Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrooklyniteAlmighty

Brooklynite Almighty

The NAHL and EJHL are both much bigger, and I believe there are several Junior B leagues out there that have 20+ teams. I guess thats my long-winded way of saying, I don't think he was talking about the USHL.

If the guys can get it cheap at that level they may use it but it's not like they're going to inspire others to use the product. It's a huge waste of time and energy to break even or make a couple pennies. You're also talking about the age that is most influenced by advertising and the least likely to buy something with religious overtones. Bad move on so many levels, it's going to result in far more negative feedback than any benefit you may get out of it.

I agree completely - I was never trying to say whether he had a good or a bad idea, only that I didn't think he implied that the USHL was the league he was talking about.

My personal stance on the religious overtones - I'm Jewish, therefore I would never buy a product that promoted Christianity, be it hockey sticks, clothing, paper towels, whatever it may be.

My quote has zero to do with confidence or a lack thereof. It has to do with knowing what you can and can't do, which is simple truth and realism. Good luck and I hope you have a Plan B or a parent's house to move into if need be.

Its not promoting Christianity.......Almighty is any religion, Redeemer is in every bible, D Force, Genesis and Exodus are 2 books from the jewish religion. I did not name the stick Jesus Christ of Nazereth. I respect all views,,,,,,,,,,

Exodus is all about Moses....isnt it?

I like the names they are powerful.

Its not promoting Christianity.......Almighty is any religion, Redeemer is in every bible, D Force, Genesis and Exodus are 2 books from the jewish religion. I did not name the stick Jesus Christ of Nazereth. I respect all views,,,,,,,,,,

I'm not getting into a religious debate here. My opinion, and it appears the opinions of others here, is that it promotes Christianity, end of discussion.

And you think that is appealing to people who aren't religious?

im a catholic. I work in a catholic church too. Acording to our story of creation. Your " On the 8th day God created the almighty " is a spin off the creation story.

Go on the PHEW group on facebook (the demographic you'd be trying to appeal to in the EJHL, etc), and tell me if you think any of them would be willing to use this stuff.

In my opinion, your business plan is very poorly thought out and hastily constructed. At the stage you're at it is way too late to not even have determined what price you will be selling your product at. You also should have thought what your stick provides that nothing currently does. So far you haven't described one niche that any of your products will fill, as many members have noted by saying preferences, and purchases, will go to established brands. There have been claims from about two people that it is an outstanding product, but is it more outstanding than anything else currently retailing? This last point ties in to the initial lack of any pricepoints, for an elite performing or mid-level stick, you need to be able to sell them at a price that recoups your costs as well as competes with other products. BN has stated that in order to procure any reasonable profit margin, the stick will have to retail at a higher price range than what has been widely suggested.

Logically, it seems like your business has some critical flaws in its composition and execution. There seems to be lacking any sort of concentrated market research, forecast of demand and targeting of potential customers; as well as a general absence of some crucial details in the operation of a small business. In summation, being dedicated and putting in ridiculous hours does not equal success. I'd recommend doing some serious research in the attempt to learn both the finer nuances of the hockey industry and running a business before you consider developing or selling further products.

Thank you, I appreciate your support......All the info about my product will come out the day it is released.

LI7039 Its opinion if you like it better or not. I love the feel of the stick. The shape of the shaft is alittle different than most concave sticks look at the pictures, you can see it yourself. When you feel the stick it almost feels allot thinner then a regular shaft. i personally like the feel of the stick better then the sticks you just named. I am not saying its better. I am saying it has the quality of the top brands. It is constructed very well. Its your opinion if you like it or not.

But it does not matter because your not going to buy it.

Thank you, I appreciate your support......All the info about my product will come out the day it is released.

LI7039 Its opinion if you like it better or not. I love the feel of the stick. The shape of the shaft is alittle different than most concave sticks look at the pictures, you can see it yourself. When you feel the stick it almost feels allot thinner then a regular shaft. i personally like the feel of the stick better then the sticks you just named. I am not saying its better. I am saying it has the quality of the top brands. It is constructed very well. Its your opinion if you like it or not.

I notice you aren't saying it performs just as well as those. Just an oversight or is quality your main selling point?

The Fuel Ti has a titanium wrap and comes with a 60 warranty. The S17 has the elliptical taper to reduce torquing.

What did you guys do to The Almighty that's put it in the same category as these two?

Not busting or piling on here. I'd seriously like to know.

Oh, is it a fused one piece or a true one piece design?

I'm not getting into a religious debate here. My opinion, and it appears the opinions of others here, is that it promotes Christianity, end of discussion.

Perception = Reality

I notice you aren't saying it performs just as well as those. Just an oversight or is quality your main selling point?

The Fuel Ti has a titanium wrap and comes with a 60 warranty. The S17 has the elliptical taper to reduce torquing.

What did you guys do to The Almighty that's put it in the same category as these two?

Not busting or piling on here. I'd seriously like to know.

Oh, is it a fused one piece or a true one piece design?

You think he know what that means?

Taking my boys to hockey practice. On the ice 5 days a week. My stick has no gimmick. It performs......The tapper is unique, the shaft shaping is our own. The price is cheaper and the quality is there. I have to go I will post more about it later. I really need to get to the Ice Rink.

S17 retail 229.00

Fuel Retail 200.00

Almighty 179.00

Taking my boys to hockey practice. On the ice 5 days a week. My stick has no gimmick. It performs......The tapper is unique, the shaft shaping is our own. The price is cheaper and the quality is there. I have to go I will post more about it later. I really need to get to the Ice Rink.

S17 retail 229.00

Fuel Retail 200.00

Almighty 179.00

they get that much for a s17 in brooklyn? There all 219.99 or 209.99 east of you.

You've posted Prices...which, yes, are important, but people will look at that, and think..."there's gotta be a reason it's at that price...must not be good enough for me (or my little Johnny)"...so on the rack it stays. You need a 'gimmic' that seperates your stick apart from the rest. You need something that provides, or Appears to provide an advantage in performance over the other brands, not just a price advantage. People, as dumb as they are, will see right through it.

And those people who are shopping for sticks, They only care about one thing, themselves (or little Johnny) and what's going to give them the best option for their buck. Not to sound harsh, or condescending, but honestly, they don't give one damn about how hard you worked, or how many kids you have, or how many days a week you are on the ice, or that you're a college drop out. Everyone has those dilemmas. You're preaching to the choir. And frankly, we're all tired of hearing about it. so for the sake if you, for us, and most importantly, for your Company and Reputation...Please take a chill pill, and cut back on the coffee a tad.

So that puts you in the Synergy Elite, Warrior Dolomite, NBH Vapor XXXX, NBH One90 CCM U+, and the non Pro model Mission Fuel Ti price range.

If I were considering buying anyone of the above mentioned sticks, why should I go with Brooklynite instead?

I'm kind of surprised you didn't go with New York style names, like The Broadway or The Big Apple? It would have avoided any potential religious origin/belief headaches.

Still just my opinion, but trying to steal a slice of the big boys pie seems like an exercise in futility.

im a catholic. I work in a catholic church too. Acording to our story of creation. Your " On the 8th day God created the almighty " is a spin off the creation story.

I don't think God wants anything to do with this or else he would have posted.