Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamhystyk

Got My RBK Edge socks Yesterday questions?

I must be missing something ?? I got my rbk edge socks yesterday and these things are enormous!!!! Im 5'11 and these things are longer than my legs??? I played in them tonight and the fit super loose in every aspect!! and dont hold my shins tight at all? they are 100 % polyester so I dont think they shrink? Im a little dissappointed in the way they fit. I did like how light they were and they are very breatheable. Just too loose around my shins and way too long!! Im used to my mesh socks being tight on my shins, I wear 15" one 70 shins so they arent that small of a shin guard. I guess I might just have to order a junior version and see what happens. Anyone else have this issue with these socks?

I have a pr of XL+ EDGE and you have to garter them...really low, right above the knee.

Once I figured that out and clear taped by the ankles they fit fine.

Mine are pretty loose - they aren't tapered like knit socks.

JR How much smaller are we talking in the juniors? have you seen the retail versions yet? they have a big velcro part coming off the top of the sock. I believe the pro version is very different. I think I could fit my whole body in one sock!! lol

How close are those to actual Edge socks? The site description says they are "Inspired by the NHL Rbk EDGE Uniform". Reminds me of those cologne clones you find in Walgreen's: "Smells like Giorgio".

Maybe theres different versions of the sock going around but i have a bunch of pro Edge socks in sizes L and XL and the seem to fit pretty snug.. I wear a 16" shin pad and im 6' and the XL edge socks sucks up right to my shin...Either theres different versions or you guys need to put on a few pounds.

Im 6'2" , and I have a pair of XL+ with some 16" Pro Tacks pads and they fit perfectly fine.

I also have XL pair, but their too short for me.

Maybe theres different versions of the sock going around but i have a bunch of pro Edge socks in sizes L and XL and the seem to fit pretty snug.. I wear a 16" shin pad and im 6' and the XL edge socks sucks up right to my shin...Either theres different versions or you guys need to put on a few pounds.

I have the XL+ which are bigger and wider.

I dont have any Edge socks :( But all the ones Ive seen fit snuggly.

Someone wanna sell a pair of the black practice ones? :)

I have a pr of XL+ EDGE and you have to garter them...really low, right above the knee.

Once I figured that out and clear taped by the ankles they fit fine.

so they don't velcro onto jocks ?

Pro EDGE doesnt have velcro and won't stick to velcro like knit does. Retail will have velcro, like swift.

well knit socks don't have velcro either.

I'm just asking if they stick to the velcro on jocks like the knit ones do.

or must you wear a garter if you want to use the pro edge socks.

well knit socks don't have velcro either.

I'm just asking if they stick to the velcro on jocks like the knit ones do.

or must you wear a garter if you want to use the pro edge socks.

Pro EDGE doesnt have velcro and won't stick to velcro like knit does. Retail will have velcro, like swift.

Where can I find the EDGE socks on-line?

Any RBK dealer, including your LHS, can order them for you.

As far as I can tell the retail Edges only come in senior and junior, no XL's or any other choices in sizes. The jr's are 24", the sr's are 30". The ones we have here in the store are not unusually big and seem like they should fit any leg with shins snuggly.

I cant tell you whether they are worth the cost(its your money). But the pro EDGE sock is MUCH better than knit and MUCH better than swift. I'd prefer to not go back to either. EDGE is great.

how much are these RBK socks, and are they worth it?

Well, senior regular hockey socks sell for about $12 and the Edges go for $20, so that's only an $8 difference between old school and new school. Not a big outlay for a little more coolness, lightness and wicking technology.