow. At times during the movie I was on the edge of my seat grinning from ear to ear because of all the excitement. Tons of action and the movie was pretty funny. I will probably end up seeing the movie a second time because me and my friends liked it so much.

Just saw it. Very entertaining.

Speaking of sequel.. I heard at the end of the credits they showed Megatron and one of his eyes glowed red.. Can anyone confirm this?

Nope...all I saw was is what is quoted on IMDB:

"During the credits there are two scenes where the Witwicky parents are being interviewed on TV about "aliens". They voice their opinion that "the government would not hide things from the people." Following that, there is a brief scene of Starscream leaving Earth's atmosphere and heading for space. There is nothing after the end of the credits."

this was one of the most entertaining movies i have seen in a long time! this took me back to my childhood. felt good to feel like a kid again!

I really liked it. I could have done without the shaky camera effect that they did. I know they wanted you to feel in the action, but it was hard to tell what was going on at times..

Good movie but got sick of the Michael Bay themes throughout the movie.. it got old real quick (especially near the end with the truck flying over some busty woman).. lol

Weak that Jazz simply got torn apart (was that by Starscream ?)..

hockey39

Good movie but got sick of the Michael Bay themes throughout the movie.. it got old real quick (especially near the end with the truck flying over some busty woman).. lol

hockey39

i'm thinkin that was megatron... <_<

Totally reeked of Michael Bay-ness. It was embarassing at some points, the human acting was horrible. It catered to the lowest common denominator (you know, the stupid people), which was especially apparent when John Voight says, "Raise it (the alert level) to Defcon Delta!!!!!" Come on :rolleyes:

On the other hand, it didn't intend to be a smart movie. It's not one of the movies that challenges you to think, like Memento, The Prestige, or The Usual Suspects. It, however, tries to be an extremely flashy movie, and it pulls it off well. The CGI is outstanding, and the Autobots and Decepticons all look nothing short of awesome. The action is non-stop, especially in the final scene -- a forty minute long (or equivalent) showcase of

outstanding visuals. It definitely is a 'popcorn movie'. The lack of any story whatsoever (or the feeble attempt that they actually used) hurts it tremendously though. The whole connection with Sam's great-grandfather and Megatron (and the symbols on his glasses) is laughable at best.

I'd give it a 6/10, as it's not my type of movie, and I'm no transformers fanboy.

hockey39

i'm thinkin that was megatron... <_<

Best part about Jazz getting ripped in half is the ppl out there saying we oughta boycott the movie cause it's racist due to Jazz being ripped apart, the Indian operator, etc. :lol:

Totally reeked of Michael Bay-ness. It was embarassing at some points, the human acting was horrible. It catered to the lowest common denominator (you know, the stupid people), which was especially apparent when John Voight says, "Raise it (the alert level) to Defcon Delta!!!!!" Come on :rolleyes:

Then I guess Im an idiot since I enjoyed it? :rolleyes:

Then I guess Im an idiot since I enjoyed it? :rolleyes:

Me too.

I just got back from seeing it with my wife and kids. We all loved it. Great movie, great special effects, and non-stop action. It is not a "thinker", but what the heck. Who needs to think at a movie anyway. LIfe is serious enough as it is.

I liked it a lot. But, it was funny seeing the guys with dates asking their girls if they liked it, and the girls' responses ("Did you think she was hot?", ".......yeah......").

Then I guess Im an idiot since I enjoyed it? :blink:

You didn't read the second part, did you? I enjoyed it to a certain extent, especially during the action sequences, but it can be a very hit-or-miss movie. You could practically hear the collective groans from the audience when they stopped the action sequences and returned to the human storyline. If they cut out all of the human interaction and just went with the Autobots vs. the Decepticons, then it would've been great. One could show up with 40 minutes left in the movie and not miss a beat... And you've got to commend the film makers for putting out possibly the best CGI I've ever seen. Simply outstanding.

Like I said though, I didn't grow up with Transformers, so I don't have the same nostalgia that a lot of guys have.

I liked it a lot. But, it was funny seeing the guys with dates asking their girls if they liked it, and the girls' responses ("Did you think she was hot?"

MeganFox.jpg

(".......yeah......").

For those who haven't seen it yet...I've enhanced your post with picture goodness.

I liked it a lot. But, it was funny seeing the guys with dates asking their girls if they liked it, and the girls' responses ("Did you think she was hot?"

MeganFox.jpg

(".......yeah......").

For those who haven't seen it yet...I've enhanced your post with picture goodness.

Wasnt even the best shot ;)

MeganFox.jpg

(".......yeah......").

Wasnt even the best shot ;)

...it was the best one I could find quickly.

1-18-08.com

offical webiste

I love this "secrecy" the movie has. Gives it even more of a chilling effect.

The movie is based off of Video shot by different citizens during the attack. Sounds really cool. Sounds Blair Witch esque.

1-18-08.com

offical webiste

I love this "secrecy" the movie has. Gives it even more of a chilling effect.

The movie is based off of Video shot by different citizens during the attack. Sounds really cool. Sounds Blair Witch esque.

That trailer looks awesome.

Spent most of the day yesterday working out the puzzles on the Ethan Haas site. Going to have to wait until August 1 for more info. (hopefully about the movie)