Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2008 CCM U+ lineup

No ankle locks eh?

Too bad they took the best thing they have come up with in the last few years off the skate.

OMG, I just caught this show on the web...

It's called "Can You Design A Pro-Level Skate Better Than A 5th Grader?"

OOPS ... I got it wrong ...

I should've said "Can You Design A Pro-Level Skate Better Than CCM?" :blink:

I'm thanking God that I don't fit in CCM at all!

Note: Easton will be happy CCM using "SL - Super Light" in their advertising

Note 2: I think the stick looks great.

Pretty cool - sounds like T-blades for CCM skates.

CCM and Graf are cohorts as far as T'Blades are concerned.

If you do a little research, you'll see that CCM offers several skate models with T'Blades.

OMG, I just caught this show on the web...

It's called "Can You Design A Pro-Level Skate Better Than A 5th Grader?"

OOPS ... I got it wrong ...

I should've said "Can You Design A Pro-Level Skate Better Than CCM?" :blink:

I'm thanking God that I don't fit in CCM at all!

Note: Easton will be happy CCM using "SL - Super Light" in their advertising

Note 2: I think the stick looks great.

Exactly what premise are you basing your opinion on?

Have you tried the skate?

It's evident that you watch T.V. (if you can can honestly refer to Jeff Foxworthy and prepubescent, elementary students as quality entertainment).

But what, exactly, is the premise of your opinion?

Shall I remind you?

"Note 2: I think that the stick looks great"

Who cares what it looks like? How well does it function?

You can't say, can you?

Exactly what premise are you basing your opinion on?

My premise & mine alone based on what I see (graphics) of the skate leaves me less than impressed. In the past, I've not enjoyed my experiences with CCM and nothing has changed that opinon. If I were to try them (unlikely) and they fit then great, but my feet & eyes' opinions are so far unwavered. Seems simple doesn't it. Doesn't It?

As for the stick, I merely commented on how it looks. Again, no reference to performance good or bad.

As for reminding me? of what? Go ahead, enlighten me... please

If nothing else it'll take my eyes off those fugly boots

No ankle locks eh?

Too bad they took the best thing they have come up with in the last few years off the skate.

If you look where the ankle-locks should be there is whaty appears to be a block of rubber or some other flexible material making the hinge - I would imagine it would be too flexible to anchor the heel-locks on there, or it would add rigidity and defeat the purpose.

While I am not fond of the looks of the boot, I'll hold judgement until I have held and tried them - of course, at the price I'm sure they'll command, I won't be trying them for a while - what IS the MSDRP on these dogs by the way, JR? Oh yeah, thanks for the post.

I know that you stated the the skates had a more volumous fit, but did the skates fit like the Vectors with a narrow heel/tendon area and a high arch support? Or were they more remniscent of the Tacks line with a wider heel and lower arch support?

how much are the disposable blades going to cost?

$39.99, and obviously, retrofittable.

if they are retrofittable and you would rather not have "disposable" steel could you put a solid steel blade in? Just wondering.

The disposable runners just go in the regular E-Pro holder, so you could put regular steel in there. And thank god, because I'd shoot somebody if I had to pay $40 for those things all the time. To me, it seems like a good concept, but too expensive, and far too much of a pain in the ass.

Pretty cool - sounds like T-blades for CCM skates.

CCM and Graf are cohorts as far as T'Blades are concerned.

If you do a little research, you'll see that CCM offers several skate models with T'Blades.

And like I said before, they stopped doing t'blade 3 yrs ago and the word around the campfire was that they were going to design their own.

Its neat that the new lightweight runners fit the E-Pro holder and can be used on any skate but that price is a bit out there. The cost\benefit just isn't there for most folks.

These are completely different from the T'Blade concept of a pre-sharpened disposible runner though, right?

Neat idea, price it for around $20 and it could work.

Well i just picked up the Catapult, and if this stick is anything like that one, i'm definately going to buy one...

Skates look cool, but i'm also nervous about the runners...plus i can pretty much only skate on Tuuks :(

This new runner idea seems like a pain in the ass to me as well. I like that they're trying to play off other ideas in the equipment industry, but I just don't think this one is worth the fooling around.

Glad to see they redesigned the skate too. They aren't any prettier before, haha...but at least they're different. The new stick has me curious though, it may just become my first CCM stick purchase.

how long til we see the same stuff in rbk? the technology in the skate sounds pretty good but i have to say i like the look of the rbk skates a little more than the ccm ones...usually anyways. jr, how was the fit of these compared to the s15?

As for the skates looks, I even think they went a little "over the top" with the style. I am used to the less extreme 1st gen vectors and the tack line. I really think they have overdone it with the new vectors 10s and these. If they turned it down just a few notches, it would be ok.

I think the only real downfall to the skate graphics is the childish looking U+ logo. But if you look at the pro models they look much better than the closeup... The colors look very (new)vaporish, which is a good thing in my opinion. I think the picture posted hurts the overall judgement of the skates, in pro pictures you can see more texture, it doesn't look flat and painted on, again that's just my opinion.

I know that you stated the the skates had a more volumous fit, but did the skates fit like the Vectors with a narrow heel/tendon area and a high arch support? Or were they more remniscent of the Tacks line with a wider heel and lower arch support?

Same, but with the more volume, I think they'll get that old Tack wearer back.

Not with those graphics

To me, the skate looks like the Mission Fuel skates more than anything else. But like those skates in a drawing made by a six year old kid. They're ugly. I like that they got rid of the lace locks - I've always hated those for some reason. And I like the idea for the new stick, but I'm just picturing that hollow heel area breaking like it were made of candy or something.

I don't know if they specifically will get me back as I have since moved on to the RBK 7K's in a 9E which feel very similar in fit to my last couple of pairs of Tacks. But I will always prefer the more traditional style boots of the Tacks line (ok....now I am really showing my age).

I think the only real downfall to the skate graphics is the childish looking U+ logo. But if you look at the pro models they look much better than the closeup... The colors look very (new)vaporish, which is a good thing in my opinion. I think the picture posted hurts the overall judgement of the skates, in pro pictures you can see more texture, it doesn't look flat and painted on, again that's just my opinion.

I am in agreement w/ TBLfan, the U looks dumb but IMO the rest of the skate isn't bad.. then again I am not the pickiest person when it comes to looks and graphics, and if it fits like the old Tacks, I'd give them a go