Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

The best thing I could find so far about the demo is the FMV highlights on the ice in the pre-game ceremonies. That was awesome....I've been missing that stuff since the old EA NHL intros, like these ones -

Right on. Does anybody know why EA stopped the FMV intro's? I mean, who DIDN'T like that?

So, from what I can tell the demo is out for the PS3 right now in USA/Canada? Sweet, got to get home and dload that bad boy. I think this is the first time the PSN has one-upped Live on something that I care about.

The best thing I could find so far about the demo is the FMV highlights on the ice in the pre-game ceremonies. That was awesome....I've been missing that stuff since the old EA NHL intros, like these ones -

Right on. Does anybody know why EA stopped the FMV intro's? I mean, who DIDN'T like that?

It's pretty costly for the game companies to get the rights to NHL footage for in-game usage. I was SHOCKED when I saw it in the demo for 2K9 and I asked my buddy about it (2K9 asst. producer) and he said he was pretty surprised a few months ago when he heard they got it. I can't believe EA didn't do it too.....maybe next year.

Gotta love xbox. Mine froze playing last night so i turned it off and on a couple times and sho nuff' the red ring of death. Guess ill be sending it out for my third one.

I'm still crap at the game, but it's fun. I am completely terrible scoring, especially when my team is shooting on the 'bottom' of the screen, I have to see if there is some way to invert the shooting controls on the full version.

The Be A Star mode or whatever they call it is really fun.

My biggest gripe about the game continues to be that passes, specifically outlet passes, are far far too slow.

It's pretty costly for the game companies to get the rights to NHL footage for in-game usage. I was SHOCKED when I saw it in the demo for 2K9 and I asked my buddy about it (2K9 asst. producer) and he said he was pretty surprised a few months ago when he heard they got it. I can't believe EA didn't do it too.....maybe next year.

Interesting point, I wonder how/if that changes on games that have the ESPN branding like I think some of the 2K products do.

I'm still crap at the game, but it's fun. I am completely terrible scoring, especially when my team is shooting on the 'bottom' of the screen, I have to see if there is some way to invert the shooting controls on the full version.

Just go to options , camera or visual options and turn it to Always up if your the home team or always down ( for away) to change the camera views , should help you out

My biggest gripe about the game continues to be that passes, specifically outlet passes, are far far too slow.

Interesting point, I wonder how/if that changes on games that have the ESPN branding like I think some of the 2K products do.

You can

goto Settings>Controls> and change Camera Relative to Always Up. Unfortunately some genius decided to make it so that when you deke left your player dekes right (only when you shoot down though) unlike 08 where it was perfectly fine.

You can

goto Settings>Controls> and change Camera Relative to Always Up. Unfortunately some genius decided to make it so that when you deke left your player dekes right (only when you shoot down though) unlike 08 where it was perfectly fine.

You've got to be kidding. But going up works fine, right?

My friend and I were playing and one of our controllers had the same problem. So we checked the controls, its just because its the demo. You can change the controls to always up [we were playing 2 player] but cant change the camera from alternating to always up. It's only cuz you play one period anyway. In the full game there won't be any problems because you can change the camera from alternating to always up and the controls too. Hope that clears any confusion up.

Now onto my first impression. WOAH. I didnt think after 08 they'd be able to top themselves but they did. Hitting seems much more realistic because [and im not sure if anyone else noticed this too] it seemed like if i was skating backwards to line up a hipcheck not only did i have to throw the skill stick towards the player i actually had to use the left stick to change my players direction, unlike last year where you threw the skill stick towards the player and your player sent the others on some wild ride. The one handed dekes are cool too and i like being able to streak up the wing pushing the puck in front of you instead of skating with both hands stickhandling the whole way. All in all I CANT WAIT FOR THE FULL VERSION!! Hahah

in be a pro mode i dont like how the camera gets all dizzying when you skate behind the net,

Yeah, I don't like that either. I hope there's an option to turn that off in the full game.

I preordered the game on Amazon for my ps3, hopefully it will arrive sometime next week. :)

You can

You've got to be kidding. But going up works fine, right?

yeah that one's fine

i hope in the full version it's not like that

Got a chance to play the demo for a few minutes this morning. Didn't even waste my time on regular game mode and went straight to be a pro. The first thing that impressed me was the graphics, the uniforms and all of the equipment detail really stands out on a 1080 HD so there will be plenty for us MSH gear whores to gawk at. Game play seemed faster, cleaner and more technical. It took a second to get used to be a pro and not trying to control the rest of the team. Only thing I can say is this game is going to take up a lot of my free time in the winter.

How do you do one handed dekes on ps3?

Pull the puck to the backhand and roll the stick down wards and then press L1.

Or for a lefty pull the stick down to 5 oclock for a righty pull down to 7 oclock.

i downloaded the demo last night and it was sweet

my only problem with this game was how easily crosby scored whenever i shot from arounud the circles he scored

and the hitting on this game is so much better than 08

im gonna preorder mine tonight

I just picked up NHL08 at a store here for $9.99. Brand new, sealed. It was weird because their used section had it at $44.99. Figured I should expand my collection, even though I don't particularly care for it.