Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jbone

Drury Synthesis

Ok I thought on the `03 Easton website they had Int. Synthesis Drury blades. I have went to all my LHS`s and no one has them.Does easton even make them?

I believe the drury is being phased out. If you notice, easton no longer offers it on the synergy, synth and si synth blades, and it wont be available on the stealth. You can find out what i feel about this POOR business decision throughout this board.

Drury should be coming back. Most popular NHL pattern, didn't do well at retail, but getting a second shot.

Drury should be coming back. Most popular NHL pattern, didn't do well at retail, but getting a second shot.

That makes my night (and that previous saying makes me sad)

My rink actually gets a big shipment of Synergys in this week, and lo and behold, no Drurys and no Lidstroms. My rink actually gets some decent gear for once, and I get all excited, only to be majorly let down.

Ryan, bring back the old Thornton! My rep, Joe, wasn't happy when you guys gassed that one, but I guess Michigan and Minnesota were the only places that pattern were remotely popular...

Seriously? So they will release a Drury Stealth?

This makes my year.

Chadd put up some pics of the Thornton not too long ago and it looked pretty damn nice.

Yeah, she's a beaut. Almost no curve at all, just a nice little bend in the heel and a reasonable open toe. Louisville had an almost identical pattern (Antropov/Morrow) but that one's gone too. Man, I gotta get some customs made up...

The thornton was the jessica alba of curves, an absolute gem.

Ryan, is the Dru going to be released under a new name? ie) hejduk or Gaborik?

I still have that Thornton, if anyone needs one for customs. The hosel is cracked along the back so it isn't functional.

The thornton was the jessica alba of curves, an absolute gem.

Ryan, is the Dru going to be released under a new name? ie) hejduk or Gaborik?

Alba is WAY more curvy than the Thornton though... she's as hot as the Thornton, but with Sakic-like curves.

Very good point, poor analogy on my part. Its more like CCM thornton curves though, lol.

LOL, I actually knew exactly what you meant. I would have used the CCM Thornton or the Yzerman, but those curves are SO BRUTAL... can't compare them to a smokin' girl like Alba.

Then what does that make Pam Anderson pre-reduction? GI Kovalchuk?

Something in a SiCore, you know, full of silicone.

i wish easton would of made the drurys on more different blades than their high end composite blades, and maybe their hyrbrid i think. i've been looking for a drury blade for a while now, but i'm not gonna go drop 80 bones for a z-carbon blade just to use the curve, and plus i haven't even seen any z-carbon blades around here with the drury anyways. i was tempted to get a drury z-carbon wooden stick, but i've had bad experiences with them so i backed off. does anyone know of any other companies such as nike, bauer, tps, sherwood that make a curve similar to drury

yeah, but i'm not that much of a fan of the hybrid blades. i prefer the feel of the wooden ones. but i'll look into the kovalchuk tho. would you say the nike lemieux is close as well?

i was tempted to get a drury z-carbon wooden stick, but i've had bad experiences with them so i backed off.

I know at one point, when Easton switched shaft manufacturers, they had a problem with the factory not putting nearly enough glue on the blade, so every blade came off the stick. There was a recall, this is probably about 4 years ago now. The problem was discovered, allegations flew, and now Easton assembles the sticks themselves, to the best of my knowledge.

yep, forgot about that one. A little more curve but you should still be able to get the idea of whether or not the heel wedge type curve is for you.