Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

li7039

Gomez almost out of XN10s

I have a prostock Fitzgerald shaft and a Fitzy OPS that have the Adrenaline graphics, but, neither is anything like any retail Adrenaline I've seen. But, these are easily the best sticks I've ever used as far as feel and shooting goes. It's hard to describe, but, they are super light, yet, at the same time they have a "dense" feel to them that really enhances puck feel and dampens vibration (neither of these have any of that shock relief stuff on the retail models). I can't really describe it any other way. Compared to other sticks that have a "tinny" or hollow feeling.

Last night I was checking out the prostock sticks at my LHS looking for more of these, and I found a Sundin Pro-stock R8 and one that said "Willis". The Sundin was stiff flex w/a heel and round toe. The Willis looked like a "tamed" Lidstrom, reg. flex.

I also found a LH XN10 OPS, that I thought about buying to remove the blade.

Has anyone used a prostock R8? If they could compare it to an XN10 or a prostock "Adrenaline" that would be cool.

I may buy both R8's and possibly the XN10 to make into a shaft.

It all comes down to personal experience. Loved the XN10 and thought the Adrenaline's were OK. Right now using some Pro Stock R8's (P31's with no grip) and for me the performance is similar to the XN10, but with better puck feel.

Agree completely. Pro stock R8's are my number 1 stick of choice, and nothing else compares for myself(and i've used everything, it's just personal pref). The blades are so thin and so 'alive', the feel is unmatched. Ironically, I've been switching between an R8 and Mac Daddy, and I actually do like the feel of the Mac Daddy blade.

bluesman68 Posted Today, 10:46 AM

Gomez back to the old....3 helpers last night....

I noticed that too. We had I think three people on MSH report he was completely out of XN10's, I wonder if he somehow got TPS to make him another batch?

i have been using r8 whip flex for about 5 months now. its the best thing for feel and snaps and wristers. i bought a pair of pro stock r8's and they are still brand new no signs of breakage..no cracks..i think ill be buying another pair of theese babies. tps rules!! btw i tried searching all of toronto for some xn10 but i didnt run into any luck. i would like to try this stick so if anyone knows a place in toronto or gta area that has theese sticks in retial please let me know. thanks boys.

bluesman68 Posted Today, 10:46 AM

Gomez back to the old....3 helpers last night....

I noticed that too. We had I think three people on MSH report he was completely out of XN10's, I wonder if he somehow got TPS to make him another batch?

he was using dolos for about a month if not more so who knows.

they still sell sticks at msg i thought they were done with that..

they had them in double teamed last season but this year they are in the little game used shop. In the 200 or 300 level concourse

I just picked up an R2 XN10 intermediate a couple weeks ago, I'd say it's 65-70 flex. For being used and looking like hell, it's still got a lot of pop, but it's definitely too whippy for a game situation. I have it two inches shorter than my game stick for dryland stickhandling and shooting. Wristers and snappers just fly off the thing, slappers are useless as the shaft torques too much though.

Is the S on these Jr sticks for Stiff? If so, what would be the flex (relative to Jr Inno/Dolomite). Any suggestions on what the closest blade is to a Jr Draper in terms of lie? I can see the Sr patterns but can't find the Jr equivalent for these older models.

Thx

JR flex is 50-ish on TPS sticks, Nash would be closest to Draper in the XN10.

I could venture two guesses (need a product to differentiate itself from the crowd, or switched to a "superior construction" which is actually just cheaper) but I'm probably wrong.

dont they just have cult status now, but every1 didnt like them when they were out due to durability?

They are super durable...never had any problems with mine breaking, they lost longer than any other shafts Ive used for the most part.

I remember hearing cost as being a reason why they didnt make them anymore supposedly.

Zach

They are super durable...never had any problems with mine breaking, they lost longer than any other shafts Ive used for the most part.

I remember hearing cost as being a reason why they didnt make them anymore supposedly.

Zach

If you constantly slash people, they don't hold up. If you play the puck, they last forever. From the guys at TPS at the Vegas show: It was an old product and it was time for a change.

Also bear in mind that the new ownership group was taking over and sending production overseas. XN10s were made in North America, as were Adrenalines, and just about everything since then has been imported from asia.

why would tps stop making these if everybody still wants them?

They will be available again this summer on a limited basis.