Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Transformers

I kinda thought the first half of the movie was like a comedy. I laughed at alot of the first half. (when hes getting a car)

But I liked the action parts too.

My favorite part though was at the end into the credits. When the mom and dad come into an interview about the governemnt. Talking about how if earth had aliens that the public would know because its America, America is free, so the government would tell us.

I got a good laugh at that. But at the same time it really taunts any alien-believers that the government would not tell us anything.

It wasnt a bad action flick... but why must Shia LaBeouf play the same role in EVER SINGLE MOVIE?

I didn't notice any golf being played in this movie. Or was Bumblebee his caddy?

It wasnt a bad action flick... but why must Shia LaBeouf play the same role in EVER SINGLE MOVIE?

I didn't notice any golf being played in this movie. Or was Bumblebee his caddy?

I guess your theater got a different cut than mine...

I personally think it's a cheezy good movie. I've seen plenty of GOOD real movie, this one was just made to be cheesy with funny stunts here and there. One of my friends was laughing the whole movie.

I saw it today... being a huge Transformers fan (Yes, I own the dvd's, a handful of my favorite G1 collectibles, and the recent Pat Lee comics), I had to wait a bit to "prepare" myself for the Michael Bay-ness. I went into the theater today thinking A.) I was going to LOVE it, or B.) Absolutely HATE it... no happy medium here.

For me, the answer is A.).. I loved it. There were some things that reeked of Michael Bay, but I quickly got over it. I loved the few homages to the original cartoon/movie... the detail, and look of the film itself was brilliant. I didn't even mind the comic relief of Anthony Andersen, etc. I wasn't expecting a total clone of the original storyline, so I was pleased. At first I was a little "ehh", but then I heard Prime speak, and the inner-nerd in me sighed, and said "All is well". For me, seeing today was like a "passing of a torch" from the inner child in me, to a big adult geek... haha

Bumblebee was always a fav too, so it was nice to see him as the "unsung hero" so to speak.. anyways, it gets the seal of approval from a huge Transformers fan.

I didn't see it...but the new Camaro is sickkkk.

I saw it at the '06 NYC Auto Show, and I'm gunna get it when I get a steady job, or my dad said he'd get it for me as my 2nd car if i get a Div.I scholarship. :-)

But my first car is gunna b a used '01 or newer Camaro...if the insurance doesn't kill me.

Is the Camaro going into production?? Last I checked, it was still a concept car... I think she's a beaut, although I'm not a Chevy guy myself..

I saw it the other night and really enjoyed it. I had a quick question, or I guess partial observation, about the helicopters though. In the final battle, as the helicopters fly by, did anyone else notice a Canadian flag on the back of the Helicopter? I am not 100% sure, but I thought I saw it a few times. Anyone else pick up on it, or was i seeing things?

I actually thought I spotted it too, and just assumed they filmed in Canada...but according to Wikipedia, they had huge assistance from the US military...

I actually thought I spotted it too, and just assumed they filmed in Canada...but according to Wikipedia, they had huge assistance from the US military...

Cripes...if the Canadian Military was filming Transfomers...who was guarding Saskatoon? :P

Is the Camaro going into production?? Last I checked, it was still a concept car... I think she's a beaut, although I'm not a Chevy guy myself..

yeah...i believe they pushed the date from '09 to '10

I also believe its going to look exactly like the concept too :-)

the http://www.1-18-08.com/ site does nothing for me. its just 3 pics. is there actualy a site that iam not getting?

The website being so vague is part of the mystique of the movie. Those 3 pictures kinda set the story up, the 1st is the guy partying, then the 2 chicks looking at something that scares then and then the 3rd is the aftermath. It's weird that 3rd picture reminds me so much of all of the images I saw here in NYC after 9-11.

I don't want to see a damn movie about Cthulhu and that's what this is going to end up being, I bet.

As for TF, where the hell did Barricade (Saleen Mustang cop car) go at the end? They show him like he's going to be there to fight and never shows up? That was pretty gay.

I don't want to see a damn movie about Cthulhu and that's what this is going to end up being, I bet.

As for TF, where the hell did Barricade (Saleen Mustang cop car) go at the end? They show him like he's going to be there to fight and never shows up? That was pretty gay.

I hadn't noticed that, but a guy at worked pointed it out.

He also said that there is one scene where the fighter jets are shooting at either Devastator or Megatron (can't remember which), and there is one more fighter than US fighters in the previous scene. He thinks it might be a Starscream mutiny set up for the sequel.

I went to a late show...so that final fight was happening between 12:30 and 1:00am...so I may have missed a few things.

the http://www.1-18-08.com/ site does nothing for me. its just 3 pics. is there actualy a site that iam not getting?

...It's weird that 3rd picture reminds me so much of all of the images I saw here in NYC after 9-11.

Yeah...that is eerily similar to 9/11 isn't it.

I heard someone talking about that scene, wondering if Starscream was one of the Raptors shooting at Megatron as well. I didn't notice it myself and if I drag myself to this again I'll keep an eye out for it.

In the sequel I'd really like there to be a bare minimum of human involvement in terms of the acting.

Yeah, I agree.^^^

Robots talking and fighting = Good.

Everyone else talking and fighting = Not so good.

Ive seen it twice thus far, and feel mostly the same about the movie.

I had my hopes up in the beginning, when Blackout wrecked the base. I was hoping it was gonna be a little dark, with lots of death and destruction. And after seeing it a second time, I also realize how much i wish that they would have developed the Decepticons' characterization a lot better than they did. But either way, I still loved it.

Exactly. The little "oh noes, Jazz is dead!" scene made me think that they didn't spend a second on any Decepticon other than a quick wikipedia-ish description of Megatron.