Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habsfan87

08-09 Montreal Canadiens Thread

So...um...anybody disagree on keeping D'Agostini in the roster?

Oh and those pictures are nice Radio, thanks!

I have NO PROBLEM with D'Ags in Montreal. Now, with Higgins hurt...and Dandy out for while...they'll need him to stay regardless. Looks like Lats will get back in be default as well...and, I suspect someone goes up from Hamilton as well...Chipper maybe?

I love seein Dagostini in there, however I hope Latendresse and S. Kostitsyn can get it going. I know theres no room for everyone but if everyone plays well they can deal players easier if need be. About the facility...holy crap, that looks absolutely ridiculous..that would be amazing to go to work there everyday

That facility is absolutely amazing. I heard it will also be used for minor hockey in Brossard where it's located. Hopefully they will have the ice available for shinny, tournaments etc. because I will for sure look into skating there.

did anyone else find it strange that iginla invited breezer to drop the gloves???

i didn't understand that one. obviously brisebois not gonna go with anybody let alone iginla. is there some history between the 2 from brisebois' days in col?

no way anyone in our lineup could have dropped jarome but he could've gone for someone just a little bit tougher like maybe kostopoulos.... i dunno

I noticed Carbo often referring to "personal reasons" and "attitude" to justify Latendresse in the stands. Someone i know who spends a lot of his time at the Bell Center and who has many friends in the team's entourage claims he knows what happened. Apparently, Guillaume entered the dressing room and when he looked at the board and saw who his line mates were, he said something like: "Tabarnac, qu'est-ce tu veux j'fasse avec eux-autres, osti." Translation is : "Crap, me not happy." Coach Carbonneau apparently did not appreciate.

This may be nothing more than pure bullshit but it sounds plausible to me: Latendresse seems pissed in many of his recent interviews (obviously since he's not playing but...) and that would explain all the allusions to "personal reasons" and "attitude issues".

That post in the 3rd at 2-1 really hurt.

oh yeah, the team and his confidence, I'm not sure the left point is going to help him out of his slump tho.

Can anyone tell me what's going on with O'byrne out there? He looks petrified to be near the puck.

yeah he's been shaky i thought as well, he even seems rattled in interviews latley

He would benefit greatly from a week or 2 in Hamilton, where he would probably dominate in most situations...but even with all his problems this year, he's got a stron furture ahead of him...and would be claimed on waivers...and I don't think Montreal is ready to risk that - yet!

What a disaster in Carolina tonight. Just a brutal display of officiating all 'round.

*pukes*

I'm not going to pretend like Montreal didn't take some stupid penalties...but, seriously 11-1 (not counting the PS). WOW!

So how many games does Hamrlik get for the hit on Staal? I can't imagine any way someone could justify the hit, but I'm sure someone will step up anyway.

So how many games does Hamrlik get for the hit on Staal? I can't imagine any way someone could justify the hit, but I'm sure someone will step up anyway.

2 or 3. But, if he said anything about his GF while he did it ...6 to 8.

I'm not going to pretend like Montreal didn't take some stupid penalties...but, seriously 11-1 (not counting the PS). WOW!

Agreed.

Most of 'em were deserved, but Carolina deserved a few penalties of their own.

Luckily for the refs, it didn't get out of hand, but had it been a game between...say...Anaheim and Philadelphia, things would've gotten ugly out there.

I'm glad to hear that Chipcura and Pacioretty are getting called up, hopefully they get some ice time. On the other hand that dressing room is getting mighty crowded, not a bad problem to have persay but some good players will be watching some games

Crap...I didn't know Andrei was going to play until I flipped on HNIC at 7. It was too late to put him back in the lineup for my Fantasy team...so I missed out on his hattie.

Ya know what I'm liking about the Habs right now...They are winning ans finding new heroes every night. They have a great deal of depth that I don't think a lot of people thought they would have.

Kovalev/Plekanec/Kostitsyn have not done what they did last year...although they have been good lately.

Andrei got 3 yesterday...Lapierre got 3 tonight. Now, if you said "which to Habs would score back to back hattricks this year?" Andrei might be a given...but not Lappy.

Nice hit on Mike Smith. How that wasn't a call I have no idea. The refs fucking love you guys tonight.

Technically, hitting the goalie playing the puck out of his crease is not a penalty. There is however an unwritten rule against hitting the goalie, a sort of "gentleman's agreement". But Smith wasn't merely playing the puck. He used his body to protect the puck so he crossed a line and made himself fair game for a hit.

100% agree...if you're going to start blocking players to the puck, you have to know that these guys are coming full speed and you're going to get destroyed when you're out of your net. I don't think you would have complained about a nothing play like this if you would have won the game anyway.

And yeah, the refs fucking love us...that's why we got 11 penalties in Carolina.

Stop bitching.

Can anyone tell me what's going on with O'byrne out there? He looks petrified to be near the puck.

Sent down to Hamilton yesterday.

He didn't look good tonight. I'm hoping it's just rust from not playing much lately...but he looked as confused around AHL players....as he has around NHL players this year.

He took a Roughing penalty in a scrum that started after the final whistle...not sure if 'supplemental discipline' from the League follows those situations.