Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

3rd Jerseys for 2008-2009

2886216733_ee2e6ff822.jpg

here's a good look at the jerseys as seen on the Empty netters blog.

From left to right, Andrei Kostitsyn and Tomas Plekanec are in the Eastern and Western conference all-star jerseys which are ugly as usual. Saku Koivu is in the 1909-10 jersey. Patrice Brisebois is sporting the 1910-11 jersey. Alex Kovalev has the 1912-13 jersey. Roman Hamrlik is rocking the 1915-16 jersey. Mathieu Dandenault is in the 1945-46 jersey. And finally Mike Begin is wearing the 1970-71 jersey.

How is the 1970-71 jersey any different from their regular ones?

Also, in the slideshow, I noticed that the 1945-46, and 1912-13 jerseys are not Edge cut - Scandal!

... Furthermore, I don't even really like the Canadiens, but I may have to buy a couple of those just on the grounds that they're really sharp. Has it been announced whether or not these will even be available retail? The Sabres/Penguins Winter Classic jerseys didn't come out retail, did they?

Put me down for a vote of "brutal" on those all star jerseys. Five dollars to the first pro sports league to come up with decent all star game uniforms.

The pens baby blue came out retail, plenty of people had them. There was an entire section on shop.nhl.com devoted to winter classic gear. They had Pens and Sabres.

Question: In NHL 2009 by EA you can see people sitting in the stands during pens games with baby blue jerseys on so is that the pens third they're showing by accident or what, because as of right now you cannot pick the winter classic jersey for the Penguins but there is a spot for an alternate..

As for the ASG jerseys, I think the red one is okay. The white one is not so good. I think when Atlanta runs that different colored sleeve it looks good, but the color selection is much better as well.

The pens baby blue came out retail, plenty of people had them. There was an entire section on shop.nhl.com devoted to winter classic gear. They had Pens and Sabres.

Were they the Edge style ones? I know both of those jerseys have been at retail in the past under the Vintage Hockey line they had out with CCM (on the slideshow with the new Habs jerseys, the 1945-46 jersey appears to be one of those ones with a new patch stuck on the shoulder), but I didn't think they released those as Edge/Premier style.

I'm no Habs fan, but am a HUGE fan of the 1910-1911 jerseys. Red, green, and white are classy colours in my opinion.

Absolutely. I long for the days of the original Devils jersey's.

Not sure if this was posted, mods can delete if it was..

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f14/off...-season-103643/

Found this on another message board and apparantly someone 'in the know' got a hold of this...

who knows. Some are interesting though

Doesn't mean anything. Those were rendered based on what they heard they would look like - and every one that they have put on there that has been released has something wrong with it. Other than BUF/STL, the Bruins didn't have the hem stripe and Carolina did not have stars in theirs.

For the sake of everything good and holy with hockey, do NOT let Phoenix, Ottawa or Tampa have logos that look ANYTHING like those.

I'm really praying that the Senators reconsider writing "Sens" on the front, and having the letters go in the wrong direction. When it was rumored to be a gold jersey, I was somewhat intrigued, and I kind of think a gold jersey would actually be better than what they end up with. I wish they'd go to a version of their pre-EDGE black third, or the black road jersey circa the early 90's.

Good to see the old school Buffalo Jersey is back. I'm a big fan of the old jerseys. I'm liking the Blues third Jersey too.

Bring back the old Vancouver, Penguins, Nordiques and Winnipeg Jerseys... oh, and some teams to go with the last two :P

I really like that LA jersey. Bringing back the oldschool colors. nice.

How can you complain about the bolts, sens and coyotes jerseys when clearly the ugliest one on that page was the Thrashers jersey. I could live with the others, but I can't watch the Thrashers play if thats what their real jersey is going to look like.

I really like that LA jersey. Bringing back the oldschool colors. nice.

How can you complain about the bolts, sens and coyotes jerseys when clearly the ugliest one on that page was the Thrashers jersey. I could live with the others, but I can't watch the Thrashers play if thats what their real jersey is going to look like.

The Thrashers logo is fine, though I admit it looks like they used one of those women's replica jerseys as the shape template. Hideous jersey, but the logo is so so.

The 3 I mentioned are OK jerseys, but the LOGOS are downright disgusting. How is "SENS" going bottom to top anywhere near a good idea, especially in such shitty font? The "BOLTS" is almost as bad. Nicknames don't go on jerseys like that. You don't see one of Montreal's with "HABS" in fugly text. The Coyotes look like RedHounds (Greyhound bus logo in red), and it's just a horrible idea to put a plain, lone coyote on the chest. Animal shapes aren't main logos, they're shoulder patches, if that.

At least the Avalanche's old Bigfoot 3rd logo wasn't something like a footsoldier from TMNT.

Since that awful "SENS" thing is going in the wrong direction, it kind of looks like it's supposed to say "SNES" - i.e. Super Nintendo.