Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2008 CCM U+ lineup

soooo, i guess it remains to be seen how the new steel holds an edge... i might give the things a spin when it comes out... but if i figure two or so sets of steel per year, at $40/ea, plus profiling... is it worth it?

prolly not

Tacks are done, guys.

Pretty much confirmed...obviously you can say "never say never," but yeah...

The new breed of players can't identify with that name anymore.

that's why i picked up 3 pairs of '06 Pro Tacks... i'm on the 3rd pair now, and may have to plan a small funeral.

i noticed that Iginla and Ovechkin have been wearing these skates, but with Tuuks instead of the E Pro/ Rocket Runner setup

i noticed that Iginla and Ovechkin have been wearing these skates, but with Tuuks instead of the E Pro/ Rocket Runner setup

Very common on any skate.

Lecavalier still has the e-pro on it but with regular steel... But I also think he has larger then average skates so the new blades might not be available even for him.

that's why i picked up 3 pairs of '06 Pro Tacks... i'm on the 3rd pair now, and may have to plan a small funeral.

On your third now? Ooofff.... how can you go through that high a level of skate in such a short period of time? Sure, some pro's get a new pair every year, but that is in part because the are on the ice every day playing at a vastly high level and, more importantly, because they can (negligible cost to them).

Anyway, not calling you out - just curious.

On your third now? Ooofff.... how can you go through that high a level of skate in such a short period of time? Sure, some pro's get a new pair every year, but that is in part because the are on the ice every day playing at a vastly high level and, more importantly, because they can (negligible cost to them).

Anyway, not calling you out - just curious.

lol i'm on the ice 4-5 days a week, playing university-level. i also lent a pair to a buddy for 2 months, and since he was on the ice 6-8 times a week at the time, he burned through them pretty quickly. they're far from dead, but he broke them in to his foot shape, so i just ended up giving them to him.

so i suppose you can say that i've only gone through 2 pairs and ended up giving a pair away lol. but with the amount of skating i've been putting into them over the past 2 years, they've held up incredibly well.

next pair will probably be the V.10 SE, even though i seem to be the only person aside from Ovie and Vanek who like 'em :D

lol i'm on the ice 4-5 days a week, playing university-level. i also lent a pair to a buddy for 2 months, and since he was on the ice 6-8 times a week at the time, he burned through them pretty quickly. they're far from dead, but he broke them in to his foot shape, so i just ended up giving them to him.

so i suppose you can say that i've only gone through 2 pairs and ended up giving a pair away lol. but with the amount of skating i've been putting into them over the past 2 years, they've held up incredibly well.

next pair will probably be the V.10 SE, even though i seem to be the only person aside from Ovie and Vanek who like 'em :D

I went through a similar switch into the Vectors and they never fit my feet properly, or close to the way that the Tacks fit. For a similar fit I would recommend the RBK line.

they might not fit :)

the Vectors are definitely a different fit in comparison to my good 'ol Tacks, but i've tried on a pair of V10s with a heat fit, and after a few skates, they should be fine. chances are i'll have to do a bit of stretch in the midfoot, but since i work in a shop, i'll do it correctly enough for it not to be a detriment to the skate.

i'll definitely agree that the RBK line fits most similar to the Tacks, but I do like the heel fit in the Vector line a little more, especially with a heat fit.

there are few other customizations i plan to do to the Vectors, including a heel lift and switching to the white E-Pro :D

don't worry guys, i *think* i know what i'm doing / getting myself into ;)

From what I've seen in the gear sightings thread, the one95's didn't look that bad, certainly better than these new Vectors.

I went through a similar switch into the Vectors and they never fit my feet properly, or close to the way that the Tacks fit. For a similar fit I would recommend the RBK line.

I wouldn't say so. The Tacks are a much more shallow fit when compared to the RBK:s

I wouldn't say so. The Tacks are a much more shallow fit when compared to the RBK:s

The depth was never a serious hindrance for me....when compared to the Vectors, my low arch combined with the high arch support in the Vectors caused me pain the arch and rockered most of my foot inside of the boot to the point that I was getting hot spots on the outside of my foot and under the 5th metatarsal in both feet due to most of my weight being supported there.

JR, I love the feel of the CCM blades...does this blade feel different from the blade on the V130 or is it still the same blade with the hollow point tech?