Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BackinAction

Winter Classic - Yankee Stadium

And the biggest complaint Mike Green could come up with against the game is that because of tradition, the last game played there should be a Yankee's game. Am I the only one who thinks that's a bad reason against it? Apparently, if the rest of the world thinks like ESPN.

Saturday it was Soldier Field...wonder how long it will take the NHL to exploit i.e. kill the hype surrounding outdoor events.

I think if I remember correctly after the game in Canada a couple years back when these talks first came up they said something yankee stadium's piping system was too old and wouldn't be able to handle the running water or something. I guess that information was incorrect hah.

I think if I remember correctly after the game in Canada a couple years back when these talks first came up they said something yankee stadium's piping system was too old and wouldn't be able to handle the running water or something. I guess that information was incorrect hah.

I think the original complaint was that the pipes that would be brought in for the rink would damage the field. That issue goes away since they are building a new stadium.

And the biggest complaint Mike Green could come up with against the game is that because of tradition, the last game played there should be a Yankee's game. Am I the only one who thinks that's a bad reason against it? Apparently, if the rest of the world thinks like ESPN.

I don't give two shits about the Yankees and I even I think it wouldn't seem right for the last game in Yankee Stadium to be a hockey game.

This game will happen and they will play the Bruins to spin-off the sox-yanks rivalry and try to get it to spill over to hockey.

That's not going to get good ratings then...nobody likes a scoreless game decided in the shootout.

I think they should definately do some sort of original six matchup.

They have already ruled out the isles and devils because they want to get another major media market involved.

So I'm thinking either Detroit, Boston or Anaheim/LA Kings

Possibly Chicago, but unlikely

I think if they're not doing a rivalry then the next best thing would be to involve a "non-traditional" team.

What, have them play the Canadiens alumni? Nothing is going to bring the NHL amazing ratings. Speculate away, but it's looking pretty bleak at the moment.

I think if they're not doing a rivalry then the next best thing would be to involve a "non-traditional" team.

What, have them play the Canadiens alumni? Nothing is going to bring the NHL amazing ratings. Speculate away, but it's looking pretty bleak at the moment.

Glad to see you understand what the term "non-traditional" refers to in the NHL. Thanks for playing.

This game will happen and they will play the Bruins to spin-off the sox-yanks rivalry and try to get it to spill over to hockey.

That's not going to get good ratings then...nobody likes a scoreless game decided in the shootout.

did you not watch that game? that was the new nhl at its finest, just no goals, up and down up and down, and both goalies were brick walls to say the least.. that game was an awesome game to watch..

did you not watch that game? that was the new nhl at its finest, just no goals, up and down up and down, and both goalies were brick walls to say the least.. that game was an awesome game to watch..

To you it was a good game because you actually understand hockey, but to the dumbwitted general public who couldn't pull their foot out of a toilet goals is what they want to see. A non-hockeyminded fan would probably prefer lots of goals and big hits (sort of a winter football game on ice pretty much)...

To you it was a good game because you actually understand hockey, but to the dumbwitted general public who couldn't pull their foot out of a toilet goals is what they want to see. A non-hockeyminded fan would probably prefer lots of goals and big hits (sort of a winter football game on ice pretty much)...

i dont know, if that was the first game ive ever seen id be pretty impressed with the goalies.. that game had everything but goals, and i think great goaltending surpassed that..

i agree with people saying the last game should be a yankees game, so how about shea? the same feeling might be there, but shea has alot less history then yankee stadium.

or if you are going to have an outdoor game, follow suit of other games, and do it in giant stadium, max fans!

i agree with people saying the last game should be a yankees game, so how about shea? the same feeling might be there, but shea has alot less history then yankee stadium.

or if you are going to have an outdoor game, follow suit of other games, and do it in giant stadium, max fans!

for all the people that do not live around NYC. Giants stadium is a pain in the ass to get to from LI and CT. Some parts of NJ is not that bad but getting out is a bitch. If its at yankee stadium at least we got mass transit

Do it at Shea, nobody cares about that place, let them get some money at the eggplant abomination before it closes.