Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Mythbusters

Ok, watching mythbusters right now and Jamie is underwater punching sharks in the face while wearing what appears to be a NBH 4500 helmet.

Is a modified 4500 the best idea for use of punching sharks?

Pro bull riding uses a 4500 combo with all the logos removed. Might be a 5000, never looked too closely.

I think hockey helmets are just about the best thing out there for protection. Military kevlar is cumbersome, football helmets are obtrusive, bike helmets aren't really that great for all-over protection, ski/snow helmets insulate, skate helmets aren't adjustable.

Almost every other helmet is a "3-size fits all" where hockey helmets are customizable, relatively cheap, lightweight, safe, etc.

I normally like that show, but these guys were just sooo off the mark this time...I guess Discovery made them tie-in to Shark Week....

I love kari.

I am a Jess man myself. :)

While on the subject of converted hockey equipment, anyone see the Philippines Fight Quest? One of the hosts had some weird looking NBH gloves when stick fighting. They had a big badge like 4rolls but vents like one90's.

i'd use a stealth helmet... that way you can sneak up on the sharks.

im reading the boards, miserable about my lack of vday ideas and that made me laugh out loud :lol: thanks man hahaha

Yeah on fightquest they had NBH gloves and on human weapon they had RBKs on a couple episodes.

Who knew Marines used 4Ks?

When I used to work at a hockey shop I had a man come in looking for hockey gloves he could wear during his knife fighting class... I sold him 4 pairs of vapor xxx's.

Yeah on fightquest they had NBH gloves and on human weapon they had RBKs on a couple episodes.

When I used to work at a hockey shop I had a man come in looking for hockey gloves he could wear during his knife fighting class... I sold him 4 pairs of vapor xxx's.

Knife fighting class?!? What the heck is that? $100 for a pair of gloves that you are going to destroy? What's the use of it?

The original style goalie fask mask ala Jacque Plante/Friday the 13th was a hot item here in Taiwan for paint ball enthusiasts a few years back. I never got to see them in action but I sure had fun imagining them diving, then tuck n roll and release a spray of fire with those puppies on!

"Wipeout" also like hockey helmets, can't remember what the American version uses, but the Australian version uses Mission M1505's

Knife fighting class?!? What the heck is that? $100 for a pair of gloves that you are going to destroy? What's the use of it?

Probably using training knives.