Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Another gem from JR's custom shop

let me know... i'll be the guinea pig. nothing more remote than Perth. Think drilling a hole from Chicago thru the centre of the earth, you'll end up about 20km out of the Perth city center.

dont lie, you just have a foot fettish

lol :lol:

hey JR is there any chance i can look what the forms look like? i'm always interested in these options and stuff...do u also have custom stick forms?

When are you going to be able to do the new black flexlites?

Are they cheaper like the old 12's

I know some guys got their custom 12's done for less than 500

let me know... i'll be the guinea pig. nothing more remote than Perth. Think drilling a hole from Chicago thru the centre of the earth, you'll end up about 20km out of the Perth city center.

Funny when I get the money to go to OZ thats actually where I want to go. Little desire to see sydney. Alll the pics I have seen of Perth show it to be a great and unique city. Want to go during AFL season and watch a game. hopefully against the crows. Cant wait till february to start watching again.

JR do you have any recommendations on the best place to find Tuuk Custom + holders in 288 or 296? Im thinking of switching my grafs to tuuks. Come to think of it, did you do anything with the holders off these skates?

I am waiting for the new Reebok/CCM order form to come out, they are working on a detailed one.

just in time for my trip to Tampa! :) :) :)

JR do you have any recommendations on the best place to find Tuuk Custom + holders in 288 or 296? Im thinking of switching my grafs to tuuks. Come to think of it, did you do anything with the holders off these skates?

You just need a set of 296mm Tuuk C+s?

I have the set from Drew's skates here. Pay him whatever he wants and I'll mail em off to ya. I can't rivet right now - the shop where I do my rivet work, their riveter is messed up.

I have the set from Drew's skates here. Pay him whatever he wants and I'll mail em off to ya. I can't rivet right now - the shop where I do my rivet work, their riveter is messed up.

Well i wear a size 10 graf 727. Some sites tell me I need 296, others say 288. Can you shed some light?

Well i wear a size 10 graf 727. Some sites tell me I need 296, others say 288. Can you shed some light?

nevermind i just checked my skates and they are 288

Funny when I get the money to go to OZ thats actually where I want to go. Little desire to see sydney. Alll the pics I have seen of Perth show it to be a great and unique city. Want to go during AFL season and watch a game. hopefully against the crows. Cant wait till february to start watching again.

Maybe before you come I can get some shite sent to you to bring over :rolleyes:

Coincidence, but I was at the Crows-Eagles game last year. Sat about 6 rows from the footy oval. A colleague of mine has some season tickets, and his wife and parents decided to stay home that weekend. First time watching a footy game live, and I must say that I was really impressed. You can literally hear the players hitting each other with elbows, forearms etc. The only thing I felt that was odd was that the crowd was really subdued... I'm used to hearing all the verbal abuse that people hurl at the players, but the crowd was really supportive of the players.

Btw, Kings Park and the Botanical Gardens are basically gone now... savage bush fire razed thru that area pretty quick. Arson it seems.

JR - how long are you away from getting those forms? Any chance you want to try some remote fitting?

THe problem with it all is that I don't get compensated in any way when I do these fittings - I no longer work in a store. For me to do what I can do in terms of remote fittings, would require an investment on my part. It may take the price of the skate to another level, not sure how many people are willing to pay on top of the skate cost for a spec overview/recommendation fee and the materials.

Its hard to say what is reasonable as I doubt many of us know what is actually involved.

Its not a small job by any means.

I would expect for those in the US its better to jump on a plane and have a small holiday. For international peeps, it becomes worthwhile. When there arent many international peeps, understandably, its not worth the investment on your part (and it would be completely unreasonable to ask you to do so).

any recomendations for my new pair of customs? i dont flop becasue i play inline but whats the most comfortabe tougne? also i would like to go barefoot so what liner is most barefoot friendly. i like really stiff skates so im going to up the stiffness. and get any goodies that are available. any suggestions? also i got quoted about 725 for a pair of customs. is that fair from what everyone else has been paying?

thanks

THe problem with it all is that I don't get compensated in any way when I do these fittings - I no longer work in a store. For me to do what I can do in terms of remote fittings, would require an investment on my part. It may take the price of the skate to another level, not sure how many people are willing to pay on top of the skate cost for a spec overview/recommendation fee and the materials.

I compensated you with some good ole Chick-Fil-A bro!

And I tried really hard to slide you some cash too.

Next time you should take it....your time and expertise is worth it.

JR, I think it's time we start our own skate company. We need to be the first ones to build only custom fitted skates. Every customer is sent a casting kit. They can send us back a mold of each foot and whatever details, and within a week or two the new skates are on the doorstep.

one95.th.jpg

Just got my customs in yesterday.

NBH Supreme One95. Size L9EA R9.25EA. Level 4 stiffness. Double Stiching. Increased Volume. Reinforced Eyelets. Extra Thick White Felt Tougne. I think thats all we did, JR said he had the spec sheets. They are the best things that have ever been on my feet minus one hot spot on the top of my left foot from the tougne, but itll will wear in for sure.