Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scores

Reebok Hockey

Rumour has it that the new helmet from the Hockey Company will be branded Reebok!

There are already Reebok gloves on some players (Crosby in Sherbrooke 'out of breath tourney')...

Is there a Reebok skate in the works????

I am excited about Reebok entering the Hockey Market...rev it up!

Haha I'm waiting for Reebok to come out with a "G-unit" line for hockey. Imagine that, the skates would have spinners lol. :rolleyes: All we can really hope for is that they dont flop with this one. I heard theyre going to be marketing majorly at the World cup of hockey.

Haha I'm waiting for Reebok to come out with a "G-unit" line for hockey. Imagine that, the skates would have spinners lol. :rolleyes: All we can really hope for is that they dont flop with this one. I heard theyre going to be marketing majorly at the World cup of hockey.

JR and I were talking about this a while ago, spinners in the circles on the t'blades.

I get a kick following all the equipment mergers and acquisitions. I wonder how distinct Reebok will be from CCM. To me, it seems Bauer and Nike are keeping kind of separate -- especially on the skate side, but on the protective side I now see a bunch of "air" technology in Bauer equipment, specifically pants and gloves.

It will be interesting to follow -- just don't mess with my Tack skates as it took me forever to find something that fits!

I get a kick following all the equipment mergers and acquisitions. I wonder how distinct Reebok will be from CCM. To me, it seems Bauer and Nike are keeping kind of separate -- especially on the skate side, but on the protective side I now see a bunch of "air" technology in Bauer equipment, specifically pants and gloves.

It will be interesting to follow -- just don't mess with my Tack skates as it took me forever to find something that fits!

Well, remember back in the day whey CCM came out with the 652 "pump" tacks? That was when they experimented with a partnership with Reebok in answer to Nike first getting into hockey.

does anyone know of a picture of crosby's gloves that we can see??

and yes, im new...

I don't think people here will have a pic of his gloves, because I think he just wore them at the Sherbrooke tournament and not at the LA Kings camp...

I took them in my hands, lol I have a pic in my heads...

Yes, word on the street is that Crosby will be the first to wear the Reebok skates.

I know someone who has seen Crosby recently - says the Reebok gloves look like Jofas with the Reebok logo on them.

Yes, word on the street is that Crosby will be the first to wear the Reebok skates.

I know someone who has seen Crosby recently - says the Reebok gloves look like Jofas with the Reebok logo on them.

I woudn't be surprised if they pulled out a Nike, lol. They just sew a Swoosh on the bauer stuff when they came in the market, well that's what they did with Sundin.

Jofa eh...very interesting. Although big in Europe, Jofa isn't a big brand here in North America so I wonder if Reebok will jump all over that and take over.

I know Jofa has good NHL penetration for under uniform protective gear, but hey all the glory (and cashola) is in the stuff that you can see when the players are on the ice. That would make a lot of sense.

But that still leaves them out of the skate department. To me CCM equals Tacks so if it aint broke don't fix it. Vector skates seem to be doing well so that's a good line as well. Hmmm no room for Reebok there. Time to dust off the old Koho non-goalie skates.

When Jofa was Sweedish, did they ever make skates?

I was too young to know what the differences were at the time, but what was different between the CF Custom Fit 652s and the Vaku Tacks? I had the customs back then and they were good till I had the short-lived Daousts and then moved onto Grafs.

Yeah I know,

There was a NHL logo(where I put a circle in pink) like in the back of the helmet, but it was sew after like if someone put his name on his gloves

5616.jpg

They were all blue and white.

The Reebok Pump was a licensed technology. It had nothing to do with Nike's purchase of Bauer. If my memory serves me correct Darren Turcotte of the NY Rangers was the first to wear the CCM 652 with a pump. Might have been '92 or '93. I seem to recall a big deal in Nov. 1992 with Turcotte.

I wore a pair of '94 652 instant pump's, which had pumps in the tongue and ankle area. They had to take the pumps out of the tongues in later models because they found it cut off circulation in the foot.

The Reebok Pump was a licensed technology. It had nothing to do with Nike's purchase of Bauer.

I think we all know that Nike and Reebok are seperrate companies, I don't see the point of that sentence.

D3nZ,

the sentence had to do with this comment

Well, remember back in the day whey CCM came out with the 652 "pump" tacks? That was when they experimented with a partnership with Reebok in answer to Nike first getting into hockey.