Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Revision Vanquish Skate

Not sure why so many people are complaining about the durability of the frame, it looks rather like the luigino pilot speed frame (I know about a dozen people that use it and havn't heard complaints)

Luigino_Victory_Pilot.jpg

the size of the back wheel is another thing though, but at least there isn't too much sticking out either side of the boot. I suppose time shall tell how it goes I suppose

Maybe for their domestic play, but the FIRS says this:

RULE SIXTEEN - SKATES

( a ) Skates to be used will be in-line skates only and may consist of either three or four wheels for floor players. Goalies

may, as an option, use five wheel inline skates with smaller wheels, provided that all wheels are contained beneath

the goalie boot and do not protrude either front or back. If skates are manufactured for a specific number of wheels,

all wheels must be in place. All wheel bolts and axles must be recessed and even with the frame or covered with

protective material so as not to injure other players or mar the skating surface. No quad or conventional skates will be

permitted in World Championship play, although individual federations may allow the use of quad or conventional

skates for domestic play.

( b ) Any player taking the surface in violation of the above rule will receive a minor penalty and may not return to play until the fault is corrected.

No problem.

Guess thats one way to sell more Revision wheels.

I was thinking about this as well. Who else makes 100mm wheels for hockey? I know there are speed skate wheels, but do they come in durometers that people would want to play in. It's kinda seems like Revision cornered the market on that one wheel for the time being.

Not sure why so many people are complaining about the durability of the frame, it looks rather like the luigino pilot speed frame (I know about a dozen people that use it and havn't heard complaints)

the size of the back wheel is another thing though, but at least there isn't too much sticking out either side of the boot. I suppose time shall tell how it goes I suppose

But speed skaters arent taking slappers and pucks off the frames.

But speed skaters arent taking slappers and pucks off the frames.

point taken, but from just that one picture, it is hard to tell the thickness of the frame and also what type of metal alloy they are using for it

QUOTE (Thockey17 @ Jul 16 2008, 10:53 AM)

Guess thats one way to sell more Revision wheels.

I was thinking about this as well. Who else makes 100mm wheels for hockey? I know there are speed skate wheels, but do they come in durometers that people would want to play in. It's kinda seems like Revision cornered the market on that one wheel for the time being.

id say thats borderline unethical by making a product that makes everyone else impossible to compete. i understand that want to try something new and try a different concept to not break any patents, but why not try something that allows people to use other companies wheels as possible replacements? every other company has their own frame that works with everyones wheels and now they come out with a ridiuclous size that is not mass produced. i understand both sides of the fence but i think its a bad way to try to break into the skate business.

honestly, i dont like the idea of a 100 mm wheel, this could really change the game, what if it gives people with it an advantage....could change the game a little, and arent there rules about wheel sizes?

isnt that the piont of designing and producing a new product line? to give its users an advantage over the competition? example: the Hummer chassis is supposed to be faster than a hi-lo chassis while not losing to much in cornering.

true, but the wheel size is going to be a little differnt, ut will give the skater a new angle of skating since its higher then the normal 80mm in the back, i agree with you completely, just saying this will be differnt kind of change then we have ever seen, but not too big since not everyone will be getting these skates

Almost all wheel manufacturers also produce race wheels, so they already have the molds. There is no reason why Rink Rat and Hyper could not produce a 100mm hockey wheel.

I agree all the other companies could produce the 100mm wheel, nothing stoping them....If you think back a few years you'll remeber 76mm were about all you could find to fit and inline frame, cause thats all there was 76mm frames...But then here comes this new company with a frame that fits 2 diffrent size wheels(hi-lo) so was Mission pushing the limits back then? YES...What Revision is doing now is pushing the limits...Nothing wrong with it...Nothing nearly close to being unethical as someone stated, thats just silly....

Hey guys,

Whats up boys, Great topic..

Rink Rat has tested and tried 100mm, 90mm and 84mm wheels in the roller hockey arena and quite frankly we decided that the market isn't ready for a 15.00 -20.00 wheel or the huge amount of weight that goes along with those sizes.

Remember Roller hockey wheels are petroleum based...Anyone seen the price of oil lately?

This doesn't mean down the road we wont revisit the idea but for now Rink Rat will continue to make the standard sizes.

Hope that helps with the wheel portion of this discussion. By the way I was not going to post on this thread as it was a Revision post about their new skate but I saw a question in the thread with our name in there so i thought my 2 cents would be ok!

Thanks guys and good luck at Narch and State Wars!!!

Michael Hunt

Rink Rat

honestly, i dont like the idea of a 100 mm wheel, this could really change the game, what if it gives people with it an advantage....could change the game a little, and arent there rules about wheel sizes?
Maybe for their domestic play, but the FIRS says this:

RULE SIXTEEN - SKATES

( a ) Skates to be used will be in-line skates only and may consist of either three or four wheels for floor players. Goalies

may, as an option, use five wheel inline skates with smaller wheels, provided that all wheels are contained beneath

the goalie boot and do not protrude either front or back. If skates are manufactured for a specific number of wheels,

all wheels must be in place. All wheel bolts and axles must be recessed and even with the frame or covered with

protective material so as not to injure other players or mar the skating surface. No quad or conventional skates will be

permitted in World Championship play, although individual federations may allow the use of quad or conventional

skates for domestic play.

( b ) Any player taking the surface in violation of the above rule will receive a minor penalty and may not return to play until the fault is corrected.

No problem.

I would say that judging by this earlier post, it is not against the rules.

Of course it will either give people an advantage or at least give people the illusion of getting an advantage. That's why people will buy it. Composite shafts/sticks arguably give people an advantage, but some people still use wood. It did change some aspects of the game, but it mostly just made people drop more cash on sticks that should be used on going to stick time to practice their shot.

My prediction is that this will be the 9ko of inline skates. It will look absurd, a couple rich kids will buy it, and in five years it will be funny to talk about. See also: whatever brand of chasis those were that had the wheels mounted on an angle so that you were skating on more of an "edge" and could thus cut better.

See also: whatever brand of chasis those were that had the wheels mounted on an angle so that you were skating on more of an "edge" and could thus cut better.

V-Forms! Haha Those didn't last long at all..

Thanks to all of you for your feedback both positive and negative.

I will address just a few quick points.

A) Our company is based on technology and striving to make a difference for those players who desire the best products to enhance their performance. If we were to come out with an all 80's chasis or standard style hi-lo chasis then we would just be releasing another skate without providing any advantages. Instead of saturating the market with another similar skate we opted on the side of technology. The history of skates in both inline hockey and speed have been towards bigger and higher quality wheels to enhance both speed, efficiency, and grip so the concept is not so far out of the box as those who do not try it or those who are not open to change would think.

B) We would not bring a chasis into the market which is not tested to withstand the durability required for inline hockey.

C) The 100mm wheel will not be priced in the $15- $20 range as suggested by Michael. Nor will the overall weight of the skate be an issue.

D) Price point will be approx. $299.99 retail, expected release date is December 2008.

For those of you who would like further information or have any questions or feedback please email nabeel@revisionhockey.com

Thank You

Is it called the vanquish because its supposed to go as fast as and look as good as the aston martin vanquish?

good connection, speed i would say is still in the air but i can asure you the looks are no where close. :lol: