Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

Quick question...I finally played NHL08 on an X-Box 360 (I have it on PS2). The game play, controls, and physics BLOW AWAY the PS2 version.

I am going to buy either a 360 or PS3...does the PS3 version of play exactly the same as the 360 version, b/c I loved the way the 360 played.

Thanks!

Quick question...I finally played NHL08 on an X-Box 360 (I have it on PS2). The game play, controls, and physics BLOW AWAY the PS2 version.

I am going to buy either a 360 or PS3...does the PS3 version of play exactly the same as the 360 version, b/c I loved the way the 360 played.

Thanks!

yeah but for 08 the ps3 version runs at 30fps so it's choppy

that's fixed for 09 though, ps3 and 360 will play the same

Thanks!

09 should play simular for ps3 since the fps are 60. 08 played different because the FPS was higher on the 360

Sign me up.

I can't believe EA actually did something as good as this for a hockey game. In my opinion this is the best feature they have came up with for this game.

I just had a scary thought...

They say in the vid they willl be giving away a real cup to the champs of EA Hockey League right? The scouting could get silly.

I could see some people being compensated to join certain teams. I can't guess at how they'd be compensated or, if it's just money, how much, but I could definitely see it happening.

I'm not saying it'll be mainstream, but I bet it happens to a degree...

For the Rangers those are just about the same rating for everyone as last year, cept they made Zherdev slower...Why do they make Dubinsky so slow, or even Staal. I swear sometimes they don't watch these players play when they give the ratings.

Who does the ratings on this game why did Doug Murray go down? He played his best last season and he goes down 5 points???/?
One thing these ratings are lacking is an overall rating -- at this stage of the game, EA's still tweaking the game and its AI, which affects the overall ratings to the point where they're not ready to be confirmed. We've provided over a dozen ratings, however, for each player. As a quick key, those ratings for skaters are:

and StatsPro does EA's player ratings.

Fighting video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38271.html

I've got to admit they are really building on a good base here. Hopefully more of the players lok like themselves this season.

I love how Gary Thorne still can't pronounce names right. Kalinin is killanin? really.

And when Matt Carle is out there he says Carly

I've got to admit they are really building on a good base here. Hopefully more of the players lok like themselves this season.

I agree, it seems like they made 3 or 4 people on a team look like themselves, then didn't really bother with the rest.

The mispronunciation of names last year got pretty annoying as well.