Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Revision Vanquish Skate

It still looks butt ugly from any angle, but the pictures of the inside make them look so comfy :lol: Also I really hope I don’t see that 100mm wheel saying 74a on it, a wheel that big simply doesn't need to be that soft, hopefully it that’s 74a comparatively... I wonder what the quaters are made of, anyone know?

@vitaminZ: the pitch will be the same as most other skates. The back of the skate is only slightly higher then normal (because most chassis have a lot of room in the back), but the front is raised equally.

Do all four wheels touch the ground? If so, I'd be really interested in buying. I'm a big mission HiLo fan, but they've locked down the market for Hi-Lo setups, and I really don't like being rockered in roller-hockey. This product, if all wheels touch the ground, would possibly give you another option besides Mission. I don't care if the boot looks bad. I'm sure they will change the design in future models, and perhaps their production run, since there has been a lot of complaints about it.

Revision, any updates on the release date? I didn't see you guys at the LPH show in Vegas.

Bigger wheels = better roll and more speed whether your skating on your Vanquish skates or cruising down the street in your Denali rocking 22s.

:rolleyes: Worst analogy ever. Putting giant wheels on your car makes it slower and makes it ride harsher.

The harsher ride on your car from bigger wheels is usually because the tires are super low profile tires, not the overall outside diameter. Mountain bikes are a better analogy. a 29er is a bit better at rolling over bigger objects and can get a little bit better speed.

Do all four wheels touch the ground? If so, I'd be really interested in buying. I'm a big mission HiLo fan, but they've locked down the market for Hi-Lo setups, and I really don't like being rockered in roller-hockey. This product, if all wheels touch the ground, would possibly give you another option besides Mission. I don't care if the boot looks bad. I'm sure they will change the design in future models, and perhaps their production run, since there has been a lot of complaints about it.

Revision, any updates on the release date? I didn't see you guys at the LPH show in Vegas.

If you dont like being rockered and you want other option to mission you can try a humm'r as well. It is not hi-lo but it is without a doubt flat and all 4 wheels touch the ground.

The harsher ride on your car from bigger wheels is usually because the tires are super low profile tires, not the overall outside diameter. Mountain bikes are a better analogy. a 29er is a bit better at rolling over bigger objects and can get a little bit better speed.

I know, but how many Denali's on 22's have you seen that didnt have low pro tires? Just saying, bad comparison.

I know, but how many Denali's on 22's have you seen that didnt have low pro tires? Just saying, bad comparison.

Good point. And comparing their wheels to 22's on Denalis Kinda reminds me of warriors marketing, but not quite as naughty.

If you dont like being rockered and you want other option to mission you can try a humm'r as well. It is not hi-lo but it is without a doubt flat and all 4 wheels touch the ground.

I was looking for a chassis with a forward lean, much like a hi-lo, but without a rocker. A flat chassis wouldn't work for me. That's why i'm looking forward to this Revision skate.

I wonder if that one massive wheel will really make any kind of signifigant difference in the way the skate performs? I doubt I will ever try them out because my beemers are still going strong and I have a brand new pair of Code 1's in reserve but I look forward to hearing from people who buy them as to the advantages of the 100 mm rear wheel.

Did a little digging online here at work, so i can't post any pictures, but if you do a google search for www.revisionhockey.org and then click on the 2009 catalog option under Products.

The new 100mm wheel is called the C-note.

As for a monopoly on the 100mm wheel... other companies have been making 100mm wheels for a while now. Just different applications. Those little Razor scooters use a 100mm wheel (i believe), and then the speed skaters do. So finding them from other manufacturers will just be an excersize in looking at where else they are used. The durometer might be the only issue.

Frank~Frank