Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

li7039

Gomez almost out of XN10s

Gomez was using a 10.0 last night at the ASG, so it looks like hes trying everything to find a stick he likes a s muc has the good ol XN10s

I too have finally broken my last XN10, as well as my last vapor XV shaft.

I just haven't been able to find anything I've liked as much as those 2 sticks.

Guess I'll have to wait for the S17 to come in.

I'm almost there too. 3 more XN10's, then it's all over. I miss my Vapor XV shaft too, that thing was the best.....

But no S17's for me, looks like I gotta go back to the Inno/Warriors.

Phil

Yes. Didn't like them as much. The Grip-Zone bothered me and the blade just didn't seem to have the same pop.

They were a bit more durable, though. I'm hoping the R10s "backtrack" a little, but I'm sure I'll be disappointed in the end.

Have any of you XN10 lovers given the R8 a shot?

The R8 comes very close to puck feel when compared to the XN10 R2....but the XN10 is still a better shooting stick.

I wish they would have offered a grip finish for the r8 to be honest, the grip zone thing was stupid, tactile part and all. While I still really liked my XN10's way more, I am content with my adrenaline controls that I have been on, but Im not finding them to be as durable for whatever reason, and Im not sure on the R10's triple flex rating stuff.

Zach

The R8 comes very close to puck feel when compared to the XN10 R2....but the XN10 is still a better shooting stick.

Exactly. The XN10 is the only stick I've ever used that an 85 flex stick kicked like a 100 flex. Shots have soo much velocity coming off the blade, it's effortless.

I purchased an R2 xn10 whip shaft from here a few months ago. It wouldn't hurt to try calling them. I ordered over the phone, went well.

http://www.hockeydog.com/locations.htm

I ordered out of the one in Rhode Island.

from Paul at hockey Dog <paul@hockeydog.com>

to "*" <*@gmail.com>,

date Jan 29, 2008 6:31 AM

subject Re: R2 XN10 tapered shafts

hide details 6:31 AM (12 hours ago)

Hi *,

We have 2 regular flex remaining and that's it. I've been getting a lot of calls on these so I wouldn't know where else to tell you to look. It seems there aren't too many around.

Thanks, Paul

:(

Pat Dapuzzo lined the ASG. His son works with us in the shop and was in Atlanta all week-end with his dad. I asked him tonight about Gomez and his sticks. He said Gomez signed about 20 XN10s and gave them to his parents to take back to Alaska. He knew Gomez was using the 10.0. He was in both locker rooms with the players as his dad knows all the guys. He was sitting with OV in the room. He said all of OV's gear was great except his shoulder pads looked like crap and were totally falling apart!

I wish they would have offered a grip finish for the r8 to be honest, the grip zone thing was stupid, tactile part and all. While I still really liked my XN10's way more, I am content with my adrenaline controls that I have been on, but Im not finding them to be as durable for whatever reason, and Im not sure on the R10's triple flex rating stuff.

Zach

I must be in the minority - I liked the grip zone. Makes sense to me to only put it where I need it, low on the shaft for slap shots. The grip isn't too tacky either.

It's ironic to read all of these posts now that I'm home from the show.

Yes and I think it's a dog compared to the XN10, told the guys from TPS as much when I saw them at the show.

Alright, let's get this over with. Just go ahead and say it: "Rob, you won't be happy with these (R10s), either."

Alright, let's get this over with. Just go ahead and say it: "Rob, you won't be happy with these (R10s), either."

I'd like to try one but with a bit of luck I won't have to do that for a while

I'll give the R10s a shot, but unless I start hearing some more encouraging things, the sticks I'm really excited about are the U+s. I've already told my boss (who was at the demos in Montreal and who I quote as telling me that the stick has "almost too much feel") that he should count on me buying two or three when he gets the first shipment in.

However, I yield to Lady Luck.

I'll give the R10s a shot, but unless I start hearing some more encouraging things, the sticks I'm really excited about are the U+s. I've already told my boss (who was at the demos in Montreal and who I quote as telling me that the stick has "almost too much feel") that he should count on me buying two or three when he gets the first shipment in.

However, I yield to Lady Luck.

Vinny looked like he was having some feel problems during the accuracy challenge at the all star break.