Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heatley015

Itan Daniel Chavira

Ok, this comment is 100% true in every way possible.

Me and my buds were playing a little roller hockey on the street, deking, doing tricks.

Itan was in a truck, when he drove by us and must have spotted us. He came out and was a real nice guy, very humble. He took my buds stick and took a hockey ball and bounced it on the stick and then he said "watch this" and did some pretty awesome tricks.

He bounced it off the buttend, rolled it down the shaft, flipped the stick around twice when it was in the air, and kicked it too. It was awesome.

The reason he was in the area is his Yarmouth Teammate, Scott Sack lives about a 3 minute drive from me, so he must have been down with him or along those lines.

It was really great to see him stop by for us and show us some awesome skills.

he has good hands in roller hockey, but to get to the show he has to compare to the elite of the world. and if he makes it to the nhl guys like chara will just knock that good head of his off when he tries that stuff

sorry but i fail to see how this kid is special, i see kids in my area including myself pull all that nonsense on rollers all day...

Now if you say Gerbe from Boston, now we talking...

Unless theres a globetrotter team for hockey...

Seen him play the odd time for the Mariners when I went to a couple of their games this season.

He may have nice hands, amazing moves, and o.k. vision of the ice, but he has no respect for the game or other players at all. I remember one game, he was comming in on a breakaway, tied game in the second period, and instead of just shooting or deking, he picks the puck up on his stick and tries to go backhand top corner with it, but lost it and went sliding into the goalie, which then caused a huge brawl with three different fights.

Now yes, it's great for the fans, but for your team and his own reputation, he makes everyone look like a complete ass with some of the things he tries to pull off, sometimes at critical points in a game. He is basically just there to try and put on a show rather than play hockey.

My cousin got drafted by the Mariners last summer and when he came home from AAA Major this spring, he got a chance to play a couple games and go to every pratice with those guys. He said Itan wears a bright blue helmet and a mirored visor during pratices and some sick ass tricks up his sleeve. As mentioned he's one of the funniest and easiest guys to get along with on the team. Now if only he could develope some respect for the game.

There was a rumour going around that he was going to play pro hockey next year in England? I didn't know England had a pro league, so it may have been somewhere else.

He's doing some sessions for kids in Rotherham and Deeside.

Update- He was at a church thing a week or so ago. He went up and spoke, he spoke about how he had a dream of getting traded, and then when he woke up he phoned his Coach and his coach told him he was already traded(without him knowing) the night before. He is a real nice guy, fun to be around and is very comfortable in any situation.

this guy played ice hockey in my hometown. he played jr A and he lead the league in points i believe. not only does he have sick dangles. but he also carries a ton of swag. www.danglproductions.com is a little company that him and a fellow player own. he is a great guy. he was the biggest thing around here for a while.

I've never seen this guy play, so I have no idea how good he may or may not be, but generally college programs aren't scouting the MJAHL very heavily. If you look up and down US D1 rosters the bulk of the players will come from (in no particular order):

USHL

NAHL

EJHL

BCHL

OPJHL

AJHL

Minnesota High Schools

New England Preps

Midwest Preps

USNTDP

Obviously there will always be outliers, but I would guess if you take those 9 leagues and the US team you would get at least 85% of all D1 rosters, if not more.

I've never seen this guy play, so I have no idea how good he may or may not be, but generally college programs aren't scouting the MJAHL very heavily. If you look up and down US D1 rosters the bulk of the players will come from (in no particular order):

USHL

NAHL

EJHL

BCHL

OPJHL

AJHL

Minnesota High Schools

New England Preps

Midwest Preps

USNTDP

Obviously there will always be outliers, but I would guess if you take those 9 leagues and the US team you would get at least 85% of all D1 rosters, if not more.

The MJHL keeps up with you canadian jr. a leagues...the OPJHL, BCHL, AJHL and what not, and as you said, there is the odd player who does dominate and makes it places, and he is likely one of them.

sorry but i fail to see how this kid is special, i see kids in my area including myself pull all that nonsense on rollers all day...

Now if you say Gerbe from Boston, now we talking...

Unless theres a globetrotter team for hockey...

Omaha Ice Breakers!!! I'll get my coat.....

heard he's comin to HONG KONG to play in one of our tournaments in November. Hope he doesn't make us look TOO foolish..

how true is this? my team might join a roller hockey tournament in hongkong this november as well.

Update- He was at a church thing a week or so ago. He went up and spoke, he spoke about how he had a dream of getting traded, and then when he woke up he phoned his Coach and his coach told him he was already traded(without him knowing) the night before. He is a real nice guy, fun to be around and is very comfortable in any situation.

Are you sure this guy isn't jesus? He's in a church...he sees the future...he makes the NHL after playing mostly roller...I mean wow!!!...next thing you know he'll be walking on water and turning water into wine.

Are you sure this guy isn't jesus? He's in a church...he sees the future...he makes the NHL after playing mostly roller...I mean wow!!!...next thing you know he'll be walking on water and turning water into wine.

Well, ice is frozen water...so technically...

I haven't had to chance to watch this dude at NARCh yet but I heard he scored the game winner in the D1 finals tonight (7/23). I'll see if I can catch a pro game or something before its all over. My initial thoughts are that nothing he is doing in that video is all that special - and I've seen many roller players with some sick hands over the year. He's definitely good and has great hands, I'm just not convinced, from what I've seen, that he's that good.

I haven't had to chance to watch this dude at NARCh yet but I heard he scored the game winner in the D1 finals tonight (7/23). I'll see if I can catch a pro game or something before its all over. My initial thoughts are that nothing he is doing in that video is all that special - and I've seen many roller players with some sick hands over the year. He's definitely good and has great hands, I'm just not convinced, from what I've seen, that he's that good.

Itan's a great player. That's it. Just great. Not phenomenal, not fantastic, not superb, just great. I think there are just a few jocksniffers on this thread who think otherwise.

(This posting is not intended to be a knock on jocksniffing in general, as I have been labeled as such by my boss!)

From NARCh.com:

"Itan Chavira of the LA Pama Cyclones is in negotiation with an ice hockey team in Austria to play pro hockey this fall."

looks like he'll be starting in the coast this season. the new team, the ontario [california] reign, have him mentioned on the site. also hockeydb has him listed there.