Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

"Comic Book" Movies: Info & Rumors

Looks like X-Men: First Class is going to be complete garbage:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1114975p1.html

Looks like an epic fail for the X-Men:

--The two leads will be in their late twenties.

--Xavier will not be in his wheelchair, but we will learn how he gets there.

--He'll also still have hair.

--Xavier and Magneto will create the X-Men together.

--This is not based on the comic book called First Class but rather is "a new beginning" for the series.

--Director Matthew Vaughn is "technologically inspired" by the James Bond tech of the '60s.

--The costumes will be more "comic bookish" than in previous films.

--Neither Cyclops nor Marvel Girl will show up, but Cyke's brother Havoc will.

--Kevin Bacon will play Sebastian Shaw and, yes, the Hellfire Club will figure into the mix.

--Filming begins with Xavier at Oxford University.

--The movie will have a much more international feel than previous installments. (The shoot will take place in England and the U.S.) Other locations will include Russia (though they won't actually film there).

--There are other characters in the film who have not been revealed yet.

Matthew Vaughn's behind it so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. At the very least, it should be a commercial success which is all the companies care about.

Stuff I've seen is pointing out to the school's beginning since Magneto's still somewhat an ally.

Also, reboots are one thing but when they reboot a franchise <5 years old...

Last week, ScreenRant reported that Fox is currently negotiating with actors Adrian Brody and Johnathan Rhys Meyers for the role of Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic. Today I've learned that the studio is very strongly leaning towards Brody; whose A-list status will help draw greater general audience interest in the project. Another name has now been added to the list, this time it's True Blood star Stephen Moyer. An offer is currently out for the actor to portray the villainous Victor Von Doom/Doctor Doom. Though it is still unclear exactly how central the character will be in the film, Doom will be showcased as the ruler of Latveria and a master of the mystic arts.

More information has also surfaced by way of my inside source at Fox, who tells me that, if all goes as planned, the studio is planning on releasing Fantastic Four in the summer of 2012; which is the same timeframe as Marvel Studios' The Avengers. Though actress Amber Heard was in the early stages of negotiations for the role of Susan Storm/Invisible Woman, former X-Men: First Class actress Alice Eve is now the front runner for the part; as is Kevin Pennington for Johnny Storm/Human Torch.

The current screenplay for Fantastic Four has the team's origin taking place during the opening credits; ala The Incredible Hulk. The film has yet to sign a director, though meetings have already taken place between the studio and three contenders.

The next tidbit of news truly seems to indicate the studio is taking this franchise relaunch seriously; since the actor they want does not come cheap. Though an offer has yet to be put out, Fox is very interested in pursuing Bruce Willis to provide the voice of their completely CG Thing; as well as stand in for few, brief scenes the character appears in human form during the opening credits.

In the two previous, Fox-produced Fantastic Four movies, The Thing was portrayed by a rubber suit clad Micheal Chiklis. Though the quality of the suit and makeup Chiklis wore increased between of the first and second films, many fans were still disappointed in it's "obviously fake" appearance; as well as the diminutive physical size the character was reduced to.

According to the current Marvel comics continuity, the character Benjamin "Ben" Grimm was born on Yancy Street in New York City's Lower East Side. Ben had an early life of poverty and hardship, shaping young Grimm into a tough, streetwise scrapper. His older brother Daniel, whom Ben idolized, was killed in a street gang fight when Ben was eight years old. Excelling in football as a high school student, Ben received a full scholarship to Empire State University, where he meets his eventual life-long friend in a teenage genius named Reed Richards, as well as future enemy Victor Von Doom. After finishing college, having earned multiple advanced degrees in engineering, Grimm joins the United States Marine Corps, where he is trained as a test pilot. Following this, he crossed over into the United States Air Force and becomes an astronaut for NASA. This was all before the fateful accident in space which caused him to transform into The Thing.

Fox has already decided to integrate a completely computer generated version of The Thing into their next Fantastic Four film, so landing the right voice actor is a crucial aspect. No word yet if Bruce Willis will receive an offer from the studio, or if this is simply as "dream" casting on their end. Either way, it seems this Fantastic Four film is moving ahead rather quickly; whether it is in the right direction is a matter of personal opinion.

I don't think they are considering this a reboot as much as an opportunity to get younger with the actors, since the reboots have generally occurred when ticket sales were less than expected. I don't believe that was the case with any of the previous films. This sounds like it will be more in line with Wolverine:Origins.

I don't think they are considering this a reboot as much as an opportunity to get younger with the actors, since the reboots have generally occurred when ticket sales were less than expected. I don't believe that was the case with any of the previous films. This sounds like it will be more in line with Wolverine:Origins.

I'm not super thrilled about these Xmen:FC news bits. Sounds like all the stuff that I don't give a damn about. I was really hoping for the formation and a non-hairy Beast, proper age Iceman, etc. I'm not very familiar with how much of this storyline is already made and I'd be curious to know how much Stan Lee is overseeing things, if at all.

