Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2008 CCM U+ lineup

Here's the stuff I used in Montreal last week.

U+ = You Plus, essentially an extension of the player (you)

uskate.jpg

First off, first Vector that ever fit me! The new U-Foam used in the boot reacts well to baking, and like previously stated, there's a bit more volume in the boot.

rr.jpg

Remember a few yrs back when there were rumors of CCM making their own disposable runner? There you go. They're saying 15 sharpenings - I say a good sharpener who won't destroy profiles can get more out of it. Very noticeable when you pick up the skate - unfortunately, they didn't have my size runners so couldn't skate on them.

ustick.jpg

ustick2.jpg

Probably the best stick CCM has ever come up with - very well balanced, very clean. Full graphite, with a hollowed heel for balance. Didn't get to take many shots, but a clean stick nonetheless.

Fit similar to the current Vectors ? And why does CCM insist on making the fugliest skates possible ?

Both look VERY nice. I'll definitely look into picking up the stick. I have no clue which curve is which in CCM, do they have a Drury clone for retail?

BTW thanks JR for the pics.

Ovechkin, what I used.

Fit similar to the current Vectors ? And why does CCM insist on making the fugliest skates possible ?

More volume, plus the new foam. I couldn't wear Vector before.

I'm a bit concerned on the Hollow Heel concept of the stick. Seems like it's just prone to cave ins and breakage. And also seems like it would increase torquing of the blade. Skates look great. Can't wait to see em in person.

Thanks for posting this, JR!

Higher volume boot than the current Vectors? My club feet may like these very very much. Still not the prettiest things on ice but I do prefer them to the current Vector look.

Pretty cool - sounds like T-blades for CCM skates.

Any chance they'll make T-traditional versions instead of just the C-contoured ones? Maybe just pro-stock?

I'm a bit concerned on the Hollow Heel concept of the stick. Seems like it's just prone to cave ins and breakage. And also seems like it would increase torquing of the blade. Skates look great. Can't wait to see em in person.

It had good feel, I can tell you that.

Pretty cool - sounds like T-blades for CCM skates.

Read first post

I would suppose I would just have to have the right lie to keep the heel up off the ice as much as can be done, and never slam my stick in a fit of anger...wait, that part will never happen

Stick is intriguing...thats about it though. I think the runner idea is dumb personally as I sharpen my skates after about once a week at least. I'd spend more on steel than I would the skates.

i heard that these skates are going to be the lightest out there lighter than the s15. Is this true?

With the RR, yes. We hand-weighed my U+ and my S15s in the locker room and they were close. We imagined with the RR, it would be lighter. It's a 50g difference.

Edge - if you're careful you can get more life out of the runners.

After my experience with the V110s I had when they first came out, I completely swore-off of CCM sticks for good. Given the jump in technology, I figure maybe it's time to give them a shot again. Sounds like a "feel" driven stick, which justifies experimentation as far as I'm concerned.