Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 Mission Catalogue

Hey Zac, anymore word on the AGXs? I saw you posted they'd come out around February, but I'm not seeing information anywhere else. Just wondering.

Edited by daca

dealers that have booked already should be seeing them in about 2 weeks. this is what i know as of right now. i was going to get a pair, but i have played about 4 times in the last 4 months and my 120AGs are mint. i need a new component set in the doors of my ride more than skates right now. i did 55K last year so i need to be entertained. louder is better when you are trying to stay awake on the road as well! anyone got a hook up of Rainbow Audio?

i have several in my garage. i have a killer Orion XTR600.4... it just needs a trip to the shop. i can send it to you if you want. probably $100 to fix it. it will really sing, but as with all Orion A/B amps.... it's power hungry. you need a good battery and a solid alt. i also have an Audison SRX3 in good working condition. the connections are a bit tricky but the sound quality outstanding. 2x75+250x1 at 4 ohms 13.8V. i have a garage full of Mission Samples and old car audio projects...lol!

Edited by Zac911

dealers that have booked already should be seeing them in about 2 weeks. this is what i know as of right now. i was going to get a pair, but i have played about 4 times in the last 4 months and my 120AGs are mint. i need a new component set in the doors of my ride more than skates right now. i did 55K last year so i need to be entertained. louder is better when you are trying to stay awake on the road as well! anyone got a hook up of Rainbow Audio?

It's the end of the month and there seems to be no word of these anywhere yet. Do you have any new info? I'm in the market for my first pair of ice skates and considering that I use the Mission Assassins I'm assuming that these would fit well. I'm certainly curious to at least try them.

had a question, no shafts or blades and was wondering what their high end standard and tapered shafts were

None right now, Mission is focusing on the OPS market.
Remember the last time they did that? That lasted all of what, a year?

Hopefully it wont last long. With the wealth of tapered blades I have, I'm pretty much only using tapered shafts at this point. The more players the better of a chance I find something I like as much as the old stuff. Although, I do understand the reasoning behind it... Never stopped TPS from making shafts, gloves. Never kept Easton from making skates. You can't really go after a small part of a market and ever expect to make a big splash in the market as a whole.

Just take some Fuel sticks, don't fuse them instantly a tapered shaft and blade combo, makes everyone happy.

Just take some Fuel sticks, don't fuse them instantly a tapered shaft and blade combo, makes everyone happy.

They make the Fuel sticks like Stealths and Vapors now, that won't work.

They make the Fuel sticks like Stealths and Vapors now, that won't work.

Does that apply to the '07 Fuels, and V-Hex?

No on the V Hex, don't recall on the 07 fuel.

fwiw, i had a pro stock 07 fuel and was able to cut/chisel it into a tapered shaft. You never know with pro stocks, but it seemed to be a "real" fuel.

because i know he is reading this- i expect the 75 to be expanded to other lines! DO IT! DO IT NOW! DOOOO IT! lol

Since the AGX skate falls under the AG100 in price, it is supposed to be more of a mid-range skate rather than a top-end one right?

Edited by Scurvy

Since the AGX skate falls under the AG100 in price, it is supposed to be more of a mid-range skate rather than a top-end one right?

dont over associate quality with price- this boot was overbuilt for the money.

dont over associate quality with price- this boot was overbuilt for the money.

Alright, I'll have to take a look at it and try it on when I need new skates.

that is all i am saying.... just try them on. i love that we used a FELT TONGUE on this skate. so many times mfgs try to re-invent the skate tongue and yet nothing works as good as a felt tongue. it has a Pro Nylex liner that is very comfortable and i found it to be better than Clarino liners. too bad public perception is that Clarino liners are better-- i wish my 120AG skates had Pro Nylex. :D

that is all i am saying.... just try them on. i love that we used a FELT TONGUE on this skate. so many times mfgs try to re-invent the skate tongue and yet nothing works as good as a felt tongue. it has a Pro Nylex liner that is very comfortable and i found it to be better than Clarino liners. too bad public perception is that Clarino liners are better-- i wish my 120AG skates had Pro Nylex. :D

Not perception, reality. The liner/tongue on the S500 is the best I've ever used.

Zac, quick question. If I were moving to AGX's from S400's that I've had punched in and widened a little I imagine I'd need an EE, problem is I don't see any online.

Are wide AGX's being distributed yet?

Thanks

Sign in to follow this