Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Transformers

I just watched this tonight...I'm pretty disappointed with how this movie turned out. Typical Michael Bay movie, he wants to pay more attention to making things look cool than tell a good story.

i found it pretty funny that one of the first, if not first autobot/transformer to die in the movie had to be black(assumed lol), continuing on with the "horror-movie" like traditions, even the brother robots cant catch a break in a movie

For those interested in the Abrams movies; a new picture has been added to 1-18-08.com. This one has what looks like a National Guardsman directing people who are running.

I showed the preview to some friends the other night who hadn't seen it before and they all were like holy crap when the Statue of Liberty's head came flying down. Hopefully some news will come out of Comic Con this week about it

Comic Con is a giant media event, LOST isn't based on a comic and yet the creators show up to Comic Con.

Did you ever see the Entourage Episode when they go to Comic Con and Drama has a table for his TV Show? In the world of Entourage his show wasn't based off a Comic and he went.

Like I said it's just one big media event for Comics, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. If you have something you want to been seen or heard in those genre's thats where you go.

I just watched this tonight...I'm pretty disappointed with how this movie turned out. Typical Michael Bay movie, he wants to pay more attention to making things look cool than tell a good story.

Most Americans would rather see stuff blow up than pay attention to a story.

Well apparently the mystery movie is called "Monstrous" according to a poster that's been spotted. It has a headless Statue of Liberty with 1-18-08 at the bottom and a WHOIS of some monstrousmovie address makes it all the more legit-sounding. With this crappy title no wonder they went marketing Blair Witch-style.

I heard that the poster going around is fake and it has been seen with the name Monstrous and also the name Apocalypse as well. Same design for both and everything, just different titles. Wouldn't movies get the posters before your average every day store?

Here is a youtube clip about the poster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsd_t09wd4

It being fake or misleading was my first assumption, but the WHOIS info of the website makes it more legit.

I heard that the poster going around is fake and it has been seen with the name Monstrous and also the name Apocalypse as well. Same design for both and everything, just different titles. Wouldn't movies get the posters before your average every day store?

Here is a youtube clip about the poster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsd_t09wd4

I cant read fast

enough for that video.

It being fake or misleading was my first assumption, but the WHOIS info of the website makes it more legit.

I'm not doubting that info at all, I just think the poster is a bunch of bs.

Personally I think what is going to make or break the movie is who or what is the monster. When they filmed down in Coney Island at one of the amusement parks, the owners was interviewed later and claims that it's about an Alien who destroys New York. If that's the case it might flop since that has been done 1000 time over, but yet it might also do well considering it's being made by the people who do LOST and it's got a big buzz going so far. But what do I know, I'm someone who actually enjoyed the Matthew Broderick Godzilla up until the moment he had like 10000 kids and that just ruined things for me. That movie also attracted a big buzz since it was done by the guys who did Independence Day a few years earlier.

Some 1-18-8 News from Comic Con

1-18-08

(January 18th 2008)

After the trailer screened, J.J. Abrams quickly popped up to give a rushed brief about the film. Abrams says the aim is to do a very intense, genuine "American monster movie" - to give the US a big building destroying monster in the way the Japanese have Godzilla. Shooting is almost complete, and in the next six months we'll see a full trailer, more posters and more footage released. The real title has yet to be revealed though - "Monstrous" is NOT the real title despite Net reports, neither is the "1-18-08" date. A large version of the poster was briefly on display behind the podium.

seeing Transformers made me realize how much i love Battletech and Mechwarrior stuff. i'd love to see a movie based off that.

Found this on a Rotten Tomatoes Forum. Sounds interesting. Could be based on Cuthulu

Just a summary (some of this has been posted before)

There are three main "characters" in this 1-18-08 lore now:

Van Mantra:

The man seen in the video messages and who supposedly made ethanhaaswasright.com. The messages are warnings about a catastrophe that was predicted by the prophet Ethan Haas, which is apparently coming to fruition.

Van Mantra is the name the site is registered to and is also referred to on the anti-Ethan site, which is trying to squash his warnings.

The automated email you recieve from Van Mantra while playing the game:

If you're receiving this auto-response message it means that I've gone into hiding. You should be careful now, too. They're likely to start coming after all of us in an attempt to keep the balance of power in their favor. But remember, as our numbers increase as a group, the weaker they'll become.

