Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

"Comic Book" Movies: Info & Rumors

A little more on the Walking Dead show. Can't wait for this.

Of the formation of these zombies, creator, director, and executive producer Frank Darabont has released the following statement: “Greg Nicotero is absolutely out-doing himself. The work he is doing is beyond what one could hope for. Our Zombies kick a**!” Check out the whole photo, after the jump.

Read more: First Production Photo from Frank Darabont’s The Walking Dead | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/10/first-.../#ixzz0qVjIVehm

walkingdeadprod1small.jpg

I would throw it out on the grounds that they suggest a famous movie star would be able to go undercover. "Hey, you look familiar" "Yeah, I get that a lot".

Pretty cool that they kind of bring it into the real world, seemingly plausible explanations for the characters. I just hope it's not like the last Mortal Kombat movie where the normal mortal human can shoot fireballs at the end.

He could have been a washed up has been actor with too much money. You know some crazy plot like the rich guys that pay to carve up people in Hostel? A stretch I know, but in a movie where people insert blades into their arms it is possible.

A little more on the Walking Dead show. Can't wait for this.

I had not heard about this, but I am now very interested! I am a Darabont fan! I thought The Mist was a great horror movie!

Here is an interview with the MK proof of concept short director..

http://www.collider.com/2010/06/09/kevin-t...h-feature-film/

There is also one out there with the guy who played Jax but the page I had found it on earlier is not responding right now (maybe its overloaded!)

It seems that there is a ton of buzz over the film, over a million hits on the youtube page in just around 24 hours, and most of the response is overwhelmingly positive. I hope and pray that this comes thru (with sequels!) as I grew up on this game.

Randy Couture as Captain America at least that's what Joe Rogan keeps calling him. :P

Casting additions for Captain America: Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan, Stanley Tucci as Dr. Abraham Erskine (inventor of the Super Soldier serum), and Tommy Lee Jones, who was announced two weeks ago, but I still haven't read for what part.

The two movies I've seen him in he was decent enough, but I just don't see him as the role. Oh well, same could have been said for Maguire but then again there was some real competence behind the writing and directing in that series.

Just read that Edward Norton will NOT be in the Avengers movie as Bruce Banner. Conflicting statements. Marvel made it sound like he's hard to work with, Norton's rep made it sound like Marvel wouldn't pay enough, and Norton wrote a gracious note on Facebook saying it wasn't meant to be.

Norton is notorious for being a pain in the ass to work with. That said, he is an awesome actor... so it's kinda 50/50 I think.

http://gizmodo.com/5592600/christopher-nolan-may-shoot-all-of-batman-3-in-non+3d-imax

Christopher Nolan May Shoot All of Batman 3 in Non-3D IMAX

Here's a rumor that gets me excited: according to Christopher Nolan's long-time cinematographer Wally Pfister, he really wants to shoot the entirety of the next Batman movie in IMAX. And he hates 3D.

Really, this is great news. 3D, in my opinion, is an annoying fad. But those scenes in The Dark Knight that were shot in IMAX, when seen on a real-deal IMAX screen, were absolutely stunning. An entire film shot that way, by Christopher Nolan? Yes please.

Here's the entire quote by Pfister:

"I can't say until I read the script, but it would certainly be my preferred, amazing goal to shoot the whole movie in IMAX. I must say I'm a huge IMAX fan. I like IMAX more than I like 3-D. Chris' films are so densely layered and have so much going on visually in every way that IMAX helps enhance that because of the scope and the scale of it - it becomes a much larger canvas to paint on. That's what we found on 'Dark Knight.' I'm not a big fan of 3-D. I liken it to my View-Master I had 40 years ago. Are you really getting more out of the story with 3-D? When you separate those different planes and you're creating artificial depth, it looks phony to me."

Add to that the fact that Nolan himself has gone on record about his distaste for what 3D does to movies, and it's looking pretty clear that the next Batman won't be 3D:

"On a technical level, it's fascinating. But on an experiential level, I find the dimness of the image extremely alienating."

Thank goodness at least one Hollywood hitmaker isn't succumbing to the studio's love of $20 movie tickets.

It'll still be in the $20 range for me to see it in IMAX but I'd be there for sure.

Not comic-related but apparently the Jackass 3D movie looks good as they're using similar techniques and equipment as Avatar did. Nice to see another 3D movie and not the hacked up versions they're calling 3D right now.

With Joss Whedon confirmed to direct The Avengers, Nathan Fillion has supposedly been offered the role of Ant-Man. I'm hoping it proves true as he'd be great in that.

From the early pics it just looks bad. Real bad. Sets on Thor look like Flash Gordon 2 but I still can't wait for that. Couple that in with more casting for the X-Men: First Class and it looks like there's no end to the comic movie bandwagon.

If the idea wasn't bad enough, its release date should give everyone ample warning of how bad it will be.

How many superheroes is R.R. going to play?

Apparently he was pulled from the Deadpool movie. Supposedly the creators didn't want the same person who plays a superhero to be a villan as well.

I thought RR was perfect for Dead Pool. He's a sarcastic ass hole... Plain and simple. Better fit than green lantern, that's for sure.