Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

Kentucky Fried Chicken or KFC

Is there a difference between KFC and kentucky fried chicken? thought they were the same?

I've been eating KFC twice a week, son's always asking for his chicken and chips and I have to ablige to get the meal so that he can have them both.

They changed the name to KFC to kill the negative connotation associated with "fried" by us lard assed americans. ;)

Actually that was one reason, the other was the State of Kentucky trademarked "Kentucky" and wouldn't let them use the name unless they paid them for it. Seems they made some horse race change their name too.

Actually, they have gone back to the Kentucky Fried Chicken name and are using both names. But yeah, the original change was to promote a healthy atmosphere, and even went as far as to say that it stood for Kitchen Fresh Chicken.

http://www.kfc.com/

You can see it on the site.

The local KFC here in Marietta is actually pretty famous...

Thebigchicken.jpg

The eyes spin and the beak opens/closes.

I haven't gone inside yet but the feet of the bird are inside the lobby, along with baby chicks following it.

I had no idea, I was driving around Marietta and was like WTF? I took pictures of it.

I just got some Chick-Fil-A coupons in the mail, so it looks like I'll be trying them for the first time pretty soon. I had a chicken sandwich from them in Atlanta, but nothing else.

I assumed they were a regular chicken shop. The coups were for new tenders, the sandwich in ATL was from a booth at the Georgia Dome.

Fact: The first KFC wasn't in Kentucky. Or even the South. It is located on the corner of 3800 South State Street in Salt Lake City, Utah. I used to play inline across the street. But I rarely ate there. Tasty, but it's like a rock in your gut.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...c7/FirstKFC.jpg

Since we're throwing around KFC facts...Dave Thomas (Wendy's) once worked for Harland Sanders and the reason Wendy's burgers are square is because one of the pieces of advise he was given in his time with Harland was to never cut corners.

here in Kentucky, I havent eatin KFC in about 2 years. They suck here for some reason (at least the ones close to me do). But bojangles is where its at... maybe popeyes, but mostly bojangles....