Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoffer

New Tour skate

Looks like they have new composite sticks coming out also called the Q. Don't have specifics, but looks like there is a white one and a greenish one that matches the color on the Q skates.

Theyre nothing special. The vibration on them is horrendous. Ive also broken 3 in a month and a half. It normally takes me 3x as long to break anything else. Always on the blade..... The only reason Im using them right now is because I found em on sale for 60.00 and they get the job done.

Make the X1 flex stick INT. LENGTH!!!!!!! I buy an "int" flex so I can get the int. length. I hate cutting these down becuase they end up turning into 90ish flexes when Im done. Sorry for my rant, it sucks being 5'9

Theyre nothing special. The vibration on them is horrendous. Ive also broken 3 in a month and a half. It normally takes me 3x as long to break anything else. Always on the blade..... The only reason Im using them right now is because I found em on sale for 60.00 and they get the job done.

Make the X1 flex stick INT. LENGTH!!!!!!! I buy an "int" flex so I can get the int. length. I hate cutting these down becuase they end up turning into 90ish flexes when Im done. Sorry for my rant, it sucks being 5'9

Yeah, I'm 5'10 and still have that problem. I just settle for Easton shafts because they usually are the perfect length for me, just up to my adams apple, without having to cut.

There seems to be some confusion concerning the new "Q" stick. The individual that states he broke 3, must be talking about a different Tour stick. We have several different sticks in our line. The Q stick will be a new model for 2008, and won't be available before mid Dec. The only Q sticks available are being used by our test guys. The Q will be a high end graphite stick. We have increased the amount of graphite, and improved the blade design. The testers like the feel, and balance. Will be available in two curves, similar to Modano and Iginla. Will let you guys determine if the stick measures up once we make it available. I don't go on this site to do a sales job or compare our products to competitors.

There seems to be some confusion concerning the new "Q" stick. The individual that states he broke 3, must be talking about a different Tour stick. We have several different sticks in our line. The Q stick will be a new model for 2008, and won't be available before mid Dec. The only Q sticks available are being used by our test guys. The Q will be a high end graphite stick. We have increased the amount of graphite, and improved the blade design. The testers like the feel, and balance. Will be available in two curves, similar to Modano and Iginla. Will let you guys determine if the stick measures up once we make it available. I don't go on this site to do a sales job or compare our products to competitors.

What will the Q stick be compariable to with other sticks? I share my same concerns with Kovalchuk71. I had 2 Tour sticks, one being the Aviator, and the Burner, and both were broken within 2 months of each purchase. It's not the durability that concerns me, it's that the performance.

Will the Q be something that people would want to buy compared to other high end graphite sticks?

Edit: Reworded to better make my point

i don't mean to sound blunt or anything, but the way they've made them, people don't want to buy them, or at least we had the same 5 Tour Burner sticks sitting in pro shop at the rink for what feels like a year now.

I think Mission is stepping in the right direction with their sticks, and it'd be good to see Tour do the same. That's all i'm saying, no disrespect meant :)

There seems to be some confusion concerning the new "Q" stick. The individual that states he broke 3, must be talking about a different Tour stick. We have several different sticks in our line. The Q stick will be a new model for 2008, and won't be available before mid Dec. The only Q sticks available are being used by our test guys. The Q will be a high end graphite stick. We have increased the amount of graphite, and improved the blade design. The testers like the feel, and balance. Will be available in two curves, similar to Modano and Iginla. Will let you guys determine if the stick measures up once we make it available. I don't go on this site to do a sales job or compare our products to competitors

Sorry Tour17, I was reffering to the "aviator" stick. If you reduced the vibration in your sticks and make the int. flex actually an int. height, Id definantly buy more of your sticks. Just a suggestion.

nothing wrong with suggestions, but they're not going to make a stick because one person suggests this. you need a whole bunch of people with the same problem

I know, but I figured I would add my $.02

Also, is there going to be one EVO glove? Which glove in that pic (1st page) is the top end model? The black one?

Personally I love Tour sticks, I've only used the Beemer though. The feel was great and so was the durability. Mine lasted all of last season in PIHA plus a few mens leagues. I was skating 3 or 4 times a week with it for at least 4 months. I was shocked at how long it lasted

edit: Only part that actually wore out was the bottom of the blade, it started to peel apart. The shaft was still in great condition