Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Revision Vanquish Skate

speed wheels should be the right size and light as well, so if people use these outside they'll have plenty of choice, it's just for inside use that you'll be stuck with revision at least for a while (assuming the idea picks up...)

Whatever about the looks of the skate and the comfort/fit of the boot. I'm really not sure about having one giant wheel.

I understand the physics that, in whatever application (roller hockey, shopping carts etc) large wheels decrease your acceleration but increase top speed, whereas with smaller wheels you sacrifice top speed for greater acceleration.

Tour's beemer frame with all 80mm wheels makes sense. But for Revision's frame would the supposed gain in top speed by the humungo (giant) wheel not be cancelled out by the three smaller wheels in front of it? I know many drag cars have much larger wheels in the rear but isn't this to give more grip to transfer the energy and torque produced by the engine to the ground.

I agree with the larger gripping area for stopping. The wheel compresses as force is applied to it, thus causing more of the gripping surface to come into contact with the ground. That bit makes sense.

Right now my personal opinion is that this is a bit of a gimmick. But if anyone can explain this a bit better please do. I'll keep an open mind if someone has a better arguement.

Just saw the pic of them. Wow...3 -76mm and 1-100mm in the back. I understand mission's high-lo system uses 72-80's, but the wheel differential is only 8mm. The Vanquish 30mm differential between the rear wheel and the neighboring wheel seems very significant. I would love to hear reviews on how it feels when skating backwards on those things; especially turning while skating backwards.

Rebel - As you get accustom to the wheel set up you are able to push off that back wheel as you are coming out of a stop or turn allowing you transfer your weight/ energy in order to assist with acceleration. In regards to being canceled out by 76mm wheels that is not the case as the difference in roll between a 76mm wheel and 80mm wheel is not nearly as significant as between a 100mm wheel and an 80mm wheel.

Some people may think its a gimmick but I can assure you we tested many different wheel combinations before choosing the one which provided the best results both in timed tests and in player feedback. This process of R&D began in June of 2007 so we took our time to make sure we did not present a sub-par product to the market. Our goal is to continue to bring innovation to our sport.

Double796- the feedback from most our skaters on the adjustment period to such things as skating backwards is very short, a couple of skates and they feel like they have it down. The best way I can put it is after 2 or 3 skates I felt very comfortable on them and noticed that I felt a bit faster in straight forward strides. After 3-4 weeks I began to really figure out how to use the 100mm to my advantage especially in pivots and turns.

I hope that helps, of course there is no substitute for having your own personal experience. We will be at several events this summer and will have pairs at our booth for those of you who would like to try the skate on and take them for a spin.

Regards,

Nabeel Gerges

Rebel - As you get accustom to the wheel set up you are able to push off that back wheel as you are coming out of a stop or turn allowing you transfer your weight/ energy in order to assist with acceleration. In regards to being canceled out by 76mm wheels that is not the case as the difference in roll between a 76mm wheel and 80mm wheel is not nearly as significant as between a 100mm wheel and an 80mm wheel.

Some people may think its a gimmick but I can assure you we tested many different wheel combinations before choosing the one which provided the best results both in timed tests and in player feedback. This process of R&D began in June of 2007 so we took our time to make sure we did not present a sub-par product to the market. Our goal is to continue to bring innovation to our sport.

Double796- the feedback from most our skaters on the adjustment period to such things as skating backwards is very short, a couple of skates and they feel like they have it down. The best way I can put it is after 2 or 3 skates I felt very comfortable on them and noticed that I felt a bit faster in straight forward strides. After 3-4 weeks I began to really figure out how to use the 100mm to my advantage especially in pivots and turns.

I hope that helps, of course there is no substitute for having your own personal experience. We will be at several events this summer and will have pairs at our booth for those of you who would like to try the skate on and take them for a spin.

Regards,

Nabeel Gerges

Thanks for the info. Let me know when you are in the DC area. I would love to try a pair on to see how they feel.

They said they would send me a pair to test out next week when their shipment comes in. So hopefully I'll have something to write by the end of next week.

Hey guys

For all the european skaters in the room. The skates are ready to be or-ordered now on www.revisionhockey.eu. So good news for those of you wanting some, I am looking forward to getting mine.

Get them ordered. And let's play the C-note together ha.

Peace out

I know someone with these skates, only had them for a few days before I got to talk to him.

- I dont feel like I will get blisters

Said he has always gotten blisters from every skate he has broke in.

- dont even notice the 100mm wheel, but feels better at the same time

I saw him doing a back wheel pivot and he looked like he has fun doing it, as he scored on someone. lol.