I think mack is talking more about the Fantastic 4 quotes. I agree though, we've seen two Hulk movies after the first one sucked, now we're getting a reboot spiderman in a few years after 3 tanked, and we got a cruddy F4 followed by an even worse sequel and now we get a reboot of that as well.

As cool as it is to see new adaptations of my favorite comics, this is getting a little scary. And the other direction of branching out into anything that was a comic or graphic novel and making it a movie.

The last original superhero/comic style movie that was original that I can think of was Hancock, but 10 years of rewrites killed it.

I'd say that all three (X-Men, FF, Spidey) are reboots. That's the term I'd use when they're re-casting everyone and going back in time. Everything I've read makes me groan about X-Men, but it's Vaughn and I'll give him the credit. Hell, Singer's even back chipping in so if it's in line with the first two movies it will be solid.

Captain America shots - costume details (don't know if this is the actor or a double for cycle riding). Either way I'm sure $5million in CG will be added to these

2h3sz1f.jpg

b64wtj.jpg

29zexq8.jpg

I thought RR was perfect for Dead Pool. He's a sarcastic ass hole... Plain and simple. Better fit than green lantern, that's for sure.

Casted just as well as RDJ for Iron Man. I think it'd be tough to top RR for deadpool.

Tom Hardy just got added to Batman 3. I loved him in Bronson and Inception. I must say, that if anyone can put up a performance that would at least rival Ledgers, it'd be him.

I personally like him for Black Mask and The Riddler, which has been used before and would need an overhaul much in the way Ledger's Joker was, but I think Brady would be able to pull it off.

blackmask.jpg

As if speculation on the next "Batman" villain wasn't heated enough, in comes Tom Hardy to stir the pot. The "Inception" actor has joined the cast of Christopher Nolan's third "Batman" tale in an unspecified lead role, though many — myself included — are assuming that he's set to play one of the Caped Crusader's notorious rogues.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/10/13/tom-hardy-batman-3-characters-secret-identity/

Nolan doesn't seem to go for most powerful though. More psychological villains, though I'm not writing the script or casting, so who knows.

I'm still wondering if they'll bring Al Ghul back. I also still stand by the thinking that Joseph Gordon-Levitt could pull off the Joker if they tried to do that again, tho I can see why they wouldn't. It also helps he's now on Nolan's list of people he'd like to keep working with, so maybe he at least lands a role if they go on past three films.

In an interview published minutes ago, director Christopher Nolan revealed that the title of the third Batman film will be The Dark Knight Rises. He also gave scant details about the plot and direction of the third film. Hit the jump to find out what (little) we know.

The news comes from Geoff Boucher over at Hero Complex, who was able to score a coveted interview with the secretive director. “It won’t be the Riddler,” Nolan said of the third film’s villain, squashing earlier rumors and speculation to the contrary. He also noted, “We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” a fairly self-evident yet cryptic statement.

Evidently, Boucher and Nolan also chatted about convincing Warner Brothers to go with IMAX instead of 3D for the film, which I find incredibly encouraging. Boucher says that information will be made available later today. We’ll update you guys when we hear about it.

Is anyone sad to see the Riddler eliminated from contention? Note that Nolan already took Mr. Freeze out of the running back in March. Also, what do you guys think of the title? Despite re-using the entire title of the second film, I think it has a nice poetic ring to it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-batman-title-the-dark-knight-rises-no-riddler/#more-91400

I still bet a nickel that we see Gordon-Levitt as the Joker before it's all said and done.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-batman-title-the-dark-knight-rises-no-riddler/#more-91400

I still bet a nickel that we see Gordon-Levitt as the Joker before it's all said and done.

It's possible. I wouldn't put it past him to bring back Ra's or even introduce his daughter into the story.

The title though... The Dark Knight Rises... I can just hear the soundtrack beginning to materialize and man does it sound awesome. I'm thinking kind of a hybrid between Inception/Prestige/Dark Knight.

Title's taking some flack but I really don't have a problem with it. Then again, I didn't think "Attack of the Clones" was a terrible name.

They're supposedly filming some stuff in NOLA, so maybe Croc will be a villain. They'd need CGI and I don't think that's something they prefer, but who knows.

IGN said Nolan is looking for a "sexy" female lead.

Also, I think Clayface could be done in a creative way in the Nolan universe.

Finally, I highly recommend the new Avengers cartoon that's out. My DVR picked up on it for me and I have to say it's actually really good.

IGN said Nolan is looking for a "sexy" female lead.

Also, I think Clayface could be done in a creative way in the Nolan universe.

Recast Maggie Gyllenhall to clayface!

I still can't believe they haven't gotten the female lead right in these Batman films. First a cutie who didn't fit, to a girl that was perfect except for the melted face (and most likely body evidence by costume choice).