Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sabre09923

Mission Fuel Ti-Pro

I have been using a Fuel Pro shaft. Brett Rahkshani model (US National team) 85 flex. It has to be one of the best shafts I have ever used.

If the new Fuel TIs are an improvement on last years Fuels sticks they will have a winner. + a 60 day warrenty.

BTW .....we are selling a ton of Mission sticks this year. If you have Pro shop staff that knows wtf they are doing it is not a hard sell.

You're in California, people in more traditional markets won't touch mission sticks.

We have oodles of V-Hex's and Fuels that just sit on the shelf. Whether or not they are a good stick is another question, but I have to agree with Chadd on this one. Very few people in my area (Vancouver) buy mission sticks. I only have one experience with mission sticks and that is with the Hex-1. It was pretty good for the most part. Good feel and it shot quite well, but the blade chipped really easily. One thing that I noticed though was that despite the chipping, the blade remained extremely stiff. Must have had something to do with the honeycomb reinforcement.

You got to start somewhere. California was the logical 1st step since there is an established roller community.

The more new ideas regarding sticks & skates, the better for the entire ice community.

You got to start somewhere. California was the logical 1st step since there is an established roller community.

The more new ideas regarding sticks & skates, the better for the entire ice community.

Given the poor experiences most people around here had with earlier sticks, it's very hard to convince them to give Mission sticks another chance. Especially at a $200 or more price point.

If mission had better stick advertising, they would be a great stick manufacturer.

Advertising and Manufacturing are 2 completely different things. Being good at one does not make you good at the other. However, it is also possible to be bad a both. :rolleyes:

I really don't get why they fooled with the purefly/s500 boot. The fuel boots I have seen looked like crap comparatively. It was perfect for what it was and only could get better as materials improve over time.

I really don't get why they fooled with the purefly/s500 boot. The fuel boots I have seen looked like crap comparatively. It was perfect for what it was and only could get better as materials improve over time.

New designer, new boot and I'll leave it at that.

Maybe a Mission version of the TPS stick thread?

NOBODY is using Mission around here, which is funny because Mission is tied in pretty big with the Wild and was probably heavily promoted for a while.

I'd say if they want to REALLY win the stick business, they have to start with a shaft. So many of the beer leaguers use the shaft-blade combo or price point sticks, and all the price point sticks look like they were designed by a 10 year old with the flames and crap. Nobody's stocking Mission because it doesn't sell, so I can't even check out the few shafts that they have.

Now if this Ti is a great shaft and they sell it for under $100 and it doesn't look atrocious, it's a step in the right direction. But if it's a $200 OPS, I don't know of anyone who will bite. Hell, look at Christian...they're trying to gain footing in the market by marketing one (by all accounts) good product under average prices.

I thought the marketing of the new skates was a great move, but I've not worn any so I can't speak to that. Too bad if they're a downgrade.

Yeah, I saw one of those Torch OPS today and it seemed damn good for the asking price. It was balanced well and the blade was stiff as hell.

I would buy mission sticks any day. Currently using the L-2 combo and can't be happier. Do the fuels really have bad durability?

No one would know, since nobody uses them.

If any of you guys are concerned, the boyes is not an exact clone of the foresberg. Not only is the boyes a 5.5 lie, but the toe is also rockered and the blade in general is not as tall as the foresberg. Likewise, the curve is not quite as big. From a shooting standpoint, the boyes is a lot more sensitive than the foresberg, possibly because it is a smaller curve (miniscule) and therefore makes your follow through more important.

I brought in the two Toxic model OPS at price point. They sold quickly due to price point and graphics. I stayed away from Fuel OPS since the Pulse didn't sell last year. The high end Mission OPS has no loyal following. Guys would drop the $ on Stealths in a minute but have no interest in spending that $ on Pulse or Fuel.

