Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM Vector U+ Initial Thoughts

What is the volume in these like? Is it a deep or shallow skate? I have a high instep, and really need the volume. I know you have been skating the One95's how does it compare to the U+ in that regard?

Thanks for the info.

its a huge volume skate, and i mean huge, most volume in a skate ive seen.

when i tie them up the top two ilets (sp?) end up about a centimeter apart, the boot basically wraps around your foot

Thanks for the feedback. I may check these out.

JR I have a couple questions.

I think I will be doing a custom pair of these because they run about $200 cheaper then custom Bauers.

I would like to know if its possible the make the whole skate a little more lower profile (to get rid of the volume especially in the ankle area), because thats where I had the problem when I was fitted for these. I tried on a 6 C and felt that my ankle didn't lock inn properly. I was told the U+ uses a different lace allignment then Bauer skates and thats why I had the issue with the heel not locking inn.

Anyways your skates look sick, I love the design of the U+ skates.

Anyone else having the inner liner wearing away at the top of the boot over the top eyelet? I’ve only skated in mine 8 times and am getting this on both skates.

VectorU-1.jpg

Anyone else having the inner liner wearing away at the top of the boot over the top eyelet? I’ve only skated in mine 8 times and am getting this on both skates.

VectorU-1.jpg

had the exact same problem on mine, after only 2 hours on the ice!

also had some bubbles in the quarter panel laminate. the longevity and durability of these skates may be in question

What is the volume in these like? Is it a deep or shallow skate? I have a high instep, and really need the volume. I know you have been skating the One95's how does it compare to the U+ in that regard?

Thanks for the info.

its a huge volume skate, and i mean huge, most volume in a skate ive seen.

when i tie them up the top two ilets (sp?) end up about a centimeter apart, the boot basically wraps around your foot

Anyone second that? JR?

Skated in them tonight -

Was having a little heel slippage - then again I was wearing a thinner sock than I normally wear (left my OxySox, was wearing sanitary) so I attribute it to that. Skates feel very light which is a plus.

However, I did something that I never do - I always profile my skates to a 9' - but didn't do these. The blades didn't feel right, so I had to go back into the locker room and go back to my other skates. I will be profiling them to 9' and giving it a shot next week. The skate has potential - just have to work out the kinks first.

also had some bubbles in the quarter panel laminate. the longevity and durability of these skates may be in question

My skates are STIFF. I'm thinking the wear/abrasion that I'm seeing is from the liner being so thin and occurring from the mechanics of skating (foot flexion). I was surprised to see it happen so quickly. I actually noticed a small spot after my first skate that has gotten slightly larger with each skate. We'll just have to see how far it spreads. This is the first CCM skate that I've liked since the original Pump Tack of the nineties so I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out to be a big deal/disappointment.

I think it's a combination of that and it being so hard underneath the liner that is causing that. Other skates out there are softer in that area and a bit more pliable.

I think it's a combination of that and it being so hard underneath the liner that is causing that. Other skates out there are softer in that area and a bit more pliable.

right, i think that the way the fabric on the tongue is designed, it is too abrasive for the anti-microbial lining.

mine looked the exact same.

ulining.jpg

Once your warranty has run out, you could try this product to keep it from fraying further. It has worked well for me for stopping tears and cuts in fabric and claims it can do leather as well.

right, i think that the way the fabric on the tongue is designed, it is too abrasive for the anti-microbial lining.

mine looked the exact same.

Hopefully the area isn't going to spread much further. As for the outer material bubbling, I also have that and think it's purely cosmetic. So far I like the skates even though I have a slight problem with one of my ankles. I'm not getting the greatest heel lock with these. At least compared to the One 90 and S15.

Maybe someone can answer my question. Why is it that I have seen two different types of the U+ skates both in pro shops and in online pictures. I have seen the skates with a more drastic 90 degree lacing moving up the boot more like the old vector 10's but I have also seen U+'s like J.R' in pro shops as well that have a more gradual lacing/eyelet pattern. What is the deal do they have two types of the vector U+? I have seen both like I said with my own eyes and they were not pro stock, just regular retail models. No one has been able to answer this for me yet.

VectorU-1.jpg

my friends had the same thing happen, it resulted in the liner seperating totally and falling out. he also had the bubbling in patches all over the outer. needless to say he returned them and invested in something else

Maybe someone can answer my question. Why is it that I have seen two different types of the U+ skates both in pro shops and in online pictures. I have seen the skates with a more drastic 90 degree lacing moving up the boot more like the old vector 10's but I have also seen U+'s like J.R' in pro shops as well that have a more gradual lacing/eyelet pattern. What is the deal do they have two types of the vector U+? I have seen both like I said with my own eyes and they were not pro stock, just regular retail models. No one has been able to answer this for me yet.

Different sizes. :ph34r:

A guy on another team, and whom I play open hockey with on ocassion, is having the same issue with his u+. I feel for him as he said the pain he felt for the first month of using them was like some sort of medieval torture. He says they feel fine now, and are crazy light, but he sees serious durability issues.

U+, meet the s15, you two should get along as you have much in common. ;)

I was really dissapointed with the new CCM U+. I have worn CCM skates for most of my life and I always end up going back to them. The U+ is a VERY DEEP skate. Its only going to fit a certain type of foot. Even the sales person told me that I would be better off with a different type of CCM Skate. On top of that I didn't like the feel of it at all. I went on to purchase a second pair of Vector 10s.

I was really dissapointed with the new CCM U+. I have worn CCM skates for most of my life and I always end up going back to them. The U+ is a VERY DEEP skate. Its only going to fit a certain type of foot.

skates with less volume only fit a certain type of foot too.

True enough.. but this isn't just a large volume Skate. Its a HUGE volume skate. I can't understand why CCM wouldn't want to make they're marquee skate something that everyone could enjoy, or why they wouldn't make a couple different models of it. They dropped the ball plain and simple. I guess we'll see how many pro's are wearing them this year. I hope they are working on next years skate.

True enough.. but this isn't just a large volume Skate. Its a HUGE volume skate. I can't understand why CCM wouldn't want to make they're marquee skate something that everyone could enjoy, or why they wouldn't make a couple different models of it. They dropped the ball plain and simple. I guess we'll see how many pro's are wearing them this year. I hope they are working on next years skate.

It's the first CCM skate I could comfortably wear in over a decade, I'm pretty happy with the fit. Just because it doesn't fit you doesn't mean it's only going to fit a handful of people.

Most people need a high-volume skate. The reason why nobody wore Tacks anymore is because of that. The reason why nobody wore ONE90 is because of that.

Tacks got crazy-low in terms of volume at the end. It's a shame because the last version of the tacks were fantastic skates, otherwise. At least manufacturers have stopped lowering volume in an effort to save weight.

"It's the first CCM skate I could comfortably wear in over a decade, I'm pretty happy with the fit. Just because it doesn't fit you doesn't mean it's only going to fit a handful of people."

The guy at the hockey store knows me pretty well, I've been buying my skates there for 24 years. He told me when I walked in that I wasn't going to like them. The CCM Rep was present the day I tried them on. They both said that they are having a huge problem fitting people in the U+ or even the 8.0. So maybe they fit you but a majority of people are not being fit for the U+ skate. I'm not saying your not going to like them. But overall I don't think they are a very well made skate, and I can't see them being very durable

No the majority of people won't fit in skates like a typical Vector or one90 or older Vapor, Mission. BUT then again most people arent wearing skates that fit them right in the first place.