Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PH_Hockey2

What skate brand do you stand by?

What skate brand do you stand by?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted CCM, but time will tell if Mission will become my brand for skates. The only problem i have right now is with the lack of rocker on the PITCH blade, what's the differce with the Prolite? 9ft radius vs 11ft?

I voted CCM, but time will tell if Mission will become my brand for skates. The only problem i have right now is with the lack of rocker on the PITCH blade, what's the differce with the Prolite? 9ft radius vs 11ft?

CCM is 10, mission is 11. I'm about to send some steel to JR to do a 9 front/11 back on my S500s. My sharpener doesn't have any way to attach jigs to do it.

I voted bauer. Only company that has ever worked great for me (very narrow feet and flat footed). Skating in XX's now but next year wanna try the new missions.

I have been in Bauers ever since they lauched the Vapor line. But, lately, the Graf G35s have caught my eye. Right now I am days away from getting myself another pair of skates, but I am in between the G35s and another pair of XXs. Right now I am still leaning towards the Vapors, but it might come down to a coin-toss.

I've skated CCM Tacks for the better part of 10 years. Tried Bauers once but they didn't feel right. For whatever reason, they felt wider than a CCM. I play inline and I don't care for CCM's inline skates but I've used a 752 and an 1152 boot and they fit me great. My only knock on the 1152 is the composite outsole is cracking and splintering so I may end up going with the fiberglass-soled 652s next.

Graf has grown on me the past half year or so. I like that I found a model that fit my strange feet very well (see my review). Graf seems stable enough that my favorite model won't be discontinued anytime soon should my boots wear out in the next couple of years. I skated on Missions for 3 years prior and loved their comfort, but they didn't fit me nearly as well.

at the moment im a graf guy theyre great but i have this itch to try somethin new, i hated vapor xx but 7000s worked good for me so i kinda wanna try 8090s, and like almost everyone else i kinda have the urge to try synergys. we'll see though im kinda scared to leave my 705s.

i like grafs ,ive never skated better since i got them last year so im sticking with them ,my lhs also has a sale on the 735's ,399$ i think its low ,a bit too low..... but as long as i have a warranty and a receipt im good :D

My LHS still has some old Daousts laying around. All sorts of sizes too, I understand they were the top model at the time too. I gotta say Grafs, got my second pair 3 days ago. I can't get over how comfy they are, honestly though my first ones were 502's, and going into 705's I notice a difference but not as much as I expected. Great skates.

i voted CCM.In my 10 year career they're the only skates i have ever used. Right now i'm skating in Vector 7's and love em'.The only one I didn't go near was the externo i absolutely hate those mothers.

Chadd,

How do the 8090's compare to Bauers 2090 roller hockey skate? are they based on the same skates or completely different. I was just curious if you knew that.

thanks

chris

As I understand, it's built from the same last. So the sizing and fit should be the same but I can't say anything about the stiffness or weight.