Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Transformers

Yes, another "What did you think of..." thread.

But...for the Summer Blockbusters, it's cool to see what everyone thinks of them.

So...saw it last night. It's long (like, 2h15m)...but overall pretty good. The Robots looks awesome. Using the Original "Prime" was a good idea (Canadian Peter Cullen, BTW). Intstant recognition for those of us who grew up watching it.

The fight sequences are pretty well dne, but like I've found in Spiderman...they happen so fast, sometimes it's hard to decifer what's actually happening. The weapons they gave the Autobots/Decepticons are pretty cool. The SFX were neat....een the old school ratchety sound for some of them when they transformed.

Prime does get a little preachy about the "rights of all sentient beings..." but, if I recall the carttons were kinds a like that too.

Some good comedy in it as well...There is only 1 Presidential shot in the movie. An overly Texas drawl-ly (is that a word) un-named President asks a stewardess on AF1 for some ding-dongs...I guess we knoew what Bay/Speilberg think of Bush...(if we didn't already).

John Tuturo is good as a Secter 7 agent.

I don't recall a really hot chick in the cartoons...but hey, if they felt she was a necessary addition...who am I to complain.

The crowd at the theatre was almost all late 20-early 30's guys. A few GF's along for the ride (I couldn't convince mine to go...so I took it in solo). I guess they nailed the target audience. A few even applauded at the end...something you don't see very often.

I'm not big on the "4 and a half reels out of 5" kind of ratings...but if you want to relive some of your youth...or so some of you younger guys, your Dads *L*...check it out. Like I said...it's long. In the grand tradition of Michael Bay...lots of big explosions. Worth seeing on the big screen.

I liked it. Worth the $6.50.

They didn't ruin it like Ghost Rider, Fantastic 4, etc etc.

The girlfriend liked it as well, she said it wasn't overly targeted at guys.

Kind of a buzzkill when fanboys behind me started getting pissy when Megatron wasn't the tank, oh well.

Ive seen it twice (because my brother didnt want to go alone the second time), I thought it was probably the best thing Ive seen all summer. The fight scenes were cool, but sometimes it was tough to see what was going on.

Overall the thing that suprised me most was the acting in the movie was pretty good, despite a few cheesy lines/moments.

Id give it 4 out of 5, or a B or B+

Zach

I liked it. Worth the $6.50.

They didn't ruin it like Ghost Rider, Fantastic 4, etc etc.

The girlfriend liked it as well, she said it wasn't overly targeted at guys.

Kind of a buzzkill when fanboys behind me started getting pissy when Megatron wasn't the tank, oh well.

Megatron was a big gun in the original cartoon.. the future rapings of the series made him into a tank. :angry:

It wasnt a bad action flick... but why must Shia LaBeouf play the same role in EVER SINGLE MOVIE?

Great Movie! Coming from a transformers fanatic, I loved it. Im going to go see it again, because I had soe trouble focusing on the movie with Megan Fox in all of her Hotness. Also wit the Skimpy Clothes :)

Cant Complain

Great movie, loved every bit of it. I would definetely pay to see it again. Actually after the movie was finished in the theater I was at, everyone gave it a standing ovation. Pretty cool to see, I've only been to one other movie where that has happened (Star Wars ep III). Personally I didn't mind Shia, I think he did a good job. As well as most of the other actors.

I heard Hasbro pushed for Megatron to be a large gun in the movie, but everybody else felt it wasn't PC.

Overall, really enjoyed and it and am looking forward to seeing again very soon.

Personally I didn't mind Shia, I think he did a good job. As well as most of the other actors.

Its not that he was necessarily bad in the movie, its just that he plays that exact role in every movie.

Effects were incredible, action scenes were great. Loved the slight humorous parts in it as well. Didnt even mind the GMC advertisement. Did mind that all of the cars getting f-ed up were bimmers.

Effects were incredible, action scenes were great. Loved the slight humorous parts in it as well. Didnt even mind the GMC advertisement. Did mind that all of the cars getting f-ed up were bimmers.

I think Pontiac/GMC did a great job getting themselves into the movie. I loved when Bumblebee goes fom the old Camaro to the new Camaro. Heard a few "whoas" in the audience.

I would've liked to see more interaction between the Decpticons though. They were all just kinda there. No real character.

I think Megatron & Star Scream only speak to each other once.

I saw it on Monday and I loved it; one of my favorite parts was when Megatron tells Starscream that he failed him again. Everyone in the theatre was cracking up when he said that.

I loved it. A little too much romance, and i thought some pieces of the original storyline were tampered with a bit, but otherwise it was awesome. SO glad when I heard it was Optimus' original voice. Totally awesome.

Excited to her news on the sequel.

pretty much the best movie ever...only thing is that bumblebee should have been a VW bug like in the original....

$$

If they did they would probably use the queer-o new beetle rather than the classic.

pretty much the best movie ever...only thing is that bumblebee should have been a VW bug like in the original....

$$

Apparently VW didn't wanna be associated with violence...same with why Megatron wasn't a gun.

Yeah, there's gonna be a sequel read that Shia and Megan Fox already signed.

That blond analyst chick was pretty hot too btw :)

But overall, I'd agree with what's been said, slightly cheesey but very entertaining. Probably the most entertained I've been in a long while at a movie. Definitely a DVD buy which for me is saying something cause my DVD collection is like a grand total of 10 movies. I only buy the real good ones :D

Who said there was going to be a sequel?

It's obvious that they will make one especially since how much money it has brought in already this week. They also laid the groundwork in the movie by having Bumblebee stay with Sam and also during the credits when they showed Starscream fly off into space (prob going to bring back some more bad guys)

Who said there was going to be a sequel?

It's obvious that they will make one especially since how much money it has brought in already this week. They also laid the groundwork in the movie by having Bumblebee stay with Sam and also during the credits when they showed Starscream fly off into space (prob going to bring back some more bad guys)

Prime's message to any other Autobots to come to Earth was a bit of a tip off as well.

Just saw it. Very entertaining.

Speaking of sequel.. I heard at the end of the credits they showed Megatron and one of his eyes glowed red.. Can anyone confirm this?