Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 Mission Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2008...mission2008.pdf

Skates - All skates have carried over from last year, but there is one new skate for 2008 - that would be the AGX. It is a hybrid fit - AG ankles and height, however, has the stiffeners and quarter package from the XP. This skate will fall right underneath the 100AG in terms of price. And YES...PITCH is staying put. :)

Sticks - Fuel TI-Pro is a Holiday 2007 launch, but some of the technology from that stick goes down to the 2008 lineup. The TI/TI Grip falls under the TI-Pro, but without the carbon fibre shaft. Also, no titanium mesh in the blade. The Fuel Pyro replaces the Z-1, still with the Spear shaft and soft touch grip. The Z12 replaces the Toxic line.

Helmets - Helmets are unchanged, except for the Fusion, which is a Holiday 2007 launch.

Gloves - A new glove has been added to the lineup - the Fuel 130. It is the NHL-spec glove - nylon, dual density foams, stretch palm and no full-motion cuff (what's on the 120). Feels much better than the 120.

Protective - This was Justin's last ice project with Mission - I got to see some of the prototype renderings when he was working on it. Very nicely done. The shoulder pads have a motocross look to it - very strong front and back plate (almost feels like you can take a bullet in them) along with EPP in certain areas of the pad. The back of the shoulder pad is very rigid, however, has a break in it where it flexes. The pads have memory foam in the clavicle/knee/tricep area which allows the pad to conform to the player's body. Anti-microbial, cool liner as well as grip print.

Pants are unchanged.

New bags this year - including the Cooler, which according to Mission reps, fits FIFTY-SEVEN cans of your favorite 12-oz beverage. :)

dang 3 catalogs added on one day! you have been busy

have you been holding out on us? :)

Has to be done right, you just can't throw pictures up there.

I'm always holding out on you guys.

Is that cuff as long as it looks, Chadd?

Not from what I recall. I only had it on for a couple minutes but it seemed like a fairly small cuff, if memory serves.

i believe it was 57 cans JR!

You're right, it was 57!

Of course you hold out on us - I get the impression that's how you get your rocks off ;)

No, not exactly. Hence my second quote in my sig.

Man their skates look great, too bad they don't fit my grotesquely fat feet. I heard a vicious rumor the Pitch holder was going "bye-bye"... guess not?

Edited by AnthonyJTa

Man their skates look great, too bad they don't fit my grotesquely fat feet. I heard a vicious rumor the Pitch holder was going "bye-bye"... guess not?

There'll be a new one next year, but PITCH will still stay put. :)

I'm also liking the 60 day warranty on the Titanium sticks. Now if I can only get into some of the retail patterns they offer.. from the looks of it, I think that "Sundin" pattern they offer is as close to "Drury-esque" I'll get

There'll be a new one next year, but PITCH will still stay put. :)

When you say "there'll be a new one next year", do you mean 2008? What will the new holder be like?

Thanks, JR.

Interesting to see Tanguay and Sundin names on blade patterns. I wasn't aware that either of them had been using Mission sticks.

Tanguay=McCauley, and Sundin=Ribeiro ?

The 130 is a very comfortable glove.

Double split fingers, cable knit, vented back roll...they do look like great gloves. How is the fit? Is it a tigher fitting glove, loose or in between?

The 130 is a very comfortable glove.

Double split fingers, cable knit, vented back roll...they do look like great gloves. How is the fit? Is it a tigher fitting glove, loose or in between?

It's not a One90 but it isn't sloppy either.

The new gloves are very nice, and the fuel Ti is very nice, one of the best sticks I have used to date, comming from synergy st, vapor xxx lite, and synergy se!

Unless I missed it, is Mission not making any shafts or replacement blades this year?

Wondering that myself. Maybe just not in this version of the catalog?

Is the 08 Hossa the same curve as previous Hossa pattern?

The only reason I ask is because in this catalog, it looks like it's deeper.

All in all, very nice looking stuff, and I wish Mission nothing but success.

Sign in to follow this