Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamhystyk

Got My RBK Edge socks Yesterday questions?

Hockey Giant has them for $20. I've been using the swift socks for a couple of months so I prefer the tight, snug fit. I'm 6 ft 190, bought the adult size and my reaction was the same as the others-these things look gigantic. When I put them up to the Swift sock you could almost wrap the RBK sock around the Swift. But then I put on my 14 inch Stealth S9 shin pads and they fit snug, much like the swift sock. Not as tight as swift but tighter than the traditional hockey sock. And for $20 you can't go wrong.

Also got 2 retail pairs today and holy geez are they ever HUGE. Just took a look at them again just now and I just laughed when I looked at them. They look like they were made for 6'5" guys...I'm 5"10 and use 14" pads are I'm floating around in them. Material is really awesome though. I'll have to try them out Thursday for my game. And what's even worse, is that I had to get 2 pairs of Sens colors so they can match our jerseys. Never thought I'd own anything Sens related. Brutal! :o

I'm actually glad to hear they are on the long side. I hate short socks. It's a lot easier to make them shorter if they are too long, than to try to make them longer and fit tall people.

I may opt for the junior size from what I'm hearing.

I'm using the jr's, but I'm playing goal and only 5'9". For goalies 5'11' and under, I would say they will be perfect, they fit snug to the leg and no loose material to interfere with pad rotation. I wear a brace under one of them and there still was plenty of room, they didn't feel too tight, so I'm sure a shin pad would fit ok.

I stole mine from the shop I work at, so I got them at a good price. <_<

In Toronto Majer Hockey has them, I saw Leafs, Canucks, Sens, Habs, Rangers and Pens......

Adults are wider than normal socks by inch each side but length is the same..........

Every RBK dealer should have them by now, unless of course they didn't order any.

Alright. Places around here don't stock a ton of RBK stuff but I'll check. I just talked to Hockey Giant and they said they should have almost all of the teams by the end of next week.

I've worn my Edge socks two skates now. They already have a hole (about 2 in. in diameter) above the knee. I couldn't believe they ripped already. Anyone else facing this problem? Is it normal? Thanks.

i have a bunch of pairs of the nhl edge socks (both practice and game). i prefer the game ones over the practice ones because of the mesh in the back of the practice socks rubs against my bare legs and causes irritation. they fit pretty snug in a size large (im 5'8 and use 14" rbk 6k shinnys). the bottom fits better then the traditional socks did. maybe the ones that stores sell are made out of a different material which seems stretched out. wash them once before you wear them to see what happens.

yeah man, I have rips in both my pairs of socks after only one or 2 games in each.

What piles of garbage. I like my swift socks way better anyways.

I've been wearing my flames edge for about 3 weeks now and none have rips, or tears, maybe the retail ones are made differently

I'm alternating 2 pairs I got from the Habs/Bulldogs last Spring. They had quite a few team repairs/small tears in them when I bought them...but I haven't noticed any new damage to them.

Mine were from the Grand Rapids Griffins. There were a couple tiny holes, I wore them for probably 10 games, anand I didn't notice anything. I wonder if the pro ones are dmore durable that retail. Where did you get yours?

i have a bunch of pairs of the nhl edge socks (both practice and game). i prefer the game ones over the practice ones because of the mesh in the back of the practice socks rubs against my bare legs and causes irritation. they fit pretty snug in a size large (im 5'8 and use 14" rbk 6k shinnys). the bottom fits better then the traditional socks did. maybe the ones that stores sell are made out of a different material which seems stretched out. wash them once before you wear them to see what happens.

Where would one find some of the practice edge socks? Pro sales?

I think I read this somewhere, I could be wrong. BUT, do the Edge socks attach into the 9k pants?

I think I read this somewhere, I could be wrong. BUT, do the Edge socks attach into the 9k pants?

I believe the velcro on retail EDGE socks correspond with a tab on 9K pants. Pro EDGE have no velcro.

Where would one find some of the practice edge socks? Pro sales?

i got em from the sabres. they were sellin em in the arena's store for dirt cheap so i picked up a bunch of pairs, got lucky about the praccys though. i go with just my jock (shorts not full length pants) and the white meshing on the back is kinda itchy.