Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Revision Vanquish Skate

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't appear to be that ugly. I'll wait to see them in person.

It's hard to tell from the most recent shots cuz they're close-ups, but I too will wait to see them in person.

Thanks for all of your feedback. Here are some quick points to help answer some of your questions.

why 100mm? Bigger wheels provide a better roll/ better ride which increases speed. Also the larger the wheel the larger the contact patch when the wheel is compressed. The length of the contact patches are what allow you to grip the surface for cutting, turning, stopping and starting. So we feel the 100mm also gives you enhanced grip. We strive to create a skate based upon technology and innovation in an attempt to increase performance. We saw no value in adding another flat or identical hi-lo chasis skate to saturate the inline hockey market.

Will you be higher off the ground? Yes, at the highest point you are approx. 8.5 mm higher. We feel from the test feedback that the increase in speed and grip surpasses any negative effects from increased height. This includes timed trial drills of skaters on our skate and their current skate.

Doesn't the 100mm make it so I am tilted at a more severe angle? No, the angle of a skate is not determined by the size of the wheels directly. It is determined by the height and pitch differences between the back and front mounting plates in regards to the boot. We put much research into determining what we believe is the ideal angle/pitch for the foot to be in for the type of skating required in our sport, just as I am sure Mission/RBK/and Tour all have as well. Any change in that angle is in regards to that research and not simply due to the 100mm wheel.

If you look at the history of both inline hockey and inline speed racing, there has been a consistent trend to bigger wheels. Inline speed has gone from 5 80mm wheels to 110mm wheels. Likewise inline hockey in its origin began with some chasis that were 5-68mm wheels, and even as recent as Mission-Itech moving from 80/72 - 80/76 and TOUR from first 72mm to 76mm and now to 80mm.

Several of the Revision Vanquish NARCh Pro Champion team members are currently skating on the Vanquish skate that will be released in late February.

Thank you all for your time and comments, if I can answer any questions please feel free to email me at nabeel@revisionhockey.com

it'll just be hard replacing the 100mm wheel if it breaks

How?

I'd assume every place carrying this skate will also stock the 100mm Revision wheel(s), and the Revision crew is usually on site at all the major tournaments.

The only problem i can see is that you're basically locked into using a Revision wheel. Didn't RinkRat already deny the possibility of supplying a 100mm wheel? I dont see many companies doing so just to sell 2 wheels at a time.

it'll just be hard replacing the 100mm wheel if it breaks

How?

I'd assume every place carrying this skate will also stock the 100mm Revision wheel(s), and the Revision crew is usually on site at all the major tournaments.

The only problem i can see is that you're basically locked into using a Revision wheel. Didn't RinkRat already deny the possibility of supplying a 100mm wheel? I dont see many companies doing so just to sell 2 wheels at a time.

One problem about the 100mm wheel is for overseas buyers. In Australia where hockey isn't anywhere near as big, it would be unlikely that any rinks/stores here would sell the skate and so, 100mm hockey wheels. Of cource that means if people here wanted to use the skate they would have to but it from oevrseas and have it shipped and probebly with some spare 100's but it's just more of an inconvinience that restricts smaller sections of the market. Although if the boot is compatable with other frames, some of those with some mg hi-lo's would be pretty nice IMO.

One problem about the 100mm wheel is for overseas buyers. In Australia where hockey isn't anywhere near as big, it would be unlikely that any rinks/stores here would sell the skate and so, 100mm hockey wheels. Of cource that means if people here wanted to use the skate they would have to but it from oevrseas and have it shipped and probebly with some spare 100's but it's just more of an inconvinience that restricts smaller sections of the market. Although if the boot is compatable with other frames, some of those with some mg hi-lo's would be pretty nice IMO.

I guess you could always use a 100mm wheel for inline speed skating. I'm pretty sure they still make those. Isn't inline speed skating pretty popular around the world?

I guess you could always use a 100mm wheel for inline speed skating. I'm pretty sure they still make those. Isn't inline speed skating pretty popular around the world?

where have i heard that before? ^^^

One problem about the 100mm wheel is for overseas buyers.

According to all who i've spoken to, buying any type of hockey equipment overseas is a problem...

Most, if not all of us, have backup sticks. Why dont alot of people have backup wheels? Knowing full well they break and lose grip constantly.

Doesn't look too comfy if you skated no socks with the stitching there.

I've been one of the players skating the Vanquish skate and the stitching isn't a problem at all. The material on the inside is really soft. Other things....the boot is really comfortable! Its stiff enough for support but not to the point where my feet hurt. The 100mm took about 5 minutes to get used to and after that I could really feel the difference in speed. It feels like it takes less energy to get going and overall I feel way faster. I think that once people get over the shock of looking at a 100mm wheel...they are going to see that Revision made a pretty good skate that works.

i dont think anywhere over here in the UK actually sells revision wheels. Ive never seen them anyway. If only someone could promote them over here ;)

Soon, the european site is opening in about a month, and, having been contacted by the regional GM for Europe, he seems serious about marketing the Revision brand and products here.