Someone sent an email to van@ethanhaaswasright.com to ask about the "Great Source" who was bashing Ethan on ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com. The response said:

"It's not a person, it's a group, a very ancient sect. These are dangerous "people", be

careful trying to dig too deep.... I've never seen them myself, I'm not sure anyone has, for a very long time....."

Ethan Haas (who is the prophet Van Mantra talks about)

Here are some of his "prophesies"...

The great war of the gods will come upon the earth; the fires and terror of their rule will return for a time, but the children of the gods may be thus prepared, themselves aware and powerful…they may stand along side the gods not as equals, but as allies, feared and ready. (ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com)

...war came, no longer from the elemental nor from the star's rain of fire. The world was again remade, and the glow was as the coming of the sun upon the Earth. The children of the gods were again too few, scattered and divided and among them walked the ancients and those whose thoughts were not as to the towers and the marvels, but to the End and the destruction of the Earth and to the fires from which nothing could escape. (ethanhaaswasright.com source code)

"The great cycle, the beginning and the end, turns just as the plans of the gods turn once again to the world of men. And they will come upon the earth only after the skies rain down fire and the very earth itself is made to shake and the great cities of men fall into ruins. Their plans are set and their purpose is clear; they come for war." (ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com)

The anti-Ethan entity (or The Mezin Source)

They call themselves the Mezin Source which means Great Source.

There is the obvious, which is entered as a blog at ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com, and then there is this which is in a code on the site:

"Are they attempting to scare us into believing?

Ethan Haas would try to strike fear into the hearts of men. Do not be taken by the ramblings of a mad man. Brothers and sisters we are all safe:"

Possible Cthulu Connections

from wikipedia.com: Cthulhu is described by some of these cultists as the "great priest" of "the Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men, and who came to the young world out of the sky

This goes along with the Great Source entity. Maybe the Cthulu themselves are trying to cover up Ethan's warnings.

Someone who named himself after a H.P Lovecraft character posted this as a response to the Great Source: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. This was used in Lovecraft's novels and means: "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

More about the Cthulhu creature: In the past, R’lyeh (the city of the Cthulhu) sank into the sea, but the day will soon come when it rises to the surface permanently and the great Cthulhu strides across a world thrown into chaos and anarchy from his telepathic sendings"

This seems like it correlates with the movie trailer, where we see something explode from beneath the earth. Also something could have come from the sea because we see the Statue of Liberty's head roll.

Also, from Lovecraft lore:The Cthulhu reside in stone houses in Their great city of R'lyeh, preserved by the spells for a glorious resurrection when the stars and the earth might once more be ready for them."

Perhaps 1-18-08 is when the stars are prophesied to allign... Also the stars play a big role in the puzzles on the Ethan Haas site.

Speaking of the movies's release date, there is also a site called 1-18-08.com that shows a pic of two girls looking up fearfully at something and the timestamp on the photo reads 1/18/08 12:36 am.

One more update. Someone else who emailed the Mezin Source asking about Van's site got this response:

"His website is only foolish puzzles and parlor tricks, we are the truth. His “gods” are our brothers, they will soon be here"

Which corresponds with this:

The star-spawn of Cthulhu, or Cthulhi, have a physical simility with Cthulhu himself, but are of far smaller size. This race arrived with him, but relatively little is known about them. On earth they built the city R'lyeh, which later sank in the ocean, and where they still dwell with Cthulhu. A few are rumored to have escaped this incident, and can be found in hidden places on earth.

I was expecting it to be a bit longer, maybe some improved graphics too.

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands. I don't know how much affect the guy put on his voice, but that was a decent Prime at least.

Found this on a Rotten Tomatoes Forum. Sounds interesting. Could be based on Cuthulu

Just a summary (some of this has been posted before)

There are three main "characters" in this 1-18-08 lore now:

Well according to Abrams, the Ethan Haas sites have nothing to do with his movie. So that stuff is pretty much moot.

After the Comic Con info I'm starting to think that it's a whole new monster something we've never seen or heard of before. Like when he said we (America) need our own city destroying monster.

Any new info from Comic con?

If you go on the site, they have a new pic. if you drag them around the screen enough, the pictures turn over and there are messages on the other side.