Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GekigangarIII

Geki's WCOH new equipment update!

in the pick of the chrome synergy, is it me or does it look like the guy in the green shirt is using an int. synthesis? whats that all about? a pro with an int. stick? i thought only Hull did that?

The colours are USA-related, so that's why it has blue graphics.

in the pick of the chrome synergy, is it me or does it look like the guy in the green shirt is using an int. synthesis?

That stick is actually a chrome synthesis, it's labeled a synergy though. :) I can't remember who was using it though.

The guy using the nylon XX's was Jason Blake, he was also skating in XXX's. I thought those were the sharpest gloves there.

I got the closeups because I was at ice level sitting on the boards. :)

I don't think I could remember who exactly was wearing what... I do know that Modano and Hull were wearing the reebok skates. Gomez and Rolston were wearing the reebok helmet. Amonte and Halpern were wearing the reebok gloves.

Next, The Bauer Vapor XXX look like they are made of the material of the Nike Quest V-12s, not the old ribbed stuff that the Vapor XX were constructed of.

I would have to agree. It wouldn't be a bad thing if they borrowed a bit from the V-12s construction. Good eye!

Next, The Bauer Vapor XXX look like they are made of the material of the Nike Quest V-12s, not the old ribbed stuff that the Vapor XX were constructed of.

I would have to agree. It wouldn't be a bad thing if they borrowed a bit from the V-12s construction. Good eye!

Yes, and it would also be good if they could borrow the comfort of Grafs.

Great work, Geki. Thanks for the awesome looks.

I have to admit, I thought the Vapor XXXs were down-right, God-awful ugly at-first. Then, after I sat here staring at them for awhile, I really started to like them. Oh well, the looks of the skates really don't matter all that much. I am looking forward to their release.

I don't really care if you label me a hockey geek (just don't associate me with that terribly overpriced online shop!). Hockey geeks are cool; mathematical geeks just scare me (which I should have gotten over a long time ago seeing as I am in accelerated math courses :unsure: ).

Stealth and the Chrome Synergy (or synthesis, whatever it is) look really good. Reebok stick is pretty nice, can't go wrong with blue and white.

The Reebok Helmet might even be uglier than the 8000. I can't stand it, the ugliest helmet I have seen so far. The back of it especially looks hideous. Decent debut for Reebok though.

Hull was using a Z-Bubble, it`s evident in the close up pic of his gloves.

Modano's gloves are interesting. He added the old Easton GX straps to his CCMs

thats not hull. you can tell its a coach as hes wearing a warmup suit that all the coaches wear. As previously stated in this thread alot of people were wearing Hull's gloves as they were so nice.

JR, is Modo the one with the chrome synthesis?

Good call, take another look (by the way, that is a Synergy)

Modano's gloves are interesting. He added the old Easton GX straps to his CCMs

thats not hull. you can tell its a coach as hes wearing a warmup suit that all the coaches wear. As previously stated in this thread alot of people were wearing Hull's gloves as they were so nice.

JR, is Modo the one with the chrome synthesis?

Yeah, that's his blade profile...

Leetch wears the old Supra 501s. His are probably Swiss.

Actually Hull was using a Z-bubble. The pic of Hull's gloves are actually coach Barry Smith... Like I said, about 3-4 people had Hull's gloves on :)

As far as Marleau's skates, they look like the reeboks to me. Though nobody on the US team had the tongues out so I can't be sure.

Actually Hull was using a Z-bubble. The pic of Hull's gloves are actually coach Barry Smith... Like I said, about 3-4 people had Hull's gloves on :)

As far as Marleau's skates, they look like the reeboks to me. Though nobody on the US team had the tongues out so I can't be sure.

So Barry's not working with the Swedes?

Interesting.