Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habsfan87

08-09 Montreal Canadiens Thread

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265581

Five game for the hit on Gorges.

Given all the priors Gauthier has and the fact it was hit to the head this is light. But no surprise.

I know Gauthier had some suspensions in the past but does anyone know what they where for ?

I know he's had a handful of nasty hits from behind, not sure if they ended up in a suspension or not.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265581

Five game for the hit on Gorges.

Given all the priors Gauthier has and the fact it was hit to the head this is light. But no surprise.

I know Gauthier had some suspensions in the past but does anyone know what they where for ?

I know he's had a handful of nasty hits from behind, not sure if they ended up in a suspension or not.

I can only find 1 reference to a suspension for a hit from behind on Wellwood that he got 2 games for. I would have sworn on a stack of bibles he had more than that though.

Well..that was a little easier to watch than most Habs games I've seen recently. Kovalev/Kostitsyn and Plekanec were back together and looked good.

Koivu/Higgins/Pacioretty were good too. Gorges showed no ill-effects of the head/shoulder injury he had against LA.

Now, the $1,000,000 question...can they maintain this run-and-gun style for more than 1 night?

They need some guys back from injury so that they can try and get some consistency with the lines, its been a game of boggle all year

Of course injuries don't help but the players who are currently helping and in the lineup can definatly pick up there game and do it consistently.

ESPN's Not Top 10.

number 9. Montreal Canadiens barber jerseys.

Ugly or not it was only worn one game because it was Montreal's 100th season, its not like it is going to turn into a third jersey or anything.

I can't see Price getting another start for a few games, unless Halak plays worse. They need a right hand shot on that powerplay BAD, I really hope they make some additions/subtractions before the deadline.

I am very scared about this road trip...

Mon Feb 9, 2009 Canadiens @ Flames ** L 6-2

Wed Feb 11, 2009 Canadiens @ Oilers ** L 7-2

Fri Feb 13, 2009 Canadiens @ Avalanche ** W 4-2

Sun Feb 15, 2009 Canadiens @ Canucks ** L 4-2

Wed Feb 18, 2009 Canadiens @ Capitals ** L 4-3 (SO)

Thu Feb 19, 2009 Canadiens @ Penguins ** L 5-4

If this is where..."the rubber meets the road" the Habs may look like a dead skunk in the middle of the road (...a little Loudon Wainwright for you) at the end of this.

So hopeful when the season started...so worried now.

** [EDIT]: Wow, that's off to a good start! :blink:

whats goin on with this team, a defensman leads scoring, both goalies are sub-par at best, no offense, and no power play...throw a little salt on the wounds with injury's and it's not looking so great. I just can't help but think that they need a veteran goaltender in the mix to help out, that being said, there'd be no Halak. I really hope Gainey pills a rabbit out his hat and make something happen at the deadline.

whats goin on with this team, a defensman leads scoring, both goalies are sub-par at best, no offense, and no power play...throw a little salt on the wounds with injury's and it's not looking so great. I just can't help but think that they need a veteran goaltender in the mix to help out, that being said, there'd be no Halak. I really hope Gainey pills a rabbit out his hat and make something happen at the deadline.

Not to worry...half hour players only meeting after last night...all is righted <_<

Huet never should have been traded. its obvious Price needed a little more seasoning. And the loss of Streit hurt them so much more than they thought it would.

Throughout the game Saturday night, the same two words kept going through my mind: "Jim Carey".

Only one of those words came to people in the Bell Centre....but they said it in 2 syllables...

Car-Ey! Car-Ey!

Got lots of fun stuff going on tonight in Edmonton to try to shake things up.

4 new lines.

Koivu with the kids (D'Agostini/Pacioretty)

Dandenault is back...playing forward. Josh Gorges will play forward (trying to recapture a Mark Streit performance maybe).

Sergei in the PB.

Price starts.

Go Habs...*sigh* Go!

Huet never should have been traded. its obvious Price needed a little more seasoning. And the loss of Streit hurt them so much more than they thought it would.

He is just getting off a injury and is in a bit of a slump right now, he will bounce back.

He is just getting off a injury and is in a bit of a slump right now, he will bounce back.

I do see an unnerving trend with Carey though:

Struggle finding form...people wonder why...injury is revealed. Missed time. Return from injury...Struggle finding form.

we also have to remember that he is a 21 year old who has to back stop the most storied franchise with by far the most attention, in their centennial season...and he doesn't have a more experienced goaltender there helping him along (no disprespect to Rollie). This all may be easy when the teams winning but as soon as they lose a few game that pressure builds up and i's definitley getting to him.

we also have to remember that he is a 21 year old who has to back stop the most storied franchise with by far the most attention, in their centennial season...and he doesn't have a more experienced goaltender there helping him along (no disprespect to Rollie). This all may be easy when the teams winning but as soon as they lose a few game that pressure builds up and i's definitley getting to him.

I realize that, but I fear him being a often injured player and struggling year to year when injuries break up his season.

Pick up manny or thomas in the off season for a 2 year deal (id assume most of these top UFA tenders wanna long term contract though...) Let price get some rest and really train the kid. work his glove side. and kick out kovalev and get yourself a scorer who cares. You'll have a better shot in your 101th year and many more to come. Id hate to see the habs blow out all their picks, prospects and young talent for a shot at this one. SJ and Boston are just in a diff league this year.