-notices the improved speed

said it was a little quicker, but he is already a speedy guy, dont know how much faster you can make him.

on another note, I bought 100$ skates to start off with, well I have out played them already. they have a soft boot. tour 590 stay way from them. lol

I plan on getting these skates within 2 weeks, as my new season starts next week and I would like to have them for the second game. I will def make it back here to give my full review on them.

and honestly who cares about the wheel, buy a couple extra and you will be ok for awhile. is it worth the extra money? I think so, anything to make you better on the rink. RIGHT? within the rules of course.

Rich kids buying only? think not, try someone who works full time for everything in their life, and wants a new different skate that no one else really has right now. to be the first to try them, and be the first to have them for the next 4-6 years. they are the same price as all the other skates out there, so WHY NOT?

Hope to have a review within the month, I want to wear them in before I do.

I know someone with these skates, only had them for a few days before I got to talk to him.

I saw him doing a back wheel pivot and he looked like he has fun doing it, as he scored on someone. lol.

said it was a little quicker, but he is already a speedy guy, dont know how much faster you can make him.

on another note, I bought 100$ skates to start off with, well I have out played them already. they have a soft boot. tour 590 stay way from them. lol

I plan on getting these skates within 2 weeks, as my new season starts next week and I would like to have them for the second game. I will def make it back here to give my full review on them.

and honestly who cares about the wheel, buy a couple extra and you will be ok for awhile. is it worth the extra money? I think so, anything to make you better on the rink. RIGHT? within the rules of course.

Rich kids buying only? think not, try someone who works full time for everything in their life, and wants a new different skate that no one else really has right now. to be the first to try them, and be the first to have them for the next 4-6 years. they are the same price as all the other skates out there, so WHY NOT?

something tells me you either work for them or made a few bucks posting that <_<

They said they would send me a pair to test out next week when their shipment comes in. So hopefully I'll have something to write by the end of next week.

anything? been over a month so you should have been on those skates for a while.

something tells me you either work for them or made a few bucks posting that <_<

neither my friend. I am just a newbie to the sport, I am 22 and I just got into roller hockey. I saw these skates on Inlinewarehouse and fell in love, I have a nack for wanting stuff peoople dont want, or are afraid to buy or try out.

just an avid Equipment junkie, and my addiction is growing faster everyday.

like I said, hope to have a REAL review of the skates soon.

anyone??? or are two aussies like fatwabbit and myself going to have to get a pair and review ourselves..... ;p

I've got a set, and got out on them last weekend... just been sick as crap so I haven't been able to write a review yet. I'm going to work on this here today/tomorrow.

Frank~Frank Szilagyi

#21 Pennsylvania Typhoon

#21 Loyola College Greyhounds

#21 Florida Fusion

My skates are due today. I HOPE TO GOD I ordered the right size, otherwise, I have to send them back (free shipping) to get the right, and it will be 2 more weeks till I seem again. hey I saved 15$ on them, lol.

I was reading this forum and all i've seen are reviews of how the skates looks...Has anyone tried these or currently use them? How do you like them?

Can you compare to other skates...

Don't forget Ladies and Gentlemen our drawing for a free pair of Vanquish Skates is today at 3pm Eastern time, 12 noon Pacific Time. All you need to do to qualify is go to www.revisionhockey.com and become a member. Its free to sign up all you need is an email address. If you miss out on the skate giveaway you we be automatically entered for our montlhy giveaways. Keep it sticky Revision Nation!

Hey everyone complaining or wondering about the revision vanquish skate:

I play for the Revision Buffalo wings, we play Narch Pro and most guys on our team wore the vanquish skate and used the viceroy stick. I know people are saying the boot doesn't look so hot on the skate or the big wheel is dumb. Well I thought the same thing last year in san jose when I saw the vanquish skate for the first time. But after wearing them for the last 2 and a half months I absolutely love them. The boot is designed to support your heel very nice since theres a 100mm wheel on the back. The 100mm wheel generates more speed and cutting ability and the most difference I've notieced is control when stopping. YOu can really take advantage and stop very fast on the big wheel. Playing ice hockey my whole life and being able to stop so quick adn get going very quick on ice, this is the most similar feeling i've ever felt on a roller blade. It does take a few weeks to get used to the 76-76-76-100!! setup, but once you do you'll definitly see the benefits (especially if your a fast skater and ice hockey style skater). I wore the ccm 10.0 blades for two months before i got the revision skates and I won't go back to them, I really like the vanquish skate.