Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

"Comic Book" Movies: Info & Rumors

A couple years ago people scoffed at someone playing "Nicholson's Joker." I'm not saying he doesn't have some obviously large shoes to fill, but if anyone can do it it would be JGL. He looks damn near the same and sounds damn near the same. Talented as well, plus it wouldn't have to be more than a supporting or brief role. I'm also starting to worry about too many characters, but they can't fuck this up as bad as Spiderman 3.

The other thing to consider. The whole idea of Rhas Al Gul being eternal, Batman being a symbol not a person, why can't they go the same route with the joker. I mean it is a stretch and it would be changing things, but we never saw him without his war paint except the quick scene at the funeral. As far as Levitt pkaying the role, I agree whole heartedly with Mack! He is a hell of an actor and could pull it off very well. Just watch Brick! Not the same character as the Joker but definitely not what you would expect from Levitt.

Way late but it took me this long to finally see The Losers, which I was looking forward to because I loved the comic. Never have I been more disappointed in a movie in my life. I need to go reread the series to get the taste out of my mouth.

Saw Thor yesterday. Really, really solid film. They did him great justice. Did an amazing job of bringing both Asgard and Thor in general to our modern day Earth(Midgard lol). A few cameos, some more subtle than others (writers, artists). Stay through the credits.

Thor was excellent and the coda (scene after the credits) was great foreshadowing to The Avengers and Captain America. Marvel is doing it right.

I very much enjoyed "X-Men: First Class." They took liberties with the origin story, but it was quite well done and they did a good job tying it in with the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I don't recall a Stan Lee cameo, but there was another cameo that was unexpected but got a great laugh.

I only noticed one cameo. It's a nice piece of revisionist history. Some parts I really liked about the movie, some I thought were a little sub-par. I think they could have done better makeup/costume and special effects. They did such an amazing job on Nightcrawler in X2, I don't know why Azazel looked so stiff and plastic. Maybe it's just the hair that I hated, I don't know.

Considering how terrible the first sneak peak was six months ago, I REALLY liked Green Lantern. I think I liked it better than Thor or X-Men, although I thought those were quite well done also. They did a great job with the origin, then segued into good action for the last portion. The CGI was off a few times, particularly when they were in space, but that would be quibbling.

Stuck around till after the credits for Xmen only to realise that there was nothing after it lol... I had read here that a movie had something after the credits, just couldn't remember which movie it was so stuck around just in case. Liked the movie, entertaining. I need to go see Thor and will go see the Green Lanthern.

I have seen Thor and Green Lantern. I thought Thor was a pretty good movie, although the middle of it got a little boring. I thought Green Lantern was terrible. Everyone I know who has seen it agrees with me. The best way I can describe it is a 2 hours movie that could be shortened to 30 minutes and not lose any detail at all. I thought it was just a lot of filler and at the end, it left me the "wait, that's it?" feeling.

I still have to see X-Men. I am very bad at keeping up with current films. It's even worse considering I get unlimited free movies. Haha.

Would you classify yourself or the people you spoke with about Green Lantern as comic book fans? I've occasionally read reviews about some of the superhero movies in which the critic complained about a scene, yet it came straight from 60 years of canon. It would be like saying they couldn't accept Rapunzel letting her hair grow so long.

Also, I just had a conversation with a friend in which I told him the problem with most of the (first) comic book movies is they have to spend 30-45 minutes telling the origin before they can get in the action. His response is it's necessary to build the psychology of the character. He told me about a TV show in which a family somehow picked up super powers, but it occurred in the first five minutes. He said it took away from his emotional investment in the show because they was no build up of how they went from normal people to powered people. That's one thing I thought they did real well with Green Lantern; in the comics, he's known as the "Greatest Of Them All," but the movie showed a credible path for him to grow into that.

I very much enjoyed "X-Men: First Class." They took liberties with the origin story, but it was quite well done and they did a good job tying it in with the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I don't recall a Stan Lee cameo, but there was another cameo that was unexpected but got a great laugh.

I'm looking forward to seeing "X-Men: First Class." Unfortunately a "Friend" on facebook ruined it for me. :angry: