Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamhystyk

Got My RBK Edge socks Yesterday questions?

Tried out the EDGE socks yesterday. Didn't really notice much of a difference. At first they felt cooler around the thighs cause of the mesh, but I didn't notice it after a while. I did notice they don't soak up ice/water like the wool socks too. Regardless, they look cool. I'd like to try a pair of the smaller pro stock ones and see how they feel.

I'm glad this thread got bumped. I've been looking at getting a pair of RBK Edge socks and was wondering about which size to get. I'm about 5'9.5" and wear 14" shin pads. With regular adult knitted socks the size are about perfect after they shrink a bit. I e-mailed IW and Hockey Monkey and both suggested to stick with adult size Edge socks but I wasn't convinced yet.

I just got a pair of edge socks this week to go with my beer league team colors (Washington Caps), I'm 5'7 ~130, skinny build and so I went with the junior/youth size. The width is nice, they're snug without being too tight (I wear 14" Jofa 9040 shins) but it would be great if they were 2-4" longer. I guess I need to keep an eye on ebay looking for some Caps pro edges in size L.

Sizing aside I like the socks so far though I've only played on game in them up to date. They seem to do a better job of keeping the flap above the knee cap of the shin guard from "tucking" the bottom of your pants in after skating with a good knee bend or even just sitting on the bench.

How much smaller are the retail JR sizes compared to SR? I've only used CCM knit socks so far with a Bauer yellow mesh jock and I always end up with about 10" of extra sock past the velcro point. It ends up bunching between my thighs and crotch area and it's a bit annoying. I'm ~5'10", 165lbs, using 14" Bauer One15 shins. Can anyone say if they'll be too short or tight to use? I prefer a nice snug fit around my shinpads. Thanks.

I have pairs in both Junior and Senior sizes. I'm 5'8", 145lbs, and I wear 14" Jofa 5090 shins. On me, the Senior size fits big but is not too baggy. There is definitely a little play left in them over my shins, but I tape my shins down over the socks so they stay put.

The Junior size fits, but its basically just on the edge of looking and feeling weird. The length is ok for me--the velco comes up high enough to stay on the pads on my shorts, but girth-wise, its pretty tight. If you like the sung fit, it may work for you, but it will look really tight. Your One15 shin are probably more tapered than my Jofas though, so it may work for you. In the end, I prefer the Senior fit.

In any event, check out the 2011 Reebok catalogue--RBK is releasing the Edge sock in an Intermediate size this year.

I,m 5 10" and 175lbs....I use 14" bauer shin pads, and a fellow has a pr of XL Pro series Reebok edge socks for sale..am I going to be swimming? Any input on what size I may need, im not a sock guy.....have been wearing track pants over shins for years.

Thanks for any input!

Cheers!

I'm alternating 2 pairs I got from the Habs/Bulldogs last Spring. They had quite a few team repairs/small tears in them when I bought them...but I haven't noticed any new damage to them.

Hey Radiogaga, was wondering.....how much do they cost through the bulldogs? Have a chance to get Edge Pro stock in X large for $25 used?? Seems pricey to me?

Thanks

I think the Large would work for you. I use XL and I'm 6'1". I'd like to try XL+ if anyone fancies a trade, I've got Coyotes game-used to trade.

Also, you can find many pairs of edge game used socks on ebay for +/- $20, just search for "edge socks' or 'rbk socks'.

Hey Radiogaga, was wondering.....how much do they cost through the bulldogs? Have a chance to get Edge Pro stock in X large for $25 used?? Seems pricey to me?

Thanks

Sorry to bump an old Topic, but I was wondering if anyone had tried the intermediate edge retail's. I wear a prostock L and the retail adults are way to big for my liking. I was wondering if the intermediates would be good for me or not.