Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

300/500/756

Well, he kinda looked around for a second, stood-up - his hands at his sides (I don't think they ever left his pockets) - looked around and literally yawned.

...essentially, he bitch-slapped Bonds via body language.

Well, he kinda looked around for a second, stood-up - his hands at his sides (I don't think they ever left his pockets) - looked around and literally yawned.

Selig was pretty much in a position to make himself good and Bonds worse, I think he's the only person who could have possibly fucked that up.

Oh well, Bonds will be remembered in 25 years, Selig will be a spec in baseball history.

Oh well, Bonds will be remembered in 25 years, Selig will be a spec in baseball history.

Not really. He'll be remembered as "the guy who let the league fuck itself up"

Selig was pretty much in a position to make himself good and Bonds worse, I think he's the only person who could have possibly fucked that up.

The quotes from Selig in the official press release pretty much bitch slapped B*nds too.

I am loving this "Bonds Raping History" coverage because of how it shows old clips and highlights. Wow, he still looked normal back in '99. What happened? Puberty v2.0?

I enjoy ESPN 'cause they talk so much shit on Bonds, then run ten minutes of highlights after he hit 755.

Then they had some backup catcher who played half the 97 and part of 98 with him. He said he has no doubts Bonds was on something. They asked if he ever saw him take something. His response was no, but just look at hime.

t1_bonds2.jpg

^^^

Barry Bonds in 1998

I am loving this "Bonds Raping History" coverage because of how it shows old clips and highlights. Wow, he still looked normal back in '99. What happened? Puberty v2.0?

Links are broken, for some reason.

BONDS...HUUGE DINGER

Great way to break the record, full count, tie ball game...see ya

Wow...video congratulations from Hammerin' Hank, classy move.

How f'n hard would Bobby Hull have shot the biscuit on the juice? Yeah, we'll never know.

we probably have more great goalies because of that :lol:

otherwise, they'd all be friggen dead

I'm happy Hank Aaron wasn't there. Bitter hypocrite doesn't need more attention. One-tool player.

I'm happy Hank Aaron wasn't there. Bitter hypocrite doesn't need more attention. One-tool player.

idunno about that. barry bonds is pretty much a tool bag.

idunno about that. barry bonds is pretty much a tool bag.

Second or third best player ever though. I'm happy he doesn't need to be associated with Hank Aaron anymore.

Most of america feels the record's Ruth's anyway.

755 homers

2297 ribbies

3777 hits

240 steals

.305 average

.374 OBP

25-time All-Star, although four years had two games

3-time Gold Glover

Perhaps not by choice, but influential in the Civil Rights movement.

Never really was more than a one-tool player though. Power hitter, .305 career average I don't think really counts as hitting for average. Never had notable speed, never played great defense.

This is the craziest part, to me, of Aaron/Bonds

Barry: 9,774ab

Aaron: 12,364ab

Just as I imagine Bonds would have been far more dominant in Ruth's era, than Ruth in Bonds's, I suspect Aaron would have been a much better hitter than Ruth in the same era.

Never really was more than a one-tool player though. Power hitter, .305 career average I don't think really counts as hitting for average. Never had notable speed, never played great defense.

Averaged nearly 20 steals a year (with a high of 31), and it's obvious his last few years dragged his average and his steals down slightly.

Just as I imagine Bonds would have been far more dominant in Ruth's era, than Ruth in Bonds's, I suspect Aaron would have been a much better hitter than Ruth in the same era.

They were comparing the 3 the other night...I can't recall it exactly, but they compared the number of career AB's...as well as the length of season each played and the rate (AB per HR) of their Homers. If all things were equal...and I don't know what era they settled on. Ruth would still have the record (by a long shot).

They were comparing the 3 the other night...I can't recall it exactly, but they compared the number of career AB's...as well as the length of season each played and the rate (AB per HR) of their Homers. If all things were equal...and I don't know what era they settled on. Ruth would still have the record (by a long shot).

I don't care what the sabermatricians say. I go by my eyes -- and videos of Ruth! :P -- and know that the players of today are INFINITELY better than the players of yesteryear.