Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hiub

Choosing a Nylon Glove

Hey guys, I am finally ready to buy some nylon gloves, but I need to know what you guys think. I have a chance to buy:

Mission M-1's in full nylon 14'

ed_1.JPG

TPS HGT's Cable Knit/Cordura 14'

hgt_gloves_langkowcan.jpg

Bauer Supreme 5000's Nylon/Cordura 15'

0f_1.JPG

Easton Air's full nylon 14'

f9_1.JPG

Lets hear it! Which gloves would you guys prefer? I am biased towards the Missions as I've had a pair of M-2's and I loved them. The Bauer 5000's are also great gloves that I know from experience. I've read great things about the HGT's, but never really tried one on. Easton's line of gloves always seem way too small, so that is keeping me away from them. What should I do?

Thanks in advance, Fred.

Geez... print up the pictures, put them on a dartboard and throw a dart with your eyes closed. Go with whichever one you hit... Seriously, you can't lose with any of those gloves.

If you already like the mission fit, go with those. It really depends on what you're after.

protection: 5000s

light: HGT/Easton

mobility: M-1/5000

All of them do everything pretty well... the only gripe I have with any of those (and yes I've used them all) is that the HGTs are kind of hard to "open" your hand with...

Well I definetly like a soft palm feel, and if you say the HGT's are hard to open up then I'm staying away from them. I have Vapor XV gloves right now which I love, so the Bauers are looking nice. I love those Missions too! Any comments on the size of the Airs?

Thanks again guys, Fred.

The HGT's in that pic should not be difficult to open up. I have two pair just like that and they're terrific. The ones that seem difficult to open up have an extra pad between the fingers and the backroll. Those M-1's are nice too though and they're 100% nylon which is cool since the nylon will wear a little better then pleather.

hey jay, just out of curiosity and maybe stupidity, but do you think it'd be possible to cut that little piece of padding out of the hgts without ruining the glove

Now let me ask you, the HGT's look a bit small. How are they in terms of size compared to the M-1's or something to get an idea?

Now let me ask you, the HGT's look a bit small. How are they in terms of size compared to the M-1's or something to get an idea?

They're more slim than the M-1, and Jay is right I didn't notice that it didn't have the extra "knuckle roll" of the retails.

Well the TPS's would be the cheapest, followed by the Missions. It has come to the Missions and the Bauers I think. Which one would have a tighter fit around the hand, somewhat like the Vapor gloves? So hard to decide!!!

Thanks for all the help once again guys, greatly appreciated!

I've used all but the Easton and I thought the TPS had the tightest fit, followed by the Missions.

How is the mobility of a glove with a cuff like this?

hgt_gloves_cal.jpg

These also look mighty nice too...

hgt_gloves_forolov.jpg

Add those 2 to the list... :P

I think I am sold on those black HGT's, man those look sweet as hell! If they are tight fitting like you said, they should be some good gloves! Any more opinions?

They aren't as tight as Nikes but they are te tightest of teh ones you listed in my opinion.

I think that should be tight enough, the nikes were a bit too claustrophobic for me, but damn the vapors fit nice :)

Those Frolov gloves look killer. They've got HG1 fingers though... The HGT's are definitely a pretty tight fit. M1's really aren't much looser though.

I just called them and asked about the black hgt's, and they are 14.5 with a 1 inch cuff. Are these gonna be just huge or what? I dont want them to completely hinder my wrists, so I am a little wary about them now. What do you guys think, I'm a pretty big guy, 6'' 180, and my 14' vapors are a tiny bit too small for my taste.

Thanks once again, Fred.

Those Frolov gloves look killer. They've got HG1 fingers though... The HGT's are definitely a pretty tight fit. M1's really aren't much looser though.

Those are the ones I'm gonna get. I'm getting rid of the big cuff and putting tapered fingers on it. The color scheme is what I want, but I'm going to do an all-black glove with silver and blue accents.

With those 1 pc fingers? I tried a pair of nylon eagles with those fingers and they felt very stiff. Break in time I guess? JR About how much would that run, because I'm thinking instead of buying the gloves off eGay I can just go to the shop and order them myself.

Thanks, Fred.

I was going to say go with eagle x80s in all nylon, but since you like a tight fit, I would go with eagle slimfits. CP94s are also pretty tight. All great gloves. That just if you want another option

Off that list I'd go with HGTs because they're going to be cheaper than the Eastons.

In general I'm still in a honeymoon phase with my HG1/HGT hybrids.

I have a navy blue version of the above glove. The long cuff doesn't restrict any wrist movement at all.

I also jumped on the "custom" HGT bandwagon. Short cuff, cable knit with just a little portofino, and digitech palms. Awesome gloves.