Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamhystyk

Got My RBK Edge socks Yesterday questions?

Where can I get a pair of these?

The shops I occassionallly visit say they cant get them right now and wont be availible until end of July.

I just want a black and white pair of teh practice socks.

I cant tell you whether they are worth the cost(its your money). But the pro EDGE sock is MUCH better than knit and MUCH better than swift. I'd prefer to not go back to either. EDGE is great.

What are the advantages to them? I like knit socks just fine. I don't think i would really notice weight because its not like it feels like your skating with weights on your legs becuase of the knit socks.

They're tight and they're cooler. Their advantage over swift is that they aren't THAT tight and they don't feel cheaply made... also, they slide better. You don't have the death slide of swift but it's faster than knit.

Slide as on ice or when putting them on?

They're tight and they're cooler. Their advantage over swift is that they aren't THAT tight and they don't feel cheaply made... also, they slide better. You don't have the death slide of swift but it's faster than knit.

Picked up a couple pairs of large pro Edge socks at the Sharks equipment sale today for $15/pop. They fit snug but not tight on me; was kind of hoping they'd be tight enough where I might be able to get away with not wearing tape. Going to try and sew some velcro on instead of buying a garter.

Does anyone have the retail version of the Edge socks with the velcro piece on the front? I just got them and find they don't stay up very well, especially in the back since there is no velcro there. Even the front, I think the velcro is sewed on too high and doesn't really stick to the shockdoctor shorts. Am I missing something or is it best just to garter them?

The Velcro tab is made to fit, yes, you guessed it, the 9k pant. There's a Velcro tab on the pant that is there to hold up socks.

It was not designed for jock shorts in mind, so unless you have a 9k pant, your best option is to either sew Velcro lower on the sock, or just garter it.

How selfish of them, may pick up some of these I'm really liking some of the color combo's.

JR what are you opinions on these compared to the Swift as I recall you using them.

The Velcro tab is made to fit, yes, you guessed it, the 9k pant. There's a Velcro tab on the pant that is there to hold up socks.

It was not designed for jock shorts in mind, so unless you have a 9k pant, your best option is to either sew Velcro lower on the sock, or just garter it.

Well that makes sense now. Good excuse to get some new pants :lol: Although 9k is probably overkill for mens league. I guess I'll just pick up a garter belt.

Thanks for the info.

I have both the swift and Edge, I find the material on the Edge a bit more workable, not as confined as the swift around the shins. But I love them both, I really didn't think a sock would make that much of a difference, but they do.

I picked up two pairs of large game-worn Blackhawks RBK EDGE socks here locally. I love them... They aren't loose at all. I'm still desperately looking for practice versions of these socks, however. Specifically black/white and white/red. If anyone knows of where to get these colors, I would love to know!

I actually sewed the extra part of velcro higher on my jock shorts and the socks stay up higher and tighter than previous. They are available at any hockey retailer I ordered 6 pairs and they came in 5 business days

I asked them last week and was told that solid colors will be in the future, no date given. Too bad they don't have them now.

Also got 2 retail pairs today and holy geez are they ever HUGE. Just took a look at them again just now and I just laughed when I looked at them. They look like they were made for 6'5" guys...I'm 5"10 and use 14" pads are I'm floating around in them. Material is really awesome though. I'll have to try them out Thursday for my game. And what's even worse, is that I had to get 2 pairs of Sens colours so they can match our jerseys. Never thought I'd own anything Sens related. Brutal! :o

there's a hugeeee difference between the senior and junior, i bought the senior ones and they were huge for me so i tryed to return them thinking the 6 inch difference with the juniors shouldnt be too much, opened a junior package...holy moly was it ever small and no way could it fit me, i'm 5'10 and wear 14 inch pads. Luckily i stitched on a velcro on the back of the sock so it would stick on both sides of my jock, tighten up the socks on the shin pads, taped up the socks and the socks look beautiful, they do sag at the top but the pant hides it all. love the socks, def. can feel a difference, only problem is they tear pretty easily.