Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 Mission Catalogue

Hoping the discontinued mission sticks will go on sale! might pick one up after hearing many great things about mission sticks!

Looks great. When is the AGX slated to come out?

it is scheduled to ship mid February, but things always change. solid skate for the money ( approx $270 ). it is my next skate for sure- i have been asking for a Pro Nylex liner, Felt Tongue and a slightly wider heel. should be a winner at this price! boot is stiffer- a nice hybrid of the XP and AG. shafts are no longer- we are focusing on the Spearshaft Technology which is has received excellent reviews.

57 cans! W/full gear that's a hernia lifting that bad boy in the trunk. Maybe they should add a hitch attachment so you can tow it behind you! AG/X looks sweet. If my feet fit they may be my next pair.

Edited by Hooah4

I got a novel idea...go look at some pictures and compare :P lol, I'm in a pissy mood. Think they XPs, btw.

Edited by sc37

I have look many pictures and compared the skates, but somehow all missions look pretty same to me :P

I am HUGE Afinogenov fan so I would like to have the same skates as my idol (some missions with lightspeeds) :D

I know that sounds stupid, because choosing skates its all about the fit, but still... :unsure:

I saw the TI-Pro OPS today. Great looking and feeling stick. the Spearshaft concept is interesting. the grip is really nice on it too- a satin textured finish. I would have gotten one but they didn't have my pattern.

Does anyone know which of those new mission skates are Afinogenov using now?

Does it really matter? It isn't like he's wearing a pair they found out back at the LHS.

Is the Intake Fusion supposed to not be as good as the intake?

It's cheaper, but that doesn't mean that it's less protective.

Does anyone know how the stiffness setup of the AG, XP, AGX skates compare to other skates? Are any of them similar to Vapors, Eastons, etc?

Does anyone know how the stiffness setup of the AG, XP, AGX skates compare to other skates? Are any of them similar to Vapors, Eastons, etc?
XP are their traditional cut, stiff skates. AGX are lower cut but still stiff skates.

i believe it was 57 cans JR!

You're right, it was 57!

Of course you hold out on us - I get the impression that's how you get your rocks off ;)

No, not exactly. Hence my second quote in my sig.

!!!!PRODUCT OF THE YEAR!!!!

could someone shed some light on whether the ribiero curve is being replaced by the sundin or if the sundin is a whole new pattern. I finally discovered the ribiero pattern like 2 weeks ago and now I find that it is discontinued!?!?!

could someone shed some light on whether the ribiero curve is being replaced by the sundin or if the sundin is a whole new pattern. I finally discovered the ribiero pattern like 2 weeks ago and now I find that it is discontinued!?!?!

there is no more Ribeiro. i liked the pattern, but it just does not move as well as other Heel Curves and it is very similar to a Lidstrom ( McAuley now Hainsey ). it does not make sense to have two heel curves in your line up with square toes. Drury ( Sundin for us ) is from what i have seen the most popular Heel Curve ( #1 Selling Pro Pattern and my PP ). i have spent some time with our new Fuel Ti 75 flex and i can say that i am loving this new stick. Sargy really stepped up the game and the addition of Roman has been solid. we have some great designers in Montreal and Mission is really coming on as a company. stay tuned guys!

there is no more Ribeiro. i liked the pattern, but it just does not move as well as other Heel Curves and it is very similar to a Lidstrom ( McAuley now Hainsey ). it does not make sense to have two heel curves in your line up with square toes. Drury ( Sundin for us ) is from what i have seen the most popular Heel Curve ( #1 Selling Pro Pattern and my PP ). i have spent some time with our new Fuel Ti 75 flex and i can say that i am loving this new stick. Sargy really stepped up the game and the addition of Roman has been solid. we have some great designers in Montreal and Mission is really coming on as a company. stay tuned guys!

They were doing a pretty good job before everything got moved to Montreal in the first place.

c'mon Chadd.... we have had this conversation.....buy you a soda after the game?????? Justin is a great product designer...maybe too good. most of his ideas are very forward thinking. i am cool with that..... i trend the same way, but the GENERAL market is not so fast to adapt new ideas and new thinking. look at FOR EXAMPLE the Flyweight Shaft and Low Taper Wood and Composite Blades-- i thought it was brilliant, but everybody had a hard on for what they thought was a TRUE ONE PIECE stick ( synergy ). here i am telling people, " no dude.... its two pieces.. blade and shaft with bondo and paint..... what makes is special is the low connection.... try the mission and get the benefits of low connection and a wood blade ". we have some great product past and present just like other manufacturers-- the question i ask is why do the big names get away with failures? i have seen the future and it looks great! CLOSE YOUR EYES AND OPEN YOUR MIND!

Edited by Zac911

the question i ask is why do the big names get away with failures?

Don't worry I beat up on them too. It's my job to keep everyone honest and on their toes. ;)

BTW, I never liked the flyweight, the T-Flex worked much better for me.

Don't worry I beat up on them too. It's my job to keep everyone honest and on their toes. ;)

the shaft or low connection? in previous threads i mentioned how i would take the dremel to std blades for my 1100s-- money! you being a bigger guy flex was probably not an issue with TFlex Shafts, but being part of the crowd that cuts about 3 inches of their shafts it pretty much loses all load/flex characteristics. even still i never like the high connection point of the TFlex, but then again some guys like the higher kick point. didnt Hespeler have Inno Made shafts that were Mid Kick and Low Kick?

" Arguing with a Parts Guys is like wrestling a Pig in mud......after a while you realize the Pig enjoys it "

the shaft or low connection? in previous threads i mentioned how i would take the dremel to std blades for my 1100s-- money! you being a bigger guy flex was probably not an issue with TFlex Shafts, but being part of the crowd that cuts about 3 inches of their shafts it pretty much loses all load/flex characteristics. even still i never like the high connection point of the TFlex, but then again some guys like the higher kick point. didnt Hespeler have Inno Made shafts that were Mid Kick and Low Kick?

" Arguing with a Parts Guys is like wrestling a Pig in mud......after a while you realize the Pig enjoys it "

I always thought the long hosel wood blades loaded a little easier. Probably mental, but so am I. Hespeler pro kick low and mid. I had moved on from the 9009 to the 9010 by that point. The 9010 was essentially an 1100 in the 0 shape. Essentially the same as the oval section of the S17, but the full length of the stick.

My son wears the mission XP 120 skates he loves them best skates he's ever had. Now he is totaly hooked on the new mission :rolleyes: 2008 TI intermediate stick. He is a 5'8" 12 year old defenseman with a quite heavy slapshot, around 70-75 mph. He just broke the blade of his 2006 CCM vector V10 with the thornton curve. He has great "flight" with this curve on both slappers and wristers, but now that he wants the new mission, can anyone give me some advise on which curve would be the closest to the ccm thorton?? Thanks for any suggestions, I appreciate it.

My son wears the mission XP 120 skates he loves them best skates he's ever had. Now he is totaly hooked on the new mission :rolleyes: 2008 TI intermediate stick. He is a 5'8" 12 year old defenseman with a quite heavy slapshot, around 70-75 mph. He just broke the blade of his 2006 CCM vector V10 with the thornton curve. He has great "flight" with this curve on both slappers and wristers, but now that he wants the new mission, can anyone give me some advise on which curve would be the closest to the ccm thorton?? Thanks for any suggestions, I appreciate it.

hossa is a bit smaller curve, but it's the closest.

Sign in to follow this