I have used the Pulse Grip. It was the first OPS I ever snapped in half on the shaft when practicing slapshots. I had an 85 flex cut about 6" so it had to be stiff. I was pretty surprised to be at the blue line holding two pieces of Pulse. The stick was not used very much when this happened. I have used the Fuel Grip now a few games. I cut the 85 flex as usual and the first game it actually felt whippy in the shaft. The Fuel has felt better as I have used it more. Right now as I rotate OPS for each game so I go an entire game with either Fuel Grip, then next game to Easton Grip SE to Warrior MacDaddy Grip to Warrior Dolomite Grip to RBK 7k Sickick. I have to say the Easton feels the best and the MacDaddy is a very close second. Just PP on the OPS for me.

I love my L-2. I bought a bunch of them when everyone was discounting them to make room for the fuel line. I think it's a great shaft blade combo.

It's tough to break people out of their comfort zones and try new stuff. Definitely an uphill battle for Mission as far as sticks go. It's hard to argue with the quality, comfort, and features of the Intake helmet though.

Have had the new Fuel in my hand. Feels very well balanced and light about equal to the SE (under 430g's) in my humble opinion. The shaft is a mat finish with a soft almost velvet like grip on it (not sticky, not slick). The titanium sort of mesh sock? wrap? (my words) runs from the slash zone down into the blade to help in durability and strength with out adding a ton of weight. For you Drury curve fans out there like me, they are making a clone so I've been told. Oh ya 60 day warranty. Shaft is mor rounded unlike the old Fuel's.

The only thing keeping me away from Mission sticks is that the Hossa isn't identical to the Iginla. There is more bend at the toe and I just don't care for it.

The Fuel Ti-Pro (OPS) has titanium throughout the shaft and blade, and comes with a 60 day warranty.

This titanium reinforcement will be perfect for a cross-checking summbitch like me.

I would buy mission sticks any day. Currently using the L-2 combo and can't be happier. Do the fuels really have bad durability?

A kid I work with has a bunch and doesn't seem to be having any significant problems. After the breakage issues I've had with previous Mission twigs, I have no intention of finding-out for myself.

You guys are bagging on a product that probably most of you haven't used. Mission has great products and I would much rather use their product than anything from Easton. I've had terrible experiences with Easton sticks and skates and I suppose some of you have had terrible experiences with Mission products. It's just personal preference. I am using the Mission V-Hex right now and I love it, it has held up very well and the performance is great.

You guys are bagging on a product that probably most of you haven't used. Mission has great products and I would much rather use their product than anything from Easton. I've had terrible experiences with Easton sticks and skates and I suppose some of you have had terrible experiences with Mission products. It's just personal preference. I am using the Mission V-Hex right now and I love it, it has held up very well and the performance is great.

Why would i bag on it if i did not use it? I used it and it broke after 1 1/2 games very easily. I have also used the M-1 and Hex and had similar issues. My opinion is stay away from their OPS'.

All companies have had their issues...

Look at the current Bauer skates. I have seen tons of pairs where the sole has seperated from the boot within one season. I had an Easton stick where the blade split at the toe after 2 weeks.

My point is that Mission makes a better quality product now than a lot of people on here are saying. Mission I believe has improved more than any other company.

All companies have had their issues...

Look at the current Bauer skates. I have seen tons of pairs where the sole has seperated from the boot within one season. I had an Easton stick where the blade split at the toe after 2 weeks.

My point is that Mission makes a better quality product now than a lot of people on here are saying. Mission I believe has improved more than any other company.

Agreed that all companies have had their issues. However most improve their problems while Mission has not done so for their OPS'. Heck yours are lasting ... great! I break Missions like twigs so for me I will stay away.

I had an Easton stick where the blade split at the toe after 2 weeks.

So you broke one stick. Big deal. I would think it would be kind of hard to come to a personal conclusion regarding a stick's durability after only one stick over two weeks.

I broke four Missions (purchased 2, broke them, then broke the two replacements) inside a few weeks. The blades crack and split all the way along the bottom, and most people who have taken Mission sticks for a test-run have found the same.

stop hacking people

Stop making stupid posts.