Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GekigangarIII

Geki's WCOH new equipment update!

Dang! didn't think this post would blow up this much! The pics will be up shortly, I've had a busy day, sorry for the delay.

Oh, come on, its Christmas here today ;)

LOL... while my wife is finishing the thumbnails for the pics I'll just give some info for you guys. *(it's done now, check the bottom for link)

None of the stealths that I saw were grip. Several players were using them. They were black on one end (butt) and metallic blue on the blade side. They had the US flag on the front of the shaft. Very sharp looking stick indeed.

The Synergy for the WHOC/US was really cool. It was *chrome* it was reflecting everything and had the writing in metallic blue with the half circles in blue as well, the easton logo was in red. Some guys had syntehsis versions of the chrome in red, though they were labeled "synergy".

The Reebok skate was kind of cool. Very "vector'ish". Though understated. The reebok logo was 'embossed' on the side of the skate if you look at it very closely, like the waves on the sides of the XX skates.

The Reebok gloves were very similar to the jofa gloves, a little modified. I have to say they looked very sharp. Amonte was wearing a pair.

The Reebok helmet was a surprise for me. It's very slim and classic, yet modern looking. Nice lines.

The reebok stick was very cool looking, blue to white, didn't look like a vector. It was definitely composite. Coach Wilson had one for much of the practice and stood right beside me (this was after I was sick of taking pictures ;) ). I did get a couple shots of it.

Here are the pics!!!!!!! I apologize for some of the out of focus pictures, but they move so fast! ;) I don't think we'll find any better pics of this stuff anywhere else. Your reporter on the field, Geki, signing out. :)

http://sugoiweb.com/hockey

I am totally impressed by the helmet, looks awesome!! The skates are ok looking but I like the Synergy Chrome too. The rest is ok, the skates look good, I think they have a really nice line, I guess they had been thinking about hockey buiz in a long time.

i want hull's gloves!!!

time to call up his sister and order a pair :)

lol, funny thing is, there were about 4-5 people (coaches, etc.) wearing his gloves... they had the jjc on the cuffs and everything. He must have quite a few pairs.

Didn't Easton have a pair of skates that looked a little like the Reeboks a couple of years back? The helmet is already starting to grow on me, maybe I can get an AHL model this year.

Nive work on the pics! The Reebok stick looks sweet, and the helmet looks interesting. It looks like the skates have the padlock from the vectors, they look nice. The Bauer XXX skates look a little dull though - no improvement over the XX's in terms of looks.

Thanks for the pics Geki. I like the red lines on the lightspeeds of the vapor xxx's, I think it makes them look better. Looks like a lot of great stuff will be comming out in the future. On the chrome synergy, does anyone know what it says after synergy towards the bottom of the shaft?

Nice pics Geki,

All I know is that if any of this new gear, specifically sticks, shows up on eBay after the WCOH tournament, those prices are going to be insane. But someone will will buy them <<cough***ponty***cough>>.

My question is....Geki, how did you not go into seizures after seeing the new gloves? :D I figured that you'd find a pair that you like and rip the player's arm off......

Didn't Easton have a pair of skates that looked a little like the Reeboks a couple of years back?

Yeah, I was thinking when Hull and Modano came out "why on earth are they wearing old easton airs?!" but when you look at them more closely they look alot more like vectors than the eastons. They're pretty low key though, I thought they looked pretty good actually.

I wish I could have gotten a better shot of the helmet from the front, it looks like a very slim version of the itech hc100 in the front, with the rebook logo in the center. It's profile is smaller like the bauer 4000, which I like, but it looked like it had a really good liner in it (not just the old foam).

On the chrome synergy, does anyone know what it says after synergy towards the bottom of the shaft?

I think it said USA. I can't remember.

As far as the gloves go, if I could catch Tony, I'da tried to get them.. ;)

Actually Drury's gloves were pretty cool as well (2001 z-airs in r/w/b), and he was sporting the synergy skates as well (with Tuuks).

Modano looked pretty good (play-wise) he was playing real aggressive and making some great shots. He was head to toe ccm stuff (except his synergy and stealth).

Hull's one-timer from 5 feet away is truly frightening... :blink: and his wrister ain't bad either.

It was good fun seeing the guys goofing on each other and having fun playing. Chelios, Hull, Tkachuk, Conroy and Guerin were having a great old time, and they were the obvious role players.

Didn't Easton have a pair of skates that looked a little like the Reeboks a couple of years back?

Yeah, I was thinking when Hull and Modano came out "why on earth are they wearing old easton airs?!" but when you look at them more closely they look alot more like vectors than the eastons. They're pretty low key though, I thought they looked pretty good actually.

I wish I could have gotten a better shot of the helmet from the front, it looks like a very slim version of the itech hc100 in the front, with the rebook logo in the center. It's profile is smaller like the bauer 4000, which I like, but it looked like it had a really good liner in it (not just the old foam).

It was just a first impression. Excellent work on all of this. How was the turnout? I was thinking of a roadtrip on Monday.

How was the turnout? I was thinking of a roadtrip on Monday.

The turn out was so, so I thought. You could only sit on one half of the arena. The seats were about half filled. Not a bad turnout for a Friday morning practice. Now, tomorrow's practice should be packed from what I heard today.

I may be at the game on Monday, I got word that I might be getting some corporate suite seats... but nothing solid yet.