Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 Mission Catalogue

Zac, quick question. If I were moving to AGX's from S400's that I've had punched in and widened a little I imagine I'd need an EE, problem is I don't see any online.

Are wide AGX's being distributed yet?

Thanks

the AGX is a wider last compared to the rest of the line. we will also have an EE. remember that EE skates are wider in the heel/ankles..... NOT THE TOE BOX/FRONT QUARTERS. that said- where did you have the S400 punched? i am assuming outer front quarters?

First, thanks for the updates and great info.

Yes, they were punched in the front quarters, you're probably familiar with this. There's a piece where the boot comes together and has some extra material on the inside and outside, I just so luckily have bone spurs in those areas.

I'll try to find a local shop with the AGX in stock and try on a regular pair. The S400's are perfect ankle wise for me.

the AGX is a wider last compared to the rest of the line. we will also have an EE. remember that EE skates are wider in the heel/ankles..... NOT THE TOE BOX/FRONT QUARTERS. that said- where did you have the S400 punched? i am assuming outer front quarters?

Zac, quick question on the AGX... will they run the same size as the other Fuel skates? I'm in a 90AG size 8 right now, and it's perfect.

Zac, quick question on the AGX... will they run the same size as the other Fuel skates? I'm in a 90AG size 8 right now, and it's perfect.

ANT-- same size... slightly wider heel. the 8 should be fine.

Hey Zac, I was wondering if you could elaborate on the ankle padding found on the AGX skates. I loved the Indy Foam found on the Flyweight series from years ago. I have developed some significant bruising and pain on my inner ankle bone while skating on my Synergy 1500's for the past year and would love to find a skate with more significant padding in that area. Also, how is the fit in the mid-foot area? Thanks in advance!

I def. thought of this response this morning when I pulled my 90AG's off after 2 hours of stick time, and my heel had pins & needles for 15 minutes. Can't wait! haha

Hey Zac, I was wondering if you could elaborate on the ankle padding found on the AGX skates. I loved the Indy Foam found on the Flyweight series from years ago. I have developed some significant bruising and pain on my inner ankle bone while skating on my Synergy 1500's for the past year and would love to find a skate with more significant padding in that area. Also, how is the fit in the mid-foot area? Thanks in advance!

mmmmmm Indy Foam! the new skates do not use an Indy Foam like the older models did. is your current skate cutting into your inner ankle? i am just trying to understand why this is happening rather than just suggest a new skate. the asymmetrical ankle cuff on the AG is well liked for the reason that it fits your ankles better ( not everyone, but GENERALLY ).

I def. thought of this response this morning when I pulled my 90AG's off after 2 hours of stick time, and my heel had pins & needles for 15 minutes. Can't wait! haha

at least you got to play! :(

argh! I wanted to order a pair of AGX asap..... but I just read they're doing the free Fuel TI stick for skate purchases between June, and August. I guess I'll have to hold out until June or so, because I really can't pass on an opportunity to get ahold of 2 new Mission products.

Edited by AnthonyJTa

mmmmmm Indy Foam! the new skates do not use an Indy Foam like the older models did. is your current skate cutting into your inner ankle? i am just trying to understand why this is happening rather than just suggest a new skate. the asymmetrical ankle cuff on the AG is well liked for the reason that it fits your ankles better ( not everyone, but GENERALLY ).

It appears that the ankle padding has broken down to the point where you can easily feel the composite shell through what is left of the padding. What is strange about it is that it did not break down progressively, it was literally great one day and gone the next.

Unfortunately by skating in them despite the lack of padding I had developed some sort of injury to the interior ankle bone (the medial maleolus I am told). I am seeing a Doctor who specializes in sports medicine on Monday to see whether or not it will require surgery.

I guess what I am looking for in terms of new skates is something that will provide slightly more cushion to the ankle area and has a moderately wide mid-foot area. Thanks for your help!

It appears that the ankle padding has broken down to the point where you can easily feel the composite shell through what is left of the padding. What is strange about it is that it did not break down progressively, it was literally great one day and gone the next.

Unfortunately by skating in them despite the lack of padding I had developed some sort of injury to the interior ankle bone (the medial maleolus I am told). I am seeing a Doctor who specializes in sports medicine on Monday to see whether or not it will require surgery.

I guess what I am looking for in terms of new skates is something that will provide slightly more cushion to the ankle area and has a moderately wide mid-foot area. Thanks for your help!

how long have you had the Eastons? will they do anything? Warranty issue etc???

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I finally got some solid information to work with. Apparently the problem is that I have a 4" long ankle fracture and a chipped peice of bone that is just kinda floating around down there. The injury apparently happened back in January and I made it worse by continuing to skate on it which caused the area to develop bursitis (which accounts for the pain and swelling when pressure is placed on the area).

So the Eastons did not cause the injury (must have been a slash or deflected puck). As for warranty, I purchased them via eBay over ago and since I don't think they caused the injury to worsen I will probably just look for some new skates and sell the Eastons.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to skate for 4-6 months and have to do physical therapy and have an MRI to determine if surgery is necessary. Once I heal I will definitely check out the AGX though; thanks for the help!

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I finally got some solid information to work with. Apparently the problem is that I have a 4" long ankle fracture and a chipped peice of bone that is just kinda floating around down there. The injury apparently happened back in January and I made it worse by continuing to skate on it which caused the area to develop bursitis (which accounts for the pain and swelling when pressure is placed on the area).

So the Eastons did not cause the injury (must have been a slash or deflected puck). As for warranty, I purchased them via eBay over ago and since I don't think they caused the injury to worsen I will probably just look for some new skates and sell the Eastons.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to skate for 4-6 months and have to do physical therapy and have an MRI to determine if surgery is necessary. Once I heal I will definitely check out the AGX though; thanks for the help!

re-habbing an injury is critical. it is also very important not to rush it and try to come back and play too early. there is nothing worse than aggravating an injury. stay in shape and train the best way you can without aggravating your ankle. that way coming back will not be such an uphill battle. i have said this many times before... i am in no way a DR. so make sure you listen to your DR. and follow his ( or her.... hopefully she is hot and not Nurse Ratchet ) advice. things are warming up.... time to improve that golf game ( which i STINK at! LoL ). BTW.. i am glad you took the time to figure out what the problem really is. too often people blame their gear when that might not really be the case.

Edited by Zac911

Funny how no one pictured in the catalog is actually using Mission's current line of gloves... all M-1s in there.

the players are wearing either M1s or L7s. that catalogue was put together back in November before we had the 130 out to the Pros yet. if you look around the league you will see bigger crimes.... IE: Thorntons gloves! FUNNY!

Jedi Mind Trick " those are not the gloves you are looking for! "

notice he was not in the catalogue??? while we are on the subject i guess we could mention Ryan Smyth from last year as well.... is it shameful that we did it.... or shameful for the player to take the money? i have never been a fan of it, but seems like most mfgs do it.

HOW ABOUT THE CAPITALS GAME TONIGHT??????? WOW!

also... thanx for the offer to crash. much appreciated!

Are the lies on the Mission site's blade chart relatively accurate?

my apologies guys.... i believe there are some inaccuracies in the blade chart.... Sundin and Rafalski are same blade shape and lie ( 6 ) ... Sundin is Heel and Rafalski is Mid both open face. Boyes is 5 lie.

I like it even better than modano/forsberg. It seems to be just a slight bit less curve (more mid than heel) and a slight bit less open faced. Just recently got a fuel ti and absolutely love it.

Just wanted to mention that Zac was dead on with the width of the AGX. They support my ankle well and my wider forefoot perfectly in the standard size.

I haven't even baked them yet, I'll bounce another post over after I've got more time in them and go for a round of baking.

I like it even better than modano/forsberg. It seems to be just a slight bit less curve (more mid than heel) and a slight bit less open faced. Just recently got a fuel ti and absolutely love it.

i in fact noticed this as well. my samples i got back in Nov were slightly different. the Boyes is definitely a little flatter than Forsberg/Modano. the lie thought is 5. good eye!

Just wanted to mention that Zac was dead on with the width of the AGX. They support my ankle well and my wider forefoot perfectly in the standard size.

I haven't even baked them yet, I'll bounce another post over after I've got more time in them and go for a round of baking.

good to hear that worked out good for you! i was concerned that you wanted to go EE. just so anyone reading this is not sure-- EE is wider in the ankle.... NOT THE BALL. guys with stocky ankles should get an EE. with the seams we have in this boot it will shape to your foot extremely fast.

Sign in to follow this