Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lufria

New Mission Skate?

okay... I'll ask... On the SX's at the bottom... Why Oh Why would you put a heel brake on them??? Even if they are the bottom-of-the-line/kiddie skate??

F~F

If its some kid whos using the skates outside (not for hockey), wouldnt it be a good idea for him to have brakes?

I'm just saying... it's a hockey skate... most hockey rinks don't allow the heel brakes anymore. And besides, there are handful of other ways to stop that don't involve the brake. Just gotta teach them right, and teach them early. haha.

If you want rec skates, get rec skates and don't be a hockey poser. = )

The brake is removable...Your not a poser if you have a brake on your skate, your just new to skating....As long as you are playing, that is all that matters.

If you want rec skates, get rec skates and don't be a hockey poser. = )

Thats absolutely retarded. If a child is learning how to skate he should have an easily accessible brake. Teach him how to skate THEN take the brake off. Baby steps. The wheels arent indoor wheels anyway so dont worry about the kid playing indoor. :D

okay... I'll ask... On the SX's at the bottom... Why Oh Why would you put a heel brake on them??? Even if they are the bottom-of-the-line/kiddie skate??

F~F

For kids who are new to skating...they have to learn how to move fast enough on skates before they should worry about doing a hockey stop. If they are simply trying to learn how to move and need to stop, they use the break.

Your only option to to buy boots and chassis, then switching it out and try to sell it. When I looked online just now, Mags were $160 and Alums were $70. You could resell for, I'd guess, around 3/4 of the price, and make back some of your money. People are always looking for these for conversions.

I guess. Mainly since I don’t think I will ever use any other frame than the hummer no matter what the skate. Maybe a Sensor frame if the hummer can’t be used.

You would be surprised. I went from Humm'r to vanguard and LOVE it. Reason mainly was because it was SO hard to convert skates with the Humm'r.

I had the Humm'r taken off my Cobalts right when I bought them and replaced with a Vanguard. It is the greatest skate I've ever